It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to issue fatwa against Osama bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another sign that the tables are beginning to turn against terrorism.

MADRID (AFX) - Spain's Islamic Commission, which groups the nation's Muslim community, said it was issuing a fatwa against Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden,
'We are going to issue a fatwa (religious decree) against Bin Laden this afternoon,' Mansour Escudero, who leads the Federation of Islamic religious entities (Feeri) and co-secretary general of the Spanish governmenmt-created Commission told AFP.

News Item

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
HOOAAAA!!

Now thats what I am talking aout. Lets hope it turns into something.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Another sign that the tables are beginning to turn against terrorism.

huh? you make it sound as if terrorisim started and ended with bin Laden...

this is simply a group of Muslims trying to get on our good side. Fataw or no Fatwa, i really doubt this will have any effect on the war on terror.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
whoopee

like a fatwa by some unknown spanish muslims will do anything regarding finding and capturing Bin Laden.

If the all mighty US and it friends still can't find the mountain man why would anyone think a fatwa would change anything?

Some other muslim group is probably going to declare a fatwa against those people and then back and forth they go. A fatwa no matter who is issuing it, is nothing but a bunch of words backed by hot air.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
this is simply a group of Muslims trying to get on our good side.

Damn man. Those Muslims who are law abiding, peaceful people should already be on your side. Are we grouping all Muslims together now?

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Machination]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
whoopee

like a fatwa by some unknown spanish muslims will do anything regarding finding and capturing Bin Laden.

Havent we all been screaming since 9/11 that the Muslim community should speak out against Al-Quieda? Couldnt this be a start?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Don't underestimate the power of the Fatwa. I was arguing with a buddy of mine and he hit me up side my head with a Fatwa...I was out for a day. Fatwa is some serious sh*t!

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Machination
Damn man. Those Muslims who are law abiding, peaceful people should already be on your side.

you're exactly right. they should be on our side. why wasn't this Fatwa issued on 09/12/2001?

Are we grouping all Muslims together now?

Uhm no, but if you asked the average american on the street how they felt towards Muslims and Islam, i really doubt they'd have anything nice to say. This little "stunt" is simply some kind of PR move.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by negativenihil]

[edit on 10-3-2005 by negativenihil]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well here's one line that I don't particularly care for in the article:

The Commission has also drawn up a document designed to 'thank the Spanish people and the government for their attitude towards Muslims' since last March 11, in particular for not taking 'disproportionate' measures similar to those which the Sept 11 attacks sparked in the US.

I don't recall any "disprportionate" measures after 9/11. If there were any, I probably would have been in favor of them on 9/12 with all the anger and rage that I felt. However, in this great country of our's, airline security cannot even pull more than two Arab men aside for additional screening without being fined $2 million. And meanwhile we've got these bozo's acting like we put all American Muslims in internment camps.

dh

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So a bunch of Spanish secret service controlled 'Muslims' put out a fatwah against a well-protected CIA-controlled 'Muslim'
What a facile game of non-news
Do you really believe it?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is great news.
One group at least is standing up and saying "no more".

If they show others that its OK to speak their minds like that then it could lead to change.

The comment about "trying to get on our good side" is unworthy of the public decision those people have made. With a comment like that I wouldn't want to be on YOUR good side...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

I don't recall any "disprportionate" measures after 9/11.................

Perhaps you have forgotten about the perversion of our constitution by the Patriot act and its sequential counterparts..................

[edit on 3/10/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is EXCELLENT news and it's long overdue.
Well ... better late than never.

Now let's hope the American Muslim community
joins this. There are more Muslims in America
then there are in Afghanistan. That's significant.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is nothig new.

Mainstream Islamic scholars and religious leaders have been condemning OBL and his followers for years, you just don't see it reported in the mainstream media: Islamic Condemnations of OBL and terrorism.

Al Quaeda is a fringe group, they don't represent mainstream Moslems any more than the Aryan Nations represent mainstream Christians.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am relatively new to the group, however my view of this fatwa is as follows.
First of all, I think issuance of a fatwa against bin laden is fairly meaningless, however, if the fatwa was issued against the wahbibi sect and their radical training schools, that might have some meaning. However to do something like that would mean directing the fatwa against Suadi Arabia, and we all know Bush and the Carlyle group would never allow that to happen.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
How easily lead do you want to be?

HOOAAA indeed...

And regarding the Muslims in America. It will take a bunch of uknown muslims in Spain to get them active? But not September 11th?

Wishful thinking is rife tonight.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by cargo]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
whoopee

If the all mighty US and it friends still can't find the mountain man why would anyone think a fatwa would change anything?

Some other muslim group is probably going to declare a fatwa against those people and then back and forth they go. A fatwa no matter who is issuing it, is nothing but a bunch of words backed by hot air.

I agree

new topics

top topics

join