It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic preparedness recommended by CDC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
CDC link

We thought about and appreciated CDC guidance way back in 2009 with the swine flu pandemic.

Heres a random unplanned discussion of how to approach the contemporary c19 situation.

Each course of action will suit the individual , depending where they live , who their significant others are etc. But certain courses of action are common approaches. We all to eat and drink of course , and another need is to deficate regularly, dispose of rubbish too. We LL want to stay clean.

Each day as this develops calculate and recalculate what risks you might encounter.
The first thing to face is the vius itself , educate yourself. Ncbi research crttainly points to herbal antiviral compounds , HIV treatment in use is made from a plant sometimes maybe called wormwood but actually called artemesia annua is the plant contain artemesinin. Sweet basil also had an effect on SARS infections..
And so consider what symptoms people may face and treat accordly , I'd give them a full range of herbal antiviral like raw garlic too , ginger , whatever you can get. This is important don't forget that things like wipes cleaning fluids basic hospital kit runs out and so does washing powder . Masks may be hard to get but you want fp3s from a hardware store, but calculate what you spend in those against other things you'll probably want. Like good boxes for organising storing removing hiding or keeping clean supplies. Recycle or reinvent the the way you use things in order of importance .

Secondly , factor in the likely scenarios you're already seeing in the far East. Lockdowns mean staying at home , rationing of provisions , grocery prices increase and shortages.
With a pandemic factor in the potential for extreme circumstances according to how the news develops. Plan ahead for certain events , perhaps going into continual preparations or buying of further stock against the risks. These circumstances may include temporal rioting, exodus, looting and marauders,harshly enforced martial law, mass quarantine, self isolation and barricading of town sand villages, widespread panic leading to starvation and fighting , loose weapons use or gang collections of remaining resources . Harden an attitude and a plan for problematic scenarios . Be prepared to move or hide, keep a radio or any Comms if possible.

Bringing it back to the less probable side , then remember local community plans including growing food , and factor in a long term point of view at all times. What's useful when there's no system to provide it are things like crop seeds and tools easy livestock like goats for milk and chickens. If can put these hidden somewhere and eventually breed them that's what you need to do . You won't live trying to scratch a living from the natural environment , and that said you won't live if you can't cut wood for fuel or light it.

Kit wise what are the most important things that apply to all situations ? The things you don't loose sight of during any emergency , what are the things you'll definitely want ? One of those is clothes, good ones. If power is out water is off heating is gone, your best friend is now a wooly hat. Get two or three for everyone and likewise for sleeping in. If you're cold put 3 coats on etc. Have them clean , prepared in other words and keep them so whenever possible.

In jungle survival , military style , the two things that no soldier can go in or come out without are 1 parang and 2 bag of salt . Obviously other kit like a mossy net can be very handy. A soldier's kit IU s always long term items of priority importance , peruse what might be in his bug out bags and select.

The scenario may be that you need to move instead of stay put. That makes things potentially problematic , that's why some spare fuel or even a bicycle might be handy , and if you need to move longer term , you're now burdened with decisions on what to take . Always factor the potential need to move, and remember staying put is a long term aim or short term , do have lists for both or pack ready some of your most essentials. A soldier's bivvy bag for very short term packing and unknown destination is indispensible if unpacked and suddenly compromised : open large sack , chuck in and relocate immediately . The same item , perhaps applied to a communal shelter eg sports enter floor for several weeks or similar potential requirement for long term survival is still as useful or in any circumstance especially if it's waterproof, and as long as it's in your hands. . A duvet cover is the same thing essentially but adapt to survive obviously.

If there was a long term lockdown which decended into mass mortality or system and governance collapsing , which is unlikely , then your left with who survives. Beyond that it's to be expected that resources may be less scarce as long as your brave enough to take advantage of them . Be prepared with caution for exploring any benefits and keep morale up , at that stage you'd be within your rights to put down any ATP and there would be jumpiness in encounters between survivors , but plan to counter that in peaceful way . Don't attract attention at any time during s pandemic especially with the unprepped. Hide stored resources and the fact you're buying them , do not tell anyone the extent of your plan , you're the planner not them. Ration resources in this manner even locally with family.

Some things you can't do without and one of them is water and there filters which will turn muddy pond or drainwater into potable water by squeezing the bottle. These are expensive but could be considered number 1 priority, long term , not short term .

