It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marry, Murder, and... Screw that!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Good morning, ATS!

I was thinking that in these perilous times, wherein we are inundated daily with constantly negative news, like of the Nazis and commies hiding under all of our beds, the impending doom of Wu-Flu, the proliferation of nuclear weapons, the latent ability of the human eye to see UFOs even more clearly than the smartest of smart phones (!!!)...

Maybe we need a break? So I was thinking it might be fun to discuss conspiracies, specifically the following three-

What is the conspiracy you most wish were true, and why...?

What is the conspiracy you most wish were false, and why...?

and

What conspiracy do you think is the craziest, and why..?

In particular, I thought this might be a great time to link to your favorite threads on ATS, possibly shining some light on little read/ a bit older threads that were either under appreciated, cray cray, or just good reads!

So here are mine;

Marry (hope is true)

I love the idea that aliens are amongst us, visiting us (hell, sending us FRBs!), or have done so throughout our history- But my favorite? Turns out that I love the idea of Saturn having a moon that's also an Alien space station! Yep, there is so much science fiction (and oddly, a religious cult) that have this theory woven into their fabric that I cannot think of a cooler conspiracy than we are being watched, and that we are simply not that interesting (or are an experiment??).

Murder (hope it isn't true)

I cannot think of much worse than children being victims of sexual assault, so my one conspiracy I hope is not true concerns the world-wide traffic of our young ones. This thread does a great job of talking through the theory as it currently sits, and this thread adds some sad theories regarding beloved historical peoples.

Screw that! (cray-cray theory that even in my most altered state I cannot fathom)

Reptillians, Baby! It doesn't any crazier than thinking the t.v. show "V" is happening as we sit and breathe, even in our distant past!

Of course, there are even people that try to ruin my favorite theories with Reptillians.

So there's that.

Let's make it a fun day, ATS! What have you got for us?

edit on 25/2/2020 by ThouArtGod because: fixing italics. again. le sigh.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

The idea that some kind of enlightenment is coming soon for humanity.
That groups of special people are working to bring truth to us all.

I think why I would want that to be real is obvious.

Deep state . Illuminati.
Because if they are real then humanity is already lost.

Flat earth and cryptozooligy.

We have scanned and videoed just about every piece of this world. Crazy to think the earth is not round given the abundance of evidence, math and science.
Crazy to think with cameras everywhere, satellites, and people spread out and roads everywhere that there are secret man like apes or dinosaurs hidden somewhere.
edit on 25-2-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Okay- great kick off!

First, I agree with the idea of enlightenment, but would settle for amazing tech (as enlightenment might also bring wars).

Second- yeah, if the illuminati are real, does that mean time travel is also real? of being able to see the future? How else could this all be planned out? So many questions!!!

And I hate, HATE, flat earthers. Just not as much as Reptilian believers.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This sounds like fun!

Marry: I love the concept of a race of Bigfoots (Bigfeet?), descended from the original survivors of Atlantis (or some other lost civilization) who live in a vast underground city beneath Mt. Shasta and keep a repository of ancient knowledge and achievements.

As a massive David Bowie fanboy since the age of five or six, I also adore the idea you laid out, re aliens are already here and live among us. Not because I believe Bowie was an actual alien, although you never know.

Murder: Your's is fantastic and I agree whole-heartedly. Ugh. It sickens me to think overmuch of sex traffickers and abusers, let alone a coordinated conspiracy of them.

However, in the interest of mixing things up a bit, I'll go with the global elite and their coordinated depopulation agenda. As an advocate of the exploration and resource gathering program in our own inner solar system (and beyond), I find the notion short-sighted and wasteful. Our solar system is a near-endless resource for humanity (literally, star-lifting material from Sol to gradually reduce its size over the next 500,000 years could mitigate the expiration date on our star and increase the habitability of the solar system by billions (or even trillions) of years and such an engineering effort (while currently out of reach) does not violate any fundamental rules or laws of physics.

Screw that: rabid anti-vaxers who have almost single-handedly resurrected Polio and other purveyors of woo like TV ghost hunters, "psychics," and people who take advantage of the grief of others by pretending they can literally "talk to the dead."

edit on 25-2-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Awesome post!

