It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PANDEMICS - Could Be One of Natures Methods for Keeping Humankind Alive Long-Term.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
February 25, 2020

According to www.prb.org... approximately 109 Billion people have lived on Earth since Adam and Eve got the ball rolling.

Imagine if all those human beings had lived a full life-span, consuming resources and having children along the way.

Could Pandemics be one of Nature's methods for keeping the Earth from becoming too crowded?

Here's an excerpt from an article that lists the top recorded pandemics over the past 2,000 years.

Scientists and medical researchers have for years have differed over the exact definition of a pandemic (is it a pandemic, or an epidemic), but one thing everyone agrees on is that the word describes the widespread occurrence of disease, in excess of what might normally be expected in a geographical region.

Cholera, bubonic plague, smallpox, and influenza are some of the most brutal killers in human history. And outbreaks of these diseases across international borders, are properly defined as pandemic, especially smallpox, which throughout history, has killed between 300-500 million people.
More at: www.mphonline.org...

How many people would be on the Earth by now if there were no Pandemics?

Would humankind have exhausted all the planet's resources, making ourselves extinct by now?

Perhaps even the violent side of our nature is by design? The hundreds of millions of people killed in wars, and other human-on-human violence, has also kept population growth dampened.

Un-Natural death isn't pleasant to think about, but God (aka "Nature") may have designed the Master Plan in a way that keeps humankind alive, until we're advanced enough to begin populating other worlds.

-CareWeMust

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So culling the herd?
Makes sense

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

So culling the herd?
Makes sense

Lots of smaller examples in nature. In the small town where I grew up, the guy who used to win the "Best Garden in Town" award, talked about killing some roses, so they wouldn't "choke each other out". I'm sure there are many more examples in nature.
edit on 2/25/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If it was Adam and Steve imagine where the population would be...

Sorry folks I couldn't resist.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
There are 7 billion people. Less than 3,000 people die worldwide (many of them who were probably already in poor health and could have died of something else in the near future anyway) and people are already acting like it's wiping us out.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I think its much worse in china than they are admitting. My wife has a friend teaching there and she is relaying some scary happenings.
That being said, you are right about this one.
I don't believe it's the one that's going to kill millions.
But it should be a warning about how fast and easily a bad flu will spread.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If mother nature wants to take me to make room for others, she is welcome to. .
edit on 25-2-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Earth has many ways of controlling the population. For example, the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami killed an estimated 225,000 people across a dozen countries and the 2011 Japan tsunami killed around 20,000 people. 1138 Alepo earthquake killed an estimated 230,000 people.
WWII (not sure if this is considered natural cause or man caused) an estimated 70-85 million (3% of the world population) people died.

I just read that the Taiping Rebellion from 1856-1873 around 20,000,000 to 100,000,000 people died! Crazy!
Wiki list of wars by death toll

edit on 25-2-2020 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2020 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I think its much worse in china than they are admitting.

It may be. China's healthcare is probably not as advanced. Nor their hygiene standards and so forth. Nevertheless, Would you think China and Japan are both misreporting? It's been in Japan long enough to have gotten much worse and yet it hasn't. It seems to have been very effectively contained in Japan. A place we know a lot about.

My wife has a friend teaching there and she is relaying some scary happenings.

I wouldn't doubt it (going back to what I just said). I'd also assume that the Chinese government has probably not seriously ever considered having to try to contain something like this so it is something they were likely woefully unprepared for. And also, it's a totalitarian communist dictatorship. It can be assumed from the get go that they don't place the same value on the lives (and well being) of their citizens as some other governments do. And also, the top priority of totalitarianism is power, control and the maintenance of such. Therefore, widespread panic would most decidedly be not in their best interest.

But also, widespread panic is really not in the best interest of the collective totality of humanity, either. We can not truly know if the statistics we are being given are accurate or not. Whether you would assume they are or they aren't, you could be equally wrong or right in that assumption. So I would rather assume that TPTB will level with us to the extent that they are able to. Because I don't like to be driven entirely by fear.

edit on 25-2-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
If it was Adam and Steve imagine where the population would be...

Sorry folks I couldn't resist.

