It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 7 dead, including shooter, in attack near Milwaukee Molson Coors campus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

He was quiet but had a #ty attitude, in fact if you asked him how was he doing he would say #ty, I never saw it in him but I haven't worked with him in a couple of years,
edit on 26-2-2020 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Why can't we bury this shooting. 63 shot and killed in Chicago this year. Chicago shootings never make the news. Totally shielded from reporting. We need to do a better job of covering it all up like Chicago.

Dude, Chicago is a lost cause. We've all accepted that.

They probably need more gun control. That seems to have worked.

No no, 63 already shot dead this year, and it's still only February.

You need MORE guns. Obviously.

Let's do a gun thread. Bring back the debate forum. You down? I'm for reals.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

Looks like 6 dead including shooter

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman
a reply to: Liquesence

He was quiet but had a #ty attitude, in fact if you asked him how was he doing he would say #ty, I never saw it in him but I haven't worked with him in a couple of years,

Dude. Glad you're alright. I don't live too far from Milwaukee and it always hurts when something like this hits so close.

Sorry such a coward had to take so many people down with him. Very sad.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds

Thanks, I was across the street in packaging so I was in no danger

ETA ya it is really a cowardly thimg
edit on 26-2-2020 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

originally posted by: markovian
Dose going postal really deserve a gun debate it's been going on for a really really long time probably happen before guns where ever invented

And guns wont change the body count in this situation

Intimate knowledge of the building workers and protocols makes it easy to exploit

Why bother planning a mass murder when you can just shoot anyone you see? Literally, a no brainer.

RIP those who died innocently, and condolences to those who now mourn a senseless loss. Despite the if's or why's, 6 people, with lives and futures, are gone.

And it's not a damn competition with Chicago.

time to plan this guy actually went home to get his gun thats planning others grab a forklift or another item that when misused can kill many people it depends on the work some jobs are so dangerous a gun couldn't kill as many people as a switch and it happens all the time I'd bet daily on a world scale

We just dont hear about it since theres no gun

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
From Dan O'Donnell BREAKING: We can now confirm that seven people (including the gunman) have been killed in a mass shooting in a packaging facility on the Molson Coors campus in Milwaukee this afternoon.

Sources tell me that the gunman was fired from Molson Coors this afternoon and returned with a .45 caliber handgun and opened fire, killing six people before turning the gun on himself.

Well who ever fired him was a really bad boss and pissed him off or he doesn't know where else to go and have mental health.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Am saddened by this senseless tragedy that happens far too often now.

These mass shootings weaken us as a culture. Disarming us weakens us even more.

Too much emphasis on the gun and not the amount of crazy we have going on in the world.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

35 were shot and killed in Chicago this month alone.

This Coors distribution facility though...bloody freakin outrage. How did this happen? What could have been done? Was it an assault rifle? If so how do we ban them..the horror.

Keep in mind, most Chicago shootings are gang members (or just scumbags in general), killing each other. Unfortunately sometimes its innocents dying due to the bad aim and lack of training of the shooters.

With "mass shootings" its usually someone on prescribed mind-altering drugs who may have gone "off their meds." They test people to make sure they're taking their doctor-prescribed amphetamines, you'd think they could do the same for the SSRIs that are meant to keep people out of the mental hospital and in society without killing people.

Note: I know not everyone on anti-depressants is that much of a mess, but I also know there's people who belong in padded rooms who now live, work and play among us, thanks to prescription drugs - all they have to do to swing back worse than before the drugs is to stop taking them.

My main point being, there is a different between Chicago crack deals gone bad, where either a fiend or a dealer gets shot and someone's dad and his 6 work mates getting killed by someone who just decides he wants the world around him to burn.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

35 were shot and killed in Chicago this month alone.

This Coors distribution facility though...bloody freakin outrage. How did this happen? What could have been done? Was it an assault rifle? If so how do we ban them..the horror.

Keep in mind, most Chicago shootings are gang members (or just scumbags in general), killing each other. Unfortunately sometimes its innocents dying due to the bad aim and lack of training of the shooters.

With "mass shootings" its usually someone on prescribed mind-altering drugs who may have gone "off their meds." They test people to make sure they're taking their doctor-prescribed amphetamines, you'd think they could do the same for the SSRIs that are meant to keep people out of the mental hospital and in society without killing people.

Note: I know not everyone on anti-depressants is that much of a mess, but I also know there's people who belong in padded rooms who now live, work and play among us, thanks to prescription drugs - all they have to do to swing back worse than before the drugs is to stop taking them.

My main point being, there is a different between Chicago crack deals gone bad, where either a fiend or a dealer gets shot and someone's dad and his 6 work mates getting killed by someone who just decides he wants the world around him to burn.

