It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CV19 Deadlier Than War! And 20x More Deadly Than Flu

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Treat it like the flu, and you'll be fine.

61,000 Americans died of the flu in the 2018=0219 flu season... Another comparison.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

It is not a proper airborne virus unlike Resident evil. That why the world hasn't been that effected. It infects by touching though, that what makes it dangerous.

Where did you get that information. Took me 10 sec. to find this....

www.hopkinsmedicine.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pressident

Tripe!

It's a new virus to humans meaning the body needs time to create antibodies. Seemingly nothing a healthy human can't handle. BECAUSE it's new there's a risk to people who could normally develop complications from infections that create flu like symptoms.

If you don't need to worry about dying from the flu then you don't need to worry about this. That being said if you are a person at risk stay the hell away from this virus, get your flu jabs and take care of yourself.

I mean stress itself can weaken your immune system, stop worrying about coronavirus because it'll only be worse if you do catch it! Joking of course, there's nothing particularly funny about pneumonia... Most people kinda know when they're dying.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Obvious to me we are not included in the loop...did the china president say it is weaponized, idk. Heard that.idk

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Perhaps CoronaVirus is WWIII

Last country standing? will go into 21st century the strongest

Since everything needed to fight the virus is produced in China, they may well come out the other end the strongest with the most survivors/population

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Okay, I have my concerns about the coronavirus but I'm not ready to quit my job and retreat indoors with my family yet. I do believe the coronavirus is deadlier than the flu and dismissing it as the common cold seems pretty foolish.

I don't see much talk concerning my greatest fear which is what happens if this virus mutates into a deadlier strain?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think we're in good hands, trump just appointed Pence as virus czar to lead the response to this coronavirus mess.

www.wsj.com...

edit on 26-2-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: JON666
Could the reason be that it is a human engineered bio weapon?

Then it's not a great one. How many westerners have been ill, how many have died? Pretty sure there are 0 deaths in the US so far.

You're wrong about that, but very few. Have you seen whole cities in China and now Italy grind to a halt? This may blow over without much more famfare - or millions may have pneumonia simultaneously in a couple months. Foolish to brush it off just to avoid having prepared and not having disaster strike.

Didn't take much for me to prep, and all money spent was on stuff that'll be used eventually anyway.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: JON666
Could the reason be that it is a human engineered bio weapon?

Then it's not a great one. How many westerners have been ill, how many have died? Pretty sure there are 0 deaths in the US so far.

You're wrong about that, but very few. Have you seen whole cities in China and now Italy grind to a halt? This may blow over without much more famfare - or millions may have pneumonia simultaneously in a couple months. Foolish to brush it off just to avoid having prepared and not having disaster strike.

Didn't take much for me to prep, and all money spent was on stuff that'll be used eventually anyway.

Best to just let those of us think it's nothing carry on that way, if there's going to be a culling so be it, nothing you do or say will change that.

Old mate there is big fan of telling people they should have studied harder and put themselves in a better financial position and if they didn't bad luck.

You have to pay the piper eventually.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Per this article in the Los Angeles Times, the first case of Covid-19 to be diagnosed in a patient who had neither traveled to Asia, nor been in identifiable contact with some who had been to Asia, has been admitted to the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, California.

apple.news...

It’s here.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

61,000 Americans died of the flu in the 2018=0219 flu season... Another comparison.

3% would be in the millions.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Given a US population of around 300 million, that would approximately 9 million dead.

A bit more than the total population of New York City.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Oops
edit on 27-2-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Flu is like .5% and Covid19 is like 3%, so how do they get 20 times out of that?

The stats I've read--and what Dr. Gupta said last night--is that the flu was 0.1 percent and COVID-19 is 2 percent, hence the 20 times.

POTUS stated last night that 69,000 die from influenza. 20 x 69,000 = 1,380,000

The r0 is much worse with COVID-19 as well.
edit on 27-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I agree 3% is high, but looks like those mostly affected were high vulnerable groups, so I don't see it being even close to 3% in America, Most likely will end up slightly higher than normal flu percentages.
edit on 27-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What I find an interesting measurement is with the normal flu is with the 2018-2019 season 600,000 people were hospitalized and 61,000 died, so I wonder if that would be a better way to look at it in how many people developed worst case symptoms beyond the normal sick for a few days.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The one to watch out for is the one that kills anyone, irrespective of the quality and calibre of their health. The one that won't respond to any vaccine, and only stops killing people after running its natural course. The one that kills fast (but not too fast to inhibit transmission) and does not allow our bodies immune systems to respond within a period of time before death occurs.

When that virus appears, I'll be disappearing and staying away from people. Until then, Coronavirus is number 450 on my priority list.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You don't need #s from China to get a pretty good idea what the numbers are. And they are serious, and considerably worse than influenza.

I guess some people don't really think it's a big deal if we encounter deaths equal to forty years of bad flu in a single year. But that realistically is what could happen. 20 times more deadly, twice as easy to catch.. or even more. Newer r0 has this 3 to 5 times worse than influenza.

Maybe there isn't an agenda.. and this is actually a really nasty virus the world has to deal with.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Covid19 does not kill you.

it's the viral pneumonia that will get you in the end.

Then you have the anti-vaccination morons that will endanger the few that can not take any vaccinations for real medical reasons

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

The media pushes their PANIC! agenda by using the CoronaVirus sickness-to-death ratio in China. The U.S. will fare far better... probably even a lower sickness-to-death ratio than the flu bug.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join