You are able to harvest natural resources and how to do this is part of prepping. Tarpaulin , a good example of multipurpose kit , collects rain , but prioritise buying what you haven't got against what be able to get later , according to your needs your locale your significant others and ongoing circumstances. Good strong dustbins and wheelie bins especially are multi useful , think in this manner.
Store water of make provision for suitable quantity collections, a bucket has a great list of uses other than collecting water.

Bringing things back to medium term , you might just have to stay in house for a while and have some time off work. Keep your morale up and have something to do while you wait , improve your home and your / a plan while your there.
The foods to have for say 3 months might include
Rice , in case of longterm, not pasta it's too light and accepts moisture. Get a lot of salt it's both necessary an multi use.
Oil , milk powder , tinned meat - calorie dense . Vitamins , oats - can be made with water , dried fruit nuts chocolate not crisps flatbread keeps medium term tinned fish . Longer term think dried egg ground rice and importantly sprouting seeds eg alfalfa lentils beans etc. Coverall meals are good eg beans and sausage tins of fray bentos pies . Get inventive but stick to useful high value dense eg honey brown sugars coconut oil jars of olives etc.

Don't forget also the amount of toilet roll and chemicals you might want for 3 or so months. Overlook nothing you use day to day, but take examples from them and increase stocks if you can afford preserve if not. And salt which replaces eg soap toothpaste antiseptic washing up liquid etc if you run out.

Lastly , can't go on forever ..
edit on Tue Feb 25 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Lastly , get some morale. Stock up your recreationals in advance or the means to produce . Something to look after and enjoy slowly like s massive bottle of whiskey or two , fruit juice , the stuff of life , whatever your poison . Again , keep it real , vodka s probably the best bet as you can clean wounds teeth face hands with it as well as prep yourself or your friends up from time to time.

And the very last thing , about prepping , is that it's up to you to do it . Don't ask for anyone's help or approval , don't even tell them your doing it. The last you need is to waste time arguing with people who refuse to take stock of reality . If they regularly don't they're not going to start now. Go about it quickly and quietly , and don't stop until you think you're ready, and they're ready , if your plan is to provide anyone. So you need to consider their likely needs for them , if that involves diapers or medicines or dogfood , whatever it is , expand your and their immediately on hand resources.

edit on 25-2-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

There's lots that could have added eg making a list of consumables stocked or outstanding and making an inventory of gathered equipment noting outstanding requirements.
Use list s to manage reorganise ration prioritise and make fast recovery of notable missing necessary items.

edit on 25-2-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Dont forget bagged lime. Inevitably, someone will have not prepared for themselves and will want to take your family's supplies.

Death happens in these situations, and the bodies laying around rotting and festering is no good.

To many animals are carrion eaters, if no-one takes steps for the secondary disease vectors to be blocked, there will be a continual loop of regional infections.

It's dark and morbid thoughts, but seriously -

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Here in the states, people have become mostly incapable of actually surviving if they have to , due to supply chain disruptions.
They will become panicked and desperate , and it will get ugly.

Human nature at its worst on full display.

Normally I would try to spend time pointing out helpful things that are positive to try to help, but my body hurts like hell this morning so I'm a little more savage than usual.

edit on 25-2-2020 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm down in the British Channel Islands, there's between 106,000 and -110,000 people on an island measuring only 5x9 miles, it could be a bumpy ride for us, supply wise.

I've been speaking to my dad for the first time in a long time, he's a survivalist and prepper.

We discussed bugging my family out and going to him in he UK, but the extra travel could put us at further risk, and I don't know his boltholes or the areas around them, I also don't know who, if anyone else he'd be bringing along.

We're staying put for now, we're working on our supplies as best we can, and I'm ready to put this place on lockdown at a moments notice.

At least here I have a network of people around me if need be, I know the area like the back of my hand, and I know where to hunt, forage and fish, if necessary.

My main concern is the two nuke plants on the French coast about 20 miles north of us, fingers crossed it doesn't go completely tits-up, lest they be left unmanned and unchecked.

Pro-tip for anyone struggling to get family members to take the threat seriously;

If you've tried telling them and they just laugh and shrug it off, just let videos of experts discussing the situation play in the background at volume and walk away.

My Missus just four days ago was telling me to basically shut up about it, now she's a prepper.

If they won't listen to you, they might just listen to doctors and scientists.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Pandemic preparedness recommended by CDC

Yes ,
Just
Every
Single
Time
Before

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

I work at home get paid direct to a card and can pay all my bills and order all food online. No reason for me to ever see another human.