So I love the idea that Bigfoot (feet?) are only caught on film because they want to be, and that they are just toying with us!
(Also- David Bowie was the best "alien" in the "man who fell to earth", so there's that)

I also hate this idea of "limited" resources. Every human family on earth could get an acre of land in Queensland, and leave the rest of the earth alone, yet people say we are overpopulated. Also, Nuclear reactors could give us near limitless energy with today's tech, while also desalinating enough water to make the location we live in irrelevant. Don't even mention the idea of yanking Asteroids into our orbit for plenty of resources. (and I never heard of shrinking our sun, but that actually makes sense)

Last-I couldn't agree more about the anti-vaxers. I mean, question everything, I agree- but let's not bring back long dead diseases while we do it, amirite?
edit on 25/2/2020 by ThouArtGod because: Added David Bowie reference

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Okay I’ll bite.

Wish to be true:

Atlantis was a real, highly advanced civilization. It’s buried beneath the ice in Antarctica. Almost perfectly intact and preserved. Discovery of this within the decade.

Because I love ancient civilizations. And what’s more juicy that Atlantis in that category.

Wish to not be true:

All doom scenarios. I’m to tired to deal with this crap. Let’s just live a full life and die of old age.

Craziest conspiracy:

I agree with everyone. Flat earth hypothesis is downright retarded.

But for the sake of being creative here we go:

The ruling class on this planet are all human blood drinking, murdering pedos, and have gotten away with it for thousands of years, even when caught. Wait what? This may be the craziest, but it’s actually true!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Okay- I think the idea of an ancient civilization is really cool, but also raises so many questions! (see; feet, big) I just wish it was still active!

I semi-agree with the doom scenarios. I just wish it could be one that was more interesting, lol.

And... wait, WHAT?!?... this is true? I KNEW my bosses were up to no good!
edit on 25/2/2020 by ThouArtGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I have been in love with the notion of a highly advanced Bigfoot since childhood (blame "The Superfriends"). It just feels like a life-affirming idea, especially if we somehow integrated both our cultures. Frankly, the idea that there is/would be another sentient species on our planet (without a lot of competitive ego) would do wonders for our human perspective and (help) psychologically evolve our species beyond tribalism and nihilism, IMO.

Your mention of asteroid mining really got me thinking too. Not only are they rich with the kinds of useful wealth necessary for powering a long-lived technological civilization, but they also represent less material than the whole of the moon. That means a tech that "got gud" at capturing asteroids and stripping them to their raw materials would by necessity make our world safe(r) from extinction-level events involving rocks and ices from the heavens. That there is -- by itself -- the mark of a true type 1.5 civilization IMO (and I always recommend punching "through" your target for penetration and force).

Aim higher, further to fall and a LOT more time to learn to glide on your way back down.
edit on 25-2-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Where the hell do all my odd socks go?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

They say that mining the asteroids would destroy the economy. I argue that it would jump start robotics and interstellar travel. in the end, I believe that it is within reach of science, and would really boost our quality of life here on earth!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Where the hell do all my odd socks go?

Your odd socks hang out with goth friends and act all sad about everything.

Your missing socks, however, are the result of odd socks spending too much time alone with their friends, and then getting bad ideas....

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

From your lips to the maker's ears. Frankly, the shot-in-the-arm in engineering alone would transform the way we do business here on earth, especially environmentally, and create much-needed parity between our functional engineering philosophy and rapidly growing information technology/Ai.

That alone is worth trillions in future dividends IMO.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Well- Beyond the trillions, I believe it is what will carry us from where we are as a species, to where we could be. We will never get rid of racial, religious (etc.) bigotry, but it might eliminate economic disparity through either surplus resources, or the elimination of any monetary standard. I'm pro-work, etc., but I think that if things were to such a certain level, we might have robotics replace almost all labor.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I have recently read a book titled ''Fantasyland'' How America Went Haywire'' by Kurt Anderson

In this book he lays out a five hundred year history of fantasy thinking from the days when Europeans came to this hemisphere to fulfill their fantasies of religious kingdoms and pursuits of gold all based on rumor and promises.

