It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX META Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

The lunar module didn't return to earth. The lower portion was left on the moon, and the upper portion was jettisoned before reentry. The command module had heat shielding to protect it during reentry.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
SN3 has been destroyed too

www.nasaspaceflight.com...

According to Musk 'maybe a test configuration mistake' geez

on to SN4
edit on 3-4-2020 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Video of the collapse:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Nasa has announced that next month it will launch its first manned mission from US soil in almost 10 years from Florida’s Kennedy Space Centre on 27 May, taking two astronauts to the International Space Station (ISS).

It will take astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley approximately 24 hours to reach the ISS.

Godspeed those men!

No real info here except I didnt realise it was so soon.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Do you think they will cancel the trip because the ISS is a Corona free zone ... the only one off the planet!

Struth mate, if they take the corona virus into space it will become mutated by cosmic rays and fall back down as the first space plague in history!

Thankfully all is not lost. When the situation becomes too bad, they can cleanse the entire station by fire. Just open the doors as it de-orbits and let the atmosphere do its job protecting us all from certain doom.

Now back to your normal viewing.

Nice to see Space X moving forward. The future is great.

P

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Do you think they will cancel the trip because the ISS is a Corona free zone ... the only one off the planet!

Struth mate, if they take the corona virus into space it will become mutated by cosmic rays and fall back down as the first space plague in history!

Thankfully all is not lost. When the situation becomes too bad, they can cleanse the entire station by fire. Just open the doors as it de-orbits and let the atmosphere do its job protecting us all from certain doom.

P

Crikey Mate! Now I'm scared. Poor drop bears.

Bally

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   

on to SN4

SN4 passed pressure and cryo tests last night
www.nasaspaceflight.com...

SN5 is already being assembled and some design changes are in the pipeline after it, so i don't expect those vehicles to do much more than some static fire tests.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

What?? I didnt mention the C word here did I? I am trying to follow forums where it isnt mentioned too much. Getting difficult though.

Yes, Space-X, as much as they knock Elon (and he gives them cause to). To see his main rockets landing back on Earth was to me like, holy crap, this is what has happened between Apollo and now...

And if you can do that, imagine what control is available to put it on the Moon, without Astronauts, in preparation for Astronauts....

I hope this is going to be an exciting decade, here in Aus its certainly been biblical so far!

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Huge and surprising news, NASA selected SpaceX and two other companies (Dynetics and Blue Origin) two develop manned lunar landers for the Artemis program.

While the competition uses an Apollo-style solution, SpaceX offered Starship.
Not the conventional Starship they are trying to build for orbital missions and recovery on earth but a lunar version that will not be capable to return to earth. Instead the lunar starship would refuel and pick up astronauts in lunar orbit from a conventional starship and tanker variants.
Obviously it'll take a long time to get to this point but if it works, a long term presence on the moon would be much more realistic than with the other proposals.

Keep in mind, this is just a contract for the manned portion of Artemis. There's another competition for cargo flights, SpaceX put forth Starship there as well, but no decisions yet.

Also even more good news, Boeing applied as well but didn't make the cut.

www.space.com...

Scott Manley has a detailed video on the proposals
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
SN 4 static fire test, apparently successful

they are planning a short hop with SN4 soon

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Do we know what date the Space-X launch with the Astronauts is scheduled for?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

May 27.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

May 27.

Thanks, are those uniforms the astronauts are wearing in the promo's legit for space travel do we know?

Do they carry the life support system in a suitcase like the Apollo astronauts?

Personally I am investing myself emotionally in this even though I am English and now an Australia, America is the only chance we have of stepping foot on the Moon and maybe Mars in my lifetime.
edit on 13 5 2020 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Crew Dragon IVA (In Vehicle Activity) suits

www.inverse.com...

The suits are designed for life support inside the ship in case of loss of pressure

They are not designed for EVA (Extra Vehicle Activity)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Tweets have consequences. This is relatively minor, but...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Elon Musk is a man who walks the thin line between brilliance and insanity. In this case though, the sooner Tesla leaves California the better.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
They attempted a static fire test with SN4 today, but apparently aborted (successfully). They'kk probably try again tomorrow if the vehicle is fine.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I do not trust SpaceX to safely launch astronauts into space.

-Chris

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

why?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Institutional bias...
I am an old school fan of nasa, Boeing and rocket alley in alabama..
I hope they prove me wrong but till they successfully launch men into space I remain highly skeptical..

-Chris

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join