I can disinfect my groceries before I bring them inside.

I have always had 6 months of food and water stored in my home.

See you guys on the other side.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The wormwood will get you through they already know if we bait It with iron and sugar we can kill the Pleomorphic Bacteria people mistakenly call cancer---cancer is a made up fictional weaponised word---- ...its an anti-parasitic and an anti-viral and an anti-fungal...Oregano oil or MJ oil will do the same.Take all 3 if you want to its just food based protection.

Just being a bit stronger than normal will be enough .

edit on 25-2-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

While I agree with the OP that we should be prepared, as quite frankly a solar event could really kill things around the world, and they are giving good advice- I also agree with you that we are always being told such things. I think it helps validate the existence of some jobs, quite frankly.

Yet.... something is odd about the lack of truth coming from China.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Good points . Is the lime is to sweeten the rotting process ? Worth mentioning then wheelbarrow , body bags or XL bin bags and tape , digging equipment , petrol , kerosene diesel chainsaw parrafin , oil.

Also if water off plastic bags X 101 for solids wastes , urine vessels , shovel fork pickaxe .

Didn't mention off grid gas tanks and cannisters , suitable burner heads .

Also refs to advance techniques / know-how eg backup upon backup upon backup.

It's worth looking at the potential result of unprepped panic as it's forecast to widespread . Policy might realistically be temporal avoidance of anyone especially groups for about 3 weeks while they initially tear their hair out about it (hopefully at home), and then further avoidance as they either fail to survive or take random or loosely planned action like marauding . Careful concealed Placement of valuable supplies equipment and persons during such a stage in societal affairs should likely take high priority eg attics basements trees dugouts remote locations .

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
A pandemic crisis, one where important institutions like hospitals and utilities are overwhelmed or non-functional and the supply chain is disrupted, is a complex one to prepare for. Everyone's personal situation is different so prepping is an individual consideration.

With this particular virus, people can be contagious for as little as a couple of weeks to being able to continue to infect long after recovery. There could be wave after wave with no end in sight, so preps for a month, a reasonable amount for most electricity outages, seems like it won't be enough for this one. Even with a years supply of food, water, medicine, daily supplies, you will run out (probably a lot sooner than you expect).

You will have to adapt to the situation as it develops, but bugging in seems like the best option. Bugging out is an extreme risk under the best conditions, that is only an option if you have a solid plan and practice it in all weather conditions on a regular basis.

You might consider a rule of three I use in my prep plans.

Plan 1: Bug out with 3 days of supplies in a pack you can hike out with.

Plan 2: Bug out with 3 weeks of supplies in totes you can put in your vehicle along with a full tank's worth of gas.

Plan 3: Bug in with 3 months of supplies.

If you could pull off all three plans, they can work together. You have each kit complement the other and have the plan 3 supplies well hidden and accessible later if you need to bug out for a short time.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I noticed 'quarantine zone warning' signs have become popular items for sale. I imagine a couple of those signs placed about your shelter area would dissuade most rioters or looters from rushing in, especially during a pandemic.

At least at first, desperation eventually will override even most others logic. Yet, may still be helpful. What do you think? Or would the authorities give you trouble thus not make it a worthy option?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Makes good sense and keeps it simple . Initial locale is going to count for a lot of adjustment to basic plans , there s not many pros to being citybound though . Getting locked down to a bad spot could be awful . But you're right bring in is way better than out especislly if you're happy no parasites can enter.

Either way as we all know as well , fail to prepare , prepare to fail. They should have taught useful knowledge at schools , like which way up to hold a shovel

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I noticed 'quarantine zone warning' signs have become popular items for sale. I imagine a couple of those signs placed about your shelter area would dissuade most rioters or looters from rushing in, especially during a pandemic.

At least at first, desperation eventually will override even most others logic. Yet, may still be helpful. What do you think? Or would the authorities give you trouble thus not make it a worthy option?

Get scarier than that. Board up the windows and doors, spay paint skull and bones and other warnings in red, let the weeds grow tall and make it look abandoned.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

If it's worth a shot , take it. You might findturning up in some fluro and a hazmat suit sends ppl running esp in groups.

Or taping off the driveway with hazard tape or similar might get em to f off lol

Seriously though , martial law

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Hey DoctorBluechip: Lime aids in the decomposition process by increasing PH levels, speeding things up, and also works to kill some parasites and bugs.
excellent advice, btw, and thanks for it.
stay safe,
tetra

top topics

join