No accidents in creation. All by design.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
There are 7 billion people. Less than 3,000 people die worldwide (many of them who were probably already in poor health and could have died of something else in the near future anyway) and people are already acting like it's wiping us out.

Much of the alarm is from organizations that simply want MORE M-O-N-E-Y. Some of the biggest cash-sucking organizations in the world are related to human health. American Cancer Society, the World Health Organization, and the California Health Department are 3 of them that immediately come to mind. Their Return-On-Investment is horrible.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7
I'm pretty sure mankind would not be here today, if there were no diseases, or human-on-human murders and wars.

We'd have consumed all the resources, or the increased tensions from overpopulation would have triggered all-out nuclear war.

OR, just maybe Earth would have pulled together and began populating other planets, out of pure necessity. That would be the BEST of human nature shining through!

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Could Pandemics be one of Nature's methods for keeping the Earth from becoming too crowded?

That is EXACTLY what it is.

Humans are an infection on this planet

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I respect the OP posting and its an interesting idea with same interesting responses .

but I think it is much simpler concept.

its just nature continuing cycles / point-counterpoint.

we become immune (or at very least less effected) by sickness (of all types be biological, environmental or viral) then the "bugs" that cause it evolve to counter that to make us sick.

this back in forth has existed at beginning of time and things like antibiotics, advanced medicine, ect just plays its part.

in short lather rinse and repeat

scrounger

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Just curious...

I can accept the logic, and it makes sense but what if it was the illuminati doing it for the same well intentioned reasons?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
February 25, 2020

According to www.prb.org... approximately 109 Billion people have lived on Earth since Adam and Eve got the ball rolling.

Imagine if all those human beings had lived a full life-span, consuming resources and having children along the way.

Here's an excerpt from an article that lists the top recorded pandemics over the past 2,000 years.

Scientists and medical researchers have for years have differed over the exact definition of a pandemic (is it a pandemic, or an epidemic), but one thing everyone agrees on is that the word describes the widespread occurrence of disease, in excess of what might normally be expected in a geographical region.

Cholera, bubonic plague, smallpox, and influenza are some of the most brutal killers in human history. And outbreaks of these diseases across international borders, are properly defined as pandemic, especially smallpox, which throughout history, has killed between 300-500 million people.
More at: www.mphonline.org...

How many people would be on the Earth by now if there were no Pandemics?

Would humankind have exhausted all the planet's resources, making ourselves extinct by now?

Perhaps even the violent side of our nature is by design? The hundreds of millions of people killed in wars, and other human-on-human violence, has also kept population growth dampened.

Un-Natural death isn't pleasant to think about, but God (aka "Nature") may have designed the Master Plan in a way that keeps humankind alive, until we're advanced enough to begin populating other worlds.

-CareWeMust

Not sure of the numbers but the theory holds up . It's almost like nature /god put together a self replicating army of tiny eugenicists .
It'll also redefine the ',elite' element of human society : suddenly , working in a city , buying consumerist goods like fancy cars , investing your money in now tumbling stocks and shares , pouring shun over those less endowed , going on expensive holidays abroad ,
All of that , lifestyle elitism , was, for mugs . Mugs that are now 10 miles behind in life with little to no physical mental or truly life-essential resources to work with and it's too late . Some are already wishing all that ' bling' went on some slightly more useful kit than Gucci handbags , expensive drugs , and posh dinners .
Besides that no one is immune , from innocent complacency either. This may well teach us all a hard lesson.

ETA a needed one at that

edit on 26-2-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Only good thing that will come out of this is that some people will finally learn the hard way that we are all in the same boat hurling through universe on this rock we call planet earth. A virus knows no politics, borders, race, nationality, political affiliation or religion.
It can start spreading from a "#hole" country and we will all going to get it at some point no matter how superior we think we are.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

I've been saying for years --- one day, it's all going to crash.

We already have locust swarms decimating crops, and floods that wipe out entire regions....now "the plague!"

It's a fact that nature does control populations.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

They are usually people who scare easily, and scream the loudest.

Thankfully, most Americans are realistic, and understand that the media hires those who frighten easily.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

That is EXACTLY what it is.

Humans are an infection on this planet

No...we're not an infection. Neither are trees, even though nature burns millions of them every year. It's all just part of the way the world works.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join