It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is US actual stance on Taliban??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: camain

the simple answer is actually go to war. We are fighting a tribal society, with a specific culture and view of how life is supposed to be. You can not, and will not change it, and allowing them to continue to exist only creates an issue down the road. The simple answer is genocide, burn every single village, town, city, and pretty much anywhere you see heat patterns for the areas where taliban fights come from. Kill them all, every man, woman, and child. That is the only way to permanently eliminate this problem. That said, we would never do it, and that's why we never should have spent over 1 trillion dollars in that # hole. We never should have gone in. We should have used MOAB, on every one of their cities when they had power, and called it a day.

Camain

I agree 98%

You just need to kill every male over the age of like 10. Then you re-educate the population much like Communism does. We are dealing with a war lord mentality that been going on for 1000s of years. But as you said, it is not something we could do. We are extremely good at war, but truly suck at occupation, and that second part is a good thing. It was a war we should never have gone into, I agree.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

How do we fight them? We do what we currently do, we use drones, and hopefully more automation so when they blow themselves up, that's all they blow up.

The simple answer is we don't unless we are willing to go full retard and kill every male over the age of 10. People here keep saying we created groups like the Taliban etc and I disagree 100%. The reason why I disagree is that those who we worked with in the 70s and 80s against the Russians ARE ALL DEAD...lol

The fighters today didn't fight back then were not trained by us etc...They are a part of their 1000 year warlord mentality that was there before us and will be after us.

edit on 29-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pressident

well i see the OP has left or been kicked. but namehere is right, we funded the mujhadeen the remnants were recruited and funded by the paki's.

and bin ladan wasn't taliban he was al-Qaeda, which the taliban gave safe haven in their territory.

here frm the National archives are a lot of documents about them.

here from the link page on the taliban,

Washington D.C., August 14, 2007 - A collection of newly-declassified documents published today detail U.S. concern over Pakistan's relationship with the Taliban during the seven-year period leading up to 9-11. This new release comes just days after Pakistan's president, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, acknowledged that, "There is no doubt Afghan militants are supported from Pakistan soil." While Musharraf admitted the Taliban were being sheltered in the lawless frontier border regions, the declassified U.S. documents released today clearly illustrate that the Taliban was directly funded, armed and advised by Islamabad itself.
Pakistan: "The Taliban's Godfather"? Documents Detail Years of Pakistani Support for Taliban, Extremists

and the home page of the site, some good stuff in there.
30+ Years of Freedom of Information Action
edit on 1-3-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

i rarely agree with you, but on this i do.

people, say you can't kill a ideal. my azz, kill every one of the murdering bastards and any of their family members that agree with them or may want vengeance and take up arms. then occupy them and set up a government, i won't say free government because there is no such thing. like was done in japan and germany. now granted germany didn't turn out all that well with that funky azz government they have out now, and japan isn't all that great either. but they aren't hell bent on ruling the world any more now are they?

edit on 1-3-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join