It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian government Kills 33 Turkish soldiers in attack on Idlib

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: gortex

Is that why Turkey tossed open the borders to flood the EU with invaders?

I'm sure that's part of their calculation: "See what we will do if you don't support us!". Erodgan is playing the ultimate game for him right now.

I wouldn't doubt the Military would Coup him rather than get in a hot war with Russia over Syria. Too bad Erodgan purged the military of dissenters against him as one of his first moves years ago.

Greece has their part of the border tight and are sending migrants back over to Turkey according to a NPR report I heard on the radio. Turkey didn't even want the migrants back, when forced not to enter Greece by Greek Troops.

Pretty odd behavior to try and Win over your allies by threatening to flood immigrants back into Europe.

Gonna backfire bigly on him.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
If Syria wants to drive an invading army from their country then i wish them success.

We don't agree on much but on this we do. Turkey wouldn't have dead soldiers if they were on Turkish soil.

Turkey is by no means a sanctioned UN force of any kind.

Just wait till Turkey "accidentally" kills some Russians.........

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

we should understand that removing a despot does not automatically lead to milk and honey.

You'd think that would be blindingly obvious to anyone with a brain. To be perfectly blunt......what did the Arab Spring really do for the Arabs affected? That stronghold of democracy and freedoms?

Thank God Egypt didn't fall into the Abyss of Obama's failed Middle East Policies.

Obama must have thought since the Velvet Revolutions worked so well in Eastern Europe, that the same would happen in the Arab World.

How'd that work out?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Erdogan has called on Russia to let them take on Assad , he claims to have asked Putin “to get out of the way”.

Erdogan asked Putin “to get out of the way” and let the Turkish troops deal with Syrian President Bashar Assad, the Turkish leader told his AK Party on Saturday.

Erdogan was explaining to lawmakers his government’s handling of the escalation in the northwestern Syrian province of Idlib, where Turkish and Syrian troops have engaged in several clashes over the past weeks. The hostilities have all but ruined Turkey’s 2018 agreement with Russia on de-escalating the violence in the area, which remains the last major stronghold of anti-government forces in Syria.

Describing his phone conversation with Putin, Erdogan said if Russia’s interest in Syria was to keep a military presence there, Turkey, a NATO member, does not object to it.

I asked Mr Putin: What's your business there? If you establish a base, do so but get out of our way and leave us face to face with the regime.

The Turkish president said he expects the international community and NATO in particular to support his country in the fight against the Assad government.

He claimed Turkey’s incursion into Syria was made by invitation “from the Syrian people” and that Ankara is not interested in territorial expansion or capturing Syrian oil. The latter remark seems like a veiled jab at US President Donald Trump, who said “securing the oil” in eastern Syria was a major achievement of the US troops deployed there.
www.rt.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

ROFL, no turkey did not bombard Syrian positions to that extent. They were denied use of the airspace by Russia after asking for permission to fly drones over idlib.

Incorrect. That is only Turkey going through the protocol of officially asking for permission. Of course they are not going to be granted permission but that hasn't stopped them. In reality the Turks are operating their armed drones over Idlib.

Even embedded Russian reporters are highlighting the impact that those Turkish drone strikes are having on the Syrian military.

You can auto-generate English subtitles for the video.

edit on 29/2/2020 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo
I am only getting the option for Russian captions, not English. How do you see them in English??

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Turkey is long over due for a reality check.....

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Why are the Turkish forces anywhere near the Terrorists? Syria has the right to take back Idlib from the 10's of Thousands of terrorists.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I am only getting the option for Russian captions, not English. How do you see them in English??

Click on the Setting symbol (small wheel symbol) and then click on subtitles. This will generate an auto translate where you can select from a language menu.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

add on top of that the YPG fighters we back stabbed and once again we have a very dangerous situation with the Arabs but this time at least one of them has nukes and WMD's for a fact and apparently we stand with them(turkey that is)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Turkey have used F-16s to shoot down two Syrian Air Force Su-24 Fencers over Idlib, 1st March.

Syria's SANA news agency confirmed the fighters were hit over Idlib, but said no one was hurt in the attack. The pilots used parachutes and landed safely, it added.

News Link

Footage of one of the Su-24s coming down over Idlib.

Remains of a Turkish Anka-S armed drone shot down - claimed 1st March.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Seems Erdoğan is not for turning , the tail leading the NATO dog to war.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Turkey shot down 3 Russian SU-24 Fencer bombers
Syria shoots down 9 Turkish drones
Turkey says "any aircraft entering Syrian skies will be considered a hostile target"

twitter.com...
www.rt.com...

Big escalation
edit on 1-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

There is no prospect of war between Turkey and Syria, Turkey has been waging war against Syria since 2011 and now that the Syrian have come this close to reclaiming their stolen land Turkey is forced to be open about it.

It will not be long before the car bombs start going off in Istanbul and Ankara again, just like when they shot down that Russian jet years ago. Funny how those bombs stopped as soon as they mended their relationship with Russia. Clearly they need another round to remember how things work.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Turkey launches missiles at Humaymim Air Base, intercepted by Russian air defence systems

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Hate to break it to you but Turkish reg forces are openly fighting Syrian reg forces on the ground and in the sky
sure without an official declaration,who needs that anyway
international law is a joke to these psycho's
looks like a duck, walks like a duck...
Russia needs to stop playing multiple sides.
i fully expect a false flag to draw in NATO by Turkey when Idlib is being close to liberated
It's going to happen, look for it

edit on 1-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

i fully expect a false flag to draw in NATO by Turkey when Idlib is being close to liberated

If you're one of those who think Erdoğan probably staged the coup against himself a couple of years ago to strengthen his grip on leadership then yeah I wouldn't rule out him using a false flag to get what he wants.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Nothing short of a nuclear attack would drag the UK into this regardless of NATO commitments.

We have more than enough on our plate trying to ge this country moving forward again after Brexit and I think people have had enough of foreign wars after Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya etc.
It would be political suicide for any Prime Minister to take us into another war.

I doubt there would be much support within the EU either.....Erdogan is playing a dangerous game.

I do however have an enormous amount of sympathy for the Syrian and Kurdish people.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Omg is this proof of the Illuminati????? It proooves skull and bones is behind this conflict.

Lol sorry I couldnt help it.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yea no snip. I have only been updating the idlib thread in my signature (not my thread btw) for over a year now. Perhaps we should continue updating that one since it's been going on since like 2018.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join