It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona virus and financial collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Stocks are not my “thing” but, out of curiosity, I took a peek at the current Asian markets and they all appear to be “down”.

If correct, that would not seem to bode well for the US. Market come Monday.

How is gold doing?

Isn’t it that when the market falls, gold rises?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

i follow my few stocks, right around dividend payout dates where more shares or partial shares are added to my accounts.

March 16th is my pay date i'm focused upon (I have 5 stocks that pay dividends in March/June/Sept/Dec every year)

the 'Futures' are what you are seeing 'being Down'------------ that's because there are many issues about the 5 million businesses which are being Affected by the coronavirus Outbreaks, closures/supply chains, labor sick days, no foot traffic...

the USAs Futures are -357++ as of Sunday 9 PM eastern...but by Monday, without any new scary news on deaths, etc. the DOW might have an uneventful day of 1/2% movement ---> up or down, that's until some more bad or not-bad news is presented.

me, my bias is to a 50 point down Market session (as opposed to the last weeks 1,000 point slides downward

ready as i'll ever be with my pantry stores of foods, for a 8 or more week, 'hunker down-at-home ' life exercise...
if the weather breaks I can do the tree & bush Spikes, to feed the green-leafy around the house along with chainsaw the logs left over from last years hurricane so the city can pick the stuff up & dump it

in the long run Gold will hit $2k by September, the DOW Jones will drop another 4000 by Easter & another 4000 by X-mas

a total of 12,000 points in 2020

the globalization, concentrated manufacturing & concentrated factory sites in China alone is a doomed business model and will remain a mess all year 2020...

and that's the swath of my good news

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

Dow roars back from coronavirus sell-off with biggest gain since 2009, surges 5.1%

so,uh
well
the sky is not falling?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
www.cnbc.com...

Dow roars back from coronavirus sell-off with biggest gain since 2009, surges 5.1%

so,uh
well
the sky is not falling?

Jury is sadly still out. Remember, in 2008 some of the largest recorded daily point gains were followed by massive losses that nearly outstripped the prior session's gains in a single day.
en.wikipedia.org...
Tomorrow will be a big tell. If we see another day of buying and the 10 year yields go up again, *maybe* last week was the market pricing in the bad news.

I am hoping that's the case. I read that China is opening plants back up staffed with Uighur prisoners to get the supply lines for durable goods and components up and running again. That's good, if it gets us all back up and running, great news. If not, more bad economic news will surely be on the horizon.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
the drop was supposed to be after Super Tuesday but the virus helped move things up. Expect another drop and a slow gain till then the end of August. People making money can only work together so long till they get greedy and want it all.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
DOW up 1300 people making money. Will be flat tomorrow and Wednesday will be crazy.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
up 1,296++….. that's gotta be the computer algorithm buying/ the Plunge-Protection-Team saving the Fed. balance sheet

because the mom-&-pops out there know there is too-much Risk in the rebound Monday gains

I did manage to buy-the-dip & got shares $1 above what I wanted to pay...but still $1 below the days closing price (the after market is only 03 cents down at 7PM eastern) and oodles of time to see if the dead-cat-bounce is all given back to virus Panic !

I think the Trump guarantees of USA virus preparedness & low threat status... can Blow-Back on him and fuel the fires of the USAs complicity in causing the outbreaks in China and Iran ->>> both nations on the USA watch-List !

Trump is letting-on that He and the USA agencies are privy to secret knowledge on the toxic nature (or lack thereof) of the corona/COVID pathogen

edit on nd31158319412502082020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Debt does not equal wealth, but debt has the potential of wealth. The system is working fine if the potential of wealth is calculated with realistic expectations, if the expectations get too optimistic then there are more expectations then the real world can produce. Debt is not a bad thing in general, but it can be bad if used in a bad way. There is a theory that the current debt crisis was caused by the coc aine culture in the financial sector, and I don't see it as a very far fetched theory. In drug induced euphoria, predictions can become overly optimistic and more debt can be created then the economy can realistically back it up. If there will be more debt then the economy is able to produce, then the system will either default or you create more debt (hopes of wealth) that will temporally hold up the system. It's like borrowing more money to pay your loans and by that postponing the problem while increasing your debt.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
during this COVID19crownvirus epidemic/crisis....

I am going to track the same stock I bought some of in the 2nd post above this one

I will spring to buy a minimum of 20 shares if the price drops in the $24.++ range because that will ~Dollar Cost Average~ my stake in the corp. at near $25.40 for 300 shares total

It may get lower over time/Spring planting
IF the virus supply chains and decontamination issues shrink the Profits expected---- then I will strategize getting to 500 shares before 2021 comes around (ahead of my accumulation plans that targeted 400 shares at Dec this 2020 year)

love these buying opportunities...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
if you been following my treads the economy is in tank in many fields as of today
does it matter to the employee , no , till they get their notice on "you are let go"
serious people thousands by the day are losing their jobs or afraid to go to work here in Japan
can't you all wake up what is to take place
yeah , i know , going out tonight for pizza is more important

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

i do Appreciate your concern on the trade/economic paradigm restructuring that is in our future

the old ways of capitalism, corporate culture, and economy are way outdated

the 3-9-20 market plunge of near 2000 points is indication that the investors understand that all phases of business.trade.supply.manufacturing
needs to be ReStructured with Pathogen outbreaks, Pandemic Viruses factored into the business model....from here on out

was this a 21st century 'Pearl Harbor" ?

is assymetric warfare behind the current crisis?

the markets are not reacting to just the COVID worst-case spread.... the markets are finally understanding it all about creating a new Atmosphere for Trade & good-&-services operations====

rebuilding the business & industry infrastructure & operations platform will take Trillions and Lots of time to develop a sense of security that the CV crisis does not continually pop up as the new-Normal
www.youtube.com... cov future 6 minits million dying, this pandemic will-not collapse civilization

not every business will be able to Adapt to the changes required to insulate from viral pathogen environments
and the notion of the Lok-Down leadership having unfettered control over the personnel at facilities producing goods is also unworkable

edit on th31158377811709212020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31158377828609242020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hello,

I believe my account has been hacked as I can no longer access it with my old password, and I was able to create a new account using the same email address I used for the account that started this thread.

After three years, we seem to be in a situation that supports the theory I proposed when creating this thread in 2020 as the most probable explanation. Increasingly, people are predicting that 2024 will witness an unprecedented financial and economic crash, with many trying to evade blame by claiming, "It's not our fault; the virus and Russians ruined everything."

To me, it appears that all the events of the past three years have been caused by this. The Powers That Be (TPTB) are well aware of what happened during the French Revolution to those who destabilized society, and now they are keeping the masses preoccupied with fear and animosity towards each other. This is so the masses will fight amongst themselves instead of turning their attention towards TPTB. I believe that the COVID charade, the conflict with Russia, and the divides between "liberals" and "conservatives" (I use quotation marks because the media's portrayal of these worldviews bears no resemblance to their original meanings), as well as between Muslim and Jewish communities, have all been orchestrated. This is because the greedy and ignorant have disrupted the financial and economic stability of society, and now they want to 'burn down the house' to evade responsibility for their actions.

Let me know what you guys think. Does someone see that we are being dragged to a scripted scenario that's reasons are simpler then most realize?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join