It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is the death sentence..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
How is the death sentence any different than killing the infidels?

Let's say someone murdered a person, maybe a few persons and this persons thought of these people as infidels.

Giving this murderer the death sentence, what is it different from killing the infidels (who are said to also commit murders).

Is it justice or is it murder? It's still murder right, an eye for an eye.

Is eye for an eye justice, or is it revenge, and is revenge justice?

It's highly probable this topic is discussed before, here or anywhere around the world.
edit on 26-2-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Infidels are people that don't agree with somebody else's religion, or follows a different one.
People given the death sentence are people that committed a really bad crime, for reals.

Clear now?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

What about disagreeing with a religion of love, or a religion of life (if they exist)

Would that make you a bad person?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance
It would depend on which God is assigned to your character.
There is a way to check, forgot just now how though.

Either way, it depends on whatever God is your owner. Some Gods say it's ok to kill infidels, others say it's ok to just rip them off and own them.

It just depends. It's complicated.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hm, seriously.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Does not matter what label you put on killing or the killers, taking another life has consequences either way. Killing leads to more killing. Accidental deaths are not really accidents, collateral damage is no different, killing changes the lives of all involved and generations to come are affected, infected and perpetuated.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
All things considered I dont see death as that much different that being locked in a cage in substandard conditions that are guaranteed to cause your early death the outcome is the same

Now if the prison systems where not a place of violence rape desize and general poor living conditions this may not be the case but dropping a murder in a cage full of rabid dogs and going I didn't kill them the dogs did is nothing more than a way to mitigate the reality of what you did

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Theres your moral argument but I would argue that the death penalty needs to be abolished for other practical/lawful/moral reasons.

The Innocence Project has exonerated hundreds (these numbers are outdated).

21 of the innocent people were on death row...

Not only are there innocent people in prison, there are innocent people on DEATH ROW.

The death penalty has to be ended immediately.

Our "justice system" itself is criminal.

edit on 26-2-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Is it murder to kill those who kill the infidels? Are they murders too?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Whp pays to keep proven mass murders alive never having to work again?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Theres your moral argument but I would argue that the death penalty needs to be abolished for other practical/lawful/moral reasons.

The Innocence Project has exonerated hundreds (these numbers are outdated).

21 of the innocent people were on death row...

Not only are there innocent people in prison, there are innocent people on DEATH ROW.

The death penalty has to be ended immediately.

Our "justice system" itself is criminal.

I would purpose equal justice if you get drunk and kill someone with your car then you should be taken out by a car. If you rape and kill your victim then you should suffer the same punishment raped and killed. If society did this instead of locking them up for life people would think twice about committing a crime. Look at the midlle east where they cut your hand off for stealing I would surmise they have a very low theft rate.
edit on 26-2-2020 by JON666 because: add thought

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Think your question and format is wrong, very vague
Biblical Israel was a theocracy, both a civil and spiritual government applied.
The death sentence was spiritual and civil, it purpose was to end violence and hand justice to the civil and religious authorities.
Should someone transgress another without civil law, revenge was common, not just revenge but excessive revenge, two teeth for one tooth, two eyes for one eye. “You kill one of my family, I kill seven of yours”
Hence the biblical mandate for civil law and justice

Now civil law is in the states hands, you vote, your decision what happens to those who transgress the law.

Is it murder, no, murder is the unlawful, non justified, non valid excuse killing.
The state decide what is acceptable and unacceptable
Your opinion but not the states opinion.

Abortion is murder I believe but the state sanctions abortion

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Giving this murderer the death sentence, what is it different from killing the infidels (who are said to also commit murders).

Is it justice or is it murder? It's still murder right, an eye for an eye.

It's justice. When a murderer is rightly given death penalty, then that is justice. One of the biggest sins that the leaders of humanity made, was to intentionally remove the capital punishment from their laws. Now look what happened as a result, criminals running free and wild.

P.S. To have a clear idea of what we're talking about, first and foremost is important to read and understand the definitions of these words: justice and revenge.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

When you kill the murderer, you kill someone yourself. I believe this revenge is also a crime.

We are having legal crimes.

I'm just reasoning here.
edit on 26-2-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I'll tell you bend over and let me violate you and then let's see if you want a little revenge or let me kill one of your family members and then tell me how altruist you can be.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Is this a proposal?

I could keep you as a slave doing my work for me.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Would that be a revenge slave? How loving and alturistic you sound.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
How on earth did I end up here again. What's bothering you JON666?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   

From a moral standpoint, there are both good and bad killing. If I kill someone to prevent harm to my family, or to an innocent, is that truly a crime?

Is the sentence of death to a proven criminal truly a crime?? Personally, I don't believe so.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'm just reasoning here, take nothing personal.

We murder because we want to help ourselves, and I'm not talking about killing animals for food.

Is there something wrong with humans? Are they born sinners?

I'm not telling to kill the sinner.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join