It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Village People REFUSE to ban Trump from Using their Tunes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Good for them. As much as the MSM loves to coin Trump as a homophobic or whatever, hes not.

His military Transgender dust up stuff was simply to stop the free surgery's giveaway on behalf of the USA taxpayer. Sorry all, but that's it. Actually our boys in the military love transgenders! Its been that way since the 1970's when a float to the Philippines pulled into port. Then it was sailors gone wild along with the marines. What so you never told your wife, girlfriend or husband? So go write a thread if you disagree.

I say good one for The Village People.

Since the music is not used for a specific endorsement, it is perfectly fine for it to be played at Trump rallies, the band said in a Facebook post on Monday, noting they were “inundated” with requests to block the president after ‘Macho Man’ was heard playing during his trip to India. “Like millions of Village People fans worldwide, the President and his supporters have shown a genuine like for our music,” the group said. “Our music is all-inclusive and certainly everyone is entitled to do the YMCA dance, regardless of their political affiliation.”

As far as the Russians go? Well, they have that bunny "babe" from the 1985 Wendy's fashion show commercial! God bless America!
edit on 25-2-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Good on them...of course now I have Macho Man on repeat in my grey matter!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Good on them...of course now I have Macho Man on repeat in my grey matter!

Uh, yep.
Already playing in my head.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The dumbest story i've seen in weeks.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

So... you're telling me there's a place I can go? That I don't need to feel down? When I'm short on dough? I can hang out with all my boys?
This makes my dreams real!

I, for one, find it refreshing that someone (anyone), doesn't give a crap about politics.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Imagine how juvenile and sheltered you'd have to be to even message them demanding that they stop Trump from using their music. Like that's your big win? That'll show him! Make him have to use different music!

Grow the # up.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And pointless. It's a non-story.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Now now Furry Texan. Just because you cant fit into one of those excellent period costumes? Or were you never on a task force US carrier float to the "flippers"

Cowboys and their beans....................

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Just goes to show who does call for silencing, censorship.

*shrugs*

Leftists are showing their true colors.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Id bet it's like 10 people on twitter. Hack journalists pulling a few tweets from millions to make nothing seem like something.

You can find outrage for anything if you look hard enough.

Sharing these stories only validates the small wacky outaged minority.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

“Our music is all-inclusive and certainly everyone is entitled to do the YMCA dance, regardless of their political affiliation.”

And this, my friends, is what is oh so missing from the agenda of the left. For them it is follow lock step or die.

Good on them, young men!!!

link   
Can’t say I’m all that surprised that Donald Trump is a Village People fan.

link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

In the Navy. It was extreme leave when a POC in the Philippines back in the day. Marines also tag along.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Good for them and god bless their intention and heart.

The notion that artists of any type (can/should/must) be shamed into changing their art in some way because it threatens the mainstream or even having other social or political views vs. the herd mainstream is destructive to art, music, culture and human happiness and must be purged ASAP.

link   
And if the headline were reversed and Trump refused to play Village People tunes..

Heads would roll and/or esplode.

edit on 25-2-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The dumbest story i've seen in weeks.

You are referring to the inundation of "ban it" they received, right?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hay its just refreshing that one group of music significance says to go to hell instead of being shamed or whatever. This is a win for anything "conservative" and all good regardless of left or right.

If fact, PM me your PO Box and I will send you a case of Twinkies.
edit on 25-2-2020 by Waterglass because: added

link   
it is accepted as being self-evident............a reply to: Waterglass

it is violently opposed

it is ridiculed

Your claims are preposterous, without merit....... SITE Proof. I suspect you were Never in the service... perhaps never out of your home town....

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

At this point Im thinking the right loves the far-left. They can say, " look at how all the lefties lost their minds". Then left goes, "wow our opinion made the news because right-wing medias blew it ip. Our opinion does matter!".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join