It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telescopes detect 'biggest explosion since Big Bang'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This type of subject is " above my head " but i have posted it because i know there are others who enjoy this subject.

Here is the article in question.

Scientists have detected evidence of a colossal explosion in space - five times bigger than anything observed before.

The huge release of energy is thought to have emanated from a supermassive black hole some 390 million light years from Earth.

"The best I can do is tell you that if this explosion continued to occur over the 240 million years of the outburst - which it probably didn't, but anyway - it'd be like setting off 20 billion, billion megaton TNT explosions every thousandth of a second for the entire 240 million years. So that's incomprehensibly big. Huge."

www.bbc.co.uk...

We are finding something new " out there " on a regular basis.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
10^54 Joules, I read.

Thats about 1/40000 of the whole of Milkyways mass converted to energy.
I read that it might have been the result of matter falling into a massive black hole while colliding with other matter, mostly gasous molecule clouds.

I cannot comprehend how much energy was "having fun" then.

No, it is not dangerous to us. It happened much more than 390,000,000 years ago (because since the explosion, matter had time enough to be blasted out of the way for 750,000 lightyears). It is far away.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Perhaps the hole was full... and just barfed

I think this is a authentic video of the black hole

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
That is a rough number to try and grasp, wow that's gonna wreck something in the wrong place.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So the Big Bang is getting a reboot.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

On May 20, 1964, American radio astronomers Robert Wilson and Arno Penzias discovered the cosmic microwave background radiation (CMB), the ancient light that began saturating the universe 380,000 years after its creation. And they did so pretty much by accident. Courtesy: Space.com

It is almost 60 years since we detected the background radiation of the big bang. Who knows how many huge explosions there have been , long before we were able to monitor them?

new topics

top topics

join