One situation is responsible for about 90% of gun deaths yet that situation gets little to no exposure. Actually, if that one situation was eliminated the US would be one of the safest countries regarding guns, even compared to countries where guns are illegal. Just something to think about. Unfortunately it can't be discussed in open public because black people are involved. Address it in any format and no politician is getting elected and anyone else is a racist.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Could this have something to do with the proliferation of firearms?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Am saddened by this senseless tragedy that happens far too often now.

These mass shootings weaken us as a culture. Disarming us weakens us even more.

Too much emphasis on the gun and not the amount of crazy we have going on in the world.

Then it is inevitable. You must necessarily get weaker and weaker until you probably just evaporate from existence as a culture.

Bye.

edit on 27/2/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I feel like you thought this comment was going to be much more dramatic and hard-hitting than it turned out to be. Beyond that, god forbid anybody suggest looking at mental health issues and try to address that, right? That’s just silly.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I feel like you thought this comment was going to be much more dramatic and hard-hitting than it turned out to be. Beyond that, god forbid anybody suggest looking at mental health issues and try to address that, right? That’s just silly.

There was an inconsistency in the reasoning of DC's post.

Mental health is a good thing to sort out. It should be a big part of medical care. In a first world country, it isn't something that is too hard. Even some third world countries are doing better than some first world countries in that regard.

But I don't think that mental health care will stop all the shootings and suicides.

Firearms remain a quick way of killing. Apart from the function of shooting, they have no other reasonable use. Proper registration and control over access to firearms for those who do not meet requirements to carry would simply be prudent and would reduce the mass shootings.

But there is no single fix that will stop all the suicides and mass shootings.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You’re right, addressing mental health won’t fix it entirely. But it’ll fix a number of things to some degree. Short of trashing the second amendment and magic wanding away all the guns in existence, nothing is going to stop shootings entirely.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You’re right, addressing mental health won’t fix it entirely. But it’ll fix a number of things to some degree. Short of trashing the second amendment and magic wanding away all the guns in existence, nothing is going to stop shootings entirely.

Having gun ownership as members of an organized militia, who vet their members, train in gun safety and responsible use, and can organize against tyranny is not against the 2nd. That was the way the amendment was framed.

Having everyone with their own weapons, no requirement of responsible use or training, is anarchy and cannot possibly defend against tyrannical government, which is large and organized.

Anarchy is when people do whatever they please acting individually, taking the law into their own hands. I'm fairly sure that the 2nd wasn't meant to be interpreted that way.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Having gun ownership as members of an organized militia, who vet their members, train in gun safety and responsible use, and can organize against tyranny is not against the 2nd. That was the way the amendment was framed.

No, it wasn’t. Minutemen organized themselves, had their own firearms, and trained themselves. The argument that a bunch of guys who just fought a tyrannical government would then turn around tell everybody “hey if the government becomes a problem again you can totally use guns to overthrow them but only if you’re a member of a government organized and controlled body” is absurd, which is why the Supreme Court rejects the collective rights argument in favor of the individual right argument.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Having everyone with their own weapons, no requirement of responsible use or training, is anarchy and cannot possibly defend against tyrannical government, which is large and organized.

Anarchy is when people do whatever they please acting individually, taking the law into their own hands. I'm fairly sure that the 2nd wasn't meant to be interpreted that way.

The key part of American society is totally missed by you and a lot of Americans too. The United States was founded on the principle that it isn't the government's responsibility to tell us what to do and how to do it. In the first 200 years, people took firearms seriously and handed down the knowledge from one generation to the next. Now, a lot of that is lost and people buy guns just for the sake of owning one.

Things have been made worse in the last 30 years by giving away participant trophies so no one gets their feelings hurt. Molson-Coors should have given this guy a trophy before dismissing him. Instead his feelings were hurt and took it out on innocent people. That's an issue to look into with these shootings.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: chr0naut

The key part of American society is totally missed by you and a lot of Americans too. The United States was founded on the principle that it isn't the government's responsibility to tell us what to do and how to do it. In the first 200 years, people took firearms seriously and handed down the knowledge from one generation to the next. Now, a lot of that is lost and people buy guns just for the sake of owning one.

Things have been made worse in the last 30 years by giving away participant trophies so no one gets their feelings hurt. Molson-Coors should have given this guy a trophy before dismissing him. Instead his feelings were hurt and took it out on innocent people. That's an issue to look into with these shootings.

Wouldn't the Constitution be the government telling everyone what to do?

America has always had problems with the misuse of firearms. Right from the old west, with all those outlaws and duellists. There weren't any good old days of gun responsibility.

In fact, without a doubt, there are far more responsible gun owners today in absolute numbers. It is the tiny minority that spoil the peace.

And saying "every man for themselves", in regard to guns, is anarchy.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The bill of rights are restraints on the government.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join