He goes on to detail the fantasy thinking of many of the founders and the various religions that have kept popping up and filling the minds of Americans with fantasy hopes of God's kingdom.

He goes on to the hippies of the 60s and the greening of America in the 70s being built on the blurring line between reality and fictional wishes.

He goes on to observe our present day culture of pop hopes and dreams all based on fraudulent histories and on into how so many of us have been duped by Trump, though it could have been and easily could have been any number of wannabe kings who have stepped in and promised to fulfill those dreams and fantasies for those who want to believe in them

This is the conspiracy I wish were not true.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Crop Circles are created by an alien race as messages to humanity. Well if it were messages or some type of communication its just a much more romantic idea that the aliens could be "friendly" and sending messages in a way that seems non threatening. Plus the crop circles are beautiful patterns and there are claims they create interesting fields of energy, maybe some type of energy fields we've yet discovered how to tap into.

Alien Abductions for creating hybrid alien/human races. Well it implies the aliens are very super advanced beyond us and are aware of human & alien extinction so they have been preparing for a long time via a hybridization program. Or it implies they needed humans to sustain their own race hence the hybridization. It is super scary if real b/c we are powerless to stop it. We are the lab rats in this scenario. Abductees who claim to of gone through this abduction scenario also claim to have met hybrid children whom they know they are the parent. The trauma associated with knowing the child is yours but you are unable to raise the child or see the child unless you are abducted and shown the child periodically as some claim has happened.

Phantom Time Hypothesis, that the period of time from 614 to 911 were faked. Well that would be the largest amount of missing time on record if so and that would be kinda crazy... Like what would the purpose of been ? Some sort of reset / jump forward of our calendar time and why...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

You GOTTA tel me more about this phantom time hypothesis!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

^^ What he said ^^

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

from wiki:
"The phantom time hypothesis is a historical conspiracy theory asserted by Heribert Illig. First published in 1991, it hypothesizes a conspiracy by the Holy Roman Emperor Otto III, Pope Sylvester II, and possibly the Byzantine Emperor Constantine VII, to fabricate the Anno Domini dating system retrospectively, in order to place them at the special year of AD 1000, and to rewrite history[1] to legitimize Otto's claim to the Holy Roman Empire. Illig believed that this was achieved through the alteration, misrepresentation and forgery of documentary and physical evidence.[2] According to this scenario, the entire Carolingian period, including the figure of Charlemagne, is a fabrication, with a "phantom time" of 297 years (AD 614–911) added to the Early Middle Ages."

The following things fueled this conspiracy... There seems to be very little archaeological findings as evidence to support the time period as well as Roman architecture being around in the 10th century which makes one think its not been around that long. Discrepancies and the relation between the Gregorian, Julian calendar and the astral/tropical solar year.

All though there are also findings that debunks the conspiracy proving time went on and stuff happened during the 297 years... but I believe it is possible in the sense that there could of been a decision to just jump forward with the time representation. I don't know what benefit or purpose this would serve to do such a weird crazy thing...

This one makes me think about the Mandela effect which deals with a large group of people thinking an event happened when it didn't [or did it ! ?].

leolady

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Okay... So, mind BLOWN!!

I just read up on the theory, and although I would argue against the premise (due to the inconsistencies with the historical records of the Chinese and Persians) I won't say that the arguments against are water tight, either. Thank you for sharing something that I definitely didn't know about- actually one of the cooler things I've read in about 15 years on this site!

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
wish are real Earth is flat But also hollow and Doctor who PROVES both defintly being flat and hollow at the same time through quantum entanglement and dark matter .
Sound sciency enough ?
lol
as for wish were not true i Dont believe in conspiracy anyway as no one worse at keeping secrets then Governments .
so wile many of the horror story's are probably true its not a conspiracy its just sick people doing sick things and really not hiding it well .
Conspericys Imply our Government people are SMART enough to Plan things and make them work right .
Now if there is any true conspiracy its a conspiracy of stupidy .
They sure have you fooled the same morons who cant balance a budget you believe are smart enough to hid the fact lol

<<   2 >>

join