It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Corona Case in The Netherlands.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Ofcourse with the mass transit going on in todays world this was bound to happen sooner or later.

nos.nl... rste-nederlander-met-coronavirus-opgenomen-in-tilburg-man-vierde-carnaval.html

( cant seem to get the link working here is a hard copy )

nos.nl...

An initial coronavirus infection has been reported in the Netherlands. According to various media, this is a man of 56 from Loon op Zand. He has already been admitted to the Elisabeth-TweeSteden Hospital in Tilburg on Wednesday and is staying there in isolation. Mayor Weterings of Tilburg says that things are going well with him.

The man reported himself to the hospital after a visit to the region of Milan, Lombardy, northern Italy. According to the RIVM, it was quickly recognized at the hospital that there might have been an infection with the corona virus.
The man has been tested positive for the virus twice, said Minister Bruno Bruins for Medical Care in Nieuwsuur. That is a protocol to prevent errors.

Now we had Carnival last weekend up to wednesday , so the person probably visited a few of those places and came in contact with a lot of people.

So im curious to see how this evolve.

Mostly because the village is not even 10 miles from Tilburg , wich is my hometown.

I am not gonna panic yet though , but i might go out saturday to stock up supplies just in case.
edit on 28-2-2020 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   
He contracted this flu-like virus in Italy, and is improving already. Good news.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Also, first cases in

Belarus
Northern Ireland

Reported over night, i think there was couple of others i just cant remember
edit on 28-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Stay prepared Greaze and use your common sense when it comes to cross contamination.

Washing and disinfection of hands frequently with alcohol based products such as Assanis and all the other stuff that comes with avoiding crap n stuff getting onto your skin, nostrils, mouth and eyes...

We all know here in Europe that Rotterdam is a major hub for importation of goods.

The Netherlands is a small country and is world known for international trade.

I know the town of Elst very well, near Tilburg too!

Are you near to Elst, Nijmegen or Arnhem?

Stay safe mate.

Lags

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
There also are 3 cases on the border with The Netherlands, but just in Germany. This is in the town Gangelt.
These have celebrated Carnival in the south of the Netherlands. This is where I live & I also celebrated Carnival.
I’m just hoping alcohol kills the virus

The EU has an internal open border, it WILL spread to all countries.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I saw it on the news yesterday during a special broadcast. I'm glad I started preparing already, but now I'm going in overdrive before the rest of the herd panics. I'm in North-Holland near Amsterdam.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Dat is klote...ik zit in Nijmegen. Translation; thats f:.ck'p i live in Nijmegen.

Hope for the best..

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'll save the mods the trouble...

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift
edit on 28-2-2020 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
scratches head its transmissible without contact how does this surprise people......especially in 2020 were in another country in 24 hrs if anything this brings up health hazards NOBODY is paying attention to especially in mass transit and mass transit hubs ( btw any typos are provided by typing in the dark and not having an lighted keyboard my bad im a little poor)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

WHAT!?! k what you said in dutch literally google translates as
That's #ing ... I'm in Nijmegen. Translation; thats f: .ck'p i live in Nijmegen.

so again HUH

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'm just over the border, 20 min away from Tilburg so it's getting close to home for me as well.
I've been to the Carnival festivities in Holland, this year we stayed home due to the storms... but if this guy was there partying then he could've easily infected hundreds! I guess it'll take up to 2 weeks to see the results.

Is it confirmed he was at the carnival?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Yeah..a real community guy who had been celebrating carnival. We even have video of him celebrating...

Supposedly he was at this convention in Italy with other people from the same village and they have also been celebrating carnival. They are currently trying to find these people and see if they contracted the virus as well.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Second case confirmed in Diemen a woman visited Italy last week and is quarantined at home. It's almost 100 kilometers from Tilburg where the first case was confirmed, has been scaled up this morning to GRIP-2 for increased preparedness

Tweede coronabesmetting in Nederland, patiënt in thuisisolatie in Diemen

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Moravec

Well that is bad news for Asgaard

I'm in North-Holland near Amsterdam

If I would be paying a little more attention I might have caught the whole story but wasn't there something last night on "nieuwsuur" about a vaccine that seemed to work. Only €11,-...who wouldn't cough up (pun intended) such a small amount to save a life..

Peace

ETA: Found the article.. Medicij nfabrikant Zeewolde
edit on 28-2-2020 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The article talks about a chloroquine, a medicine that has been on the market for 10 years to help malaria victims.

They have been running tests on corona patients in Wuhan and it seems to work.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard
I saw it on the news yesterday during a special broadcast. I'm glad I started preparing already, but now I'm going in overdrive before the rest of the herd panics. I'm in North-Holland near Amsterdam.

I came out of my last nightshift and didnt feel like sleeping so gonna go out for a fresh nose and get some stuff while im at it.

I usually buy for like 2 or 3 days worth of groceries , so think im gonna stock up a bit.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

It's good to see we still have some medicine production at least! Apotex is closing / closed the biggest generic drug manufacturer we had was taken over by Aurobindo who deemed it not feasible to continue. Which is incidentally connected to the unsolved case of the chairman and his wife who were found murdered, but that's another topic I posted in.

Grootste fabriek voor pijnstillers sluit: angst voor pillentekort

If you look into it it's quite amazing we're always short on medicine somehow in the past years. Now the supply chain of raw material is a problem since we import mostly from China and Apotex was producing for Kruidvat and Etos and the likes.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Very bad news indeed! My mother wants to visit tomorrow, but she doesn't have a car, which means public transit... I don't want her to risk that. Then again, we can now possibly get it anywhere we go, so not sure if it even matters anymore.

My grandmother lives in the same city as me aswell...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote
a reply to: zatara

WHAT!?! k what you said in dutch literally google translates as
That's #ing ... I'm in Nijmegen. Translation; thats f: .ck'p i live in Nijmegen.

so again HUH

Not sure what you HUH for but the google translation is not always correct ...From the context sure you can imagine what I meant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join