It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock Market Down. How is This a Good Thing?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

No bet. You're likely correct.

Trump alone seems to be the only one who even acts like he wants to do something about our dependency on China. Whether he will/can remains to be seen.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The problem will be that if we do then our politicians and board of directors will only shift that dependency to another foreign country.

It's going to be kinda hard to do differently.

I've been grouping "rare earth minerals" into a lump category, but really it gets more complex than that. Some are absolutely necessary, some are only needed in niche applications, and a few we don't really have a lot of use for. It's not like one can simply substitute gallium for neodymium. China has almost all of these elements in abundance and the infrastructure to extract them... the US, not so much. We have some of these elements, not all, and our infrastructure pales in comparison to China. I really blame the so-called "environmentalists" for a lot of the lack of infrastructure; extracting rare earths is a pretty messy affair.

If we don't have the resources here, we have to get them elsewhere. A better solution would be to have several sources for them, so if one source has an issue (like the WuFlu), someone else can take up the slack. Africa is not a single country; it is actually quite a few countries and a pretty large area. Having a half dozen countries scattered across Africa able to provide the resources we need is far, far preferable to having one country (China) do it.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
We have some of these elements, not al...

Wrong again:

The rare earth elements are the 15 nonferrous metals from lanthanide through lutetium, numbered 57 to 71 in the periodic table, plus scandium and yttrium. These elements are found in minerals across the planet: A fistful of garden dirt will likely yield some rare earths, Smith said. The true rarity is finding high enough concentrations of these elements to mine them economically. Such deposits are known to exist in just three places, though others may eventually be developed: Inner Mongolia, China, Mount Weld, Australia, and Mountain Pass, Calif. Facts, not disinfo

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It would also be intellectually dishonest to not acknowledge that an authoritarian form of governance has it's advantages.

One thing is for certain though.. their stock market is prone to the same ups and downs as ours and while they may have a little more leeway in firepower to get it under control, it still has it's limits.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Oh, authoritarian governments certainly do have major advantages... but at far too high a cost IMO.

I haven't actually heard how the Asian markets are doing... news seems fixated on the NYSE.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

How is it a good thing?
Is a buyer's market right now!
Once people realize that this coronavirus crap is nonsense itll bounce back through the roof and shower you in gold.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
What really yanks my chain is the Arrogance of the Authorized Gold Dealers..... to ignore the Spot Gold price extremes

when Spot Gold is @ $1640.00 A 1/10TH OZ gold coin will retail at $175.82 (a real hefty Premium) eh?

when Spot Gold falls to $1530.00 that same 1/10th oz coin sells for $171.xx (not proportional decrease)

I track the gold prices for coins/bars on Two different official market makers: JM Bullion and Provident Metals

I have observed that even when gold prices rise or fall by hundreds of Dollars...
the fractional gold coins _>
i.e.: 1/20th, 1/10th, 1/4, 1/2 ounce sizes...of gold coins

theprices of the smaller weight gold coins remain extremely close to the highest sale price & do not receive a discount

~a 1/10 ounce fractional coin might command a $22 premium (times 10 to equal one ounce @ $220. oz Premium markup
….. whereas an expensive 1 oz coin will sell for a single $49 premium markup ….

the 'poor' get their pockets picked once again, by government supported 'Dealers' who are Favored with the authority to be legal Dealers in allocated gold or silver coinage which is minted in the USA ...this situation is outrageous & unfair

the dealers are taking advantage of poorer PM coin stackers by not passing lower spot prices to the smaller investors who cannot buy the 1 ounce coins, but only can afford those smaller fractional sizes of coins at excessive markup prices

ETA

years ago the ACLU Lawyers would sue to right-this-wrong but that consumer protection group has gone LibTard long ago too
edit on th31158427612615422020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

22 MINUTE VIDEO: www.youtube.com...
edit on th31158427671215512020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join