It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article claims Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
So two-years ahead of time, Trump was planning on a Chinese pandemic to hit the shores of America.

God damn, I knew it! That bastard!

No but his short sightedness coupled with his own personal outbreak of Obamarevengercitis played useful in the event of any future pandemics.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I've done my job

Yes you have my friend, and well done, greed over need is what it's all about, the lemmings will all praise Trump on their way to a FEMA camp to be buried, because they certainly can't take an assault rifle to it.
edit on 28-2-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Your racism is clouding your ability to discern facts from reality.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Your racism is clouding your ability to discern facts from reality.

What are u on about, when did race enter the conversation??... Is it my avatar profile pic?!!...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Hm, these posts show where the federal government has authorized contracts totaling well over 3 million dollars for expenditures related to the coronavirus:

post 1
post 2
post 3
post 4

The last one listed above, is a single contract for over $2.5 million for the following:

Description of Requirement
EMERGENCY RESPONSE SUPPORT SERVICES, (ERSS) FOR LAUNDRY, CUSTODIAL, MEALS AND TRASH SERVICE, ETC., AT BLDG 28, CENTER FOR DOMESTIC PREPAREDNESS (CDP) ANNISTON, AL 36205, IN SUPPORT OF THE CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY RESPONSE.

It would seem to me that the issue is being addressed. How effectively certainly could be questioned, but to say that there is no response or that the response has been hamstrung is erroneous.

Regarding the 5.5 million mentioned above:

In 2019 Congress authorized a 100 million dollar slush fund for pandemic response, authorized by Trump. That slush fund was intended to be used for immediate response activities while the government set about creating a true task force and response team/agency. The fund has been used so far as mentioned above and has included the shuttling of potentially infected Americans back home and housing them in quarantine.

Beats having a bunch of desk jockeys sitting at desks twirling pencils in their hands.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Your history of posting here on ATS.

You're a bigoted racist and hate President Trump because he's white, nothing he could ever do will please you. You ignore reality and cling to the BS media talking points so you can feel better about living in your little racist bubble.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

No but his short sightedness coupled with his own personal outbreak of Obamarevengercitis played useful in the event of any future pandemics.

Shortsightedness... really? So he should have known this outbreak was going to happen before it happened? Did you know this, or is future-sight simply a requirement you place on others? Why didn't you tell us all that a virus was going to break out in China last year? I really wish you wouldn't withhold critical information like that. I might also mention that Trump implemented controls on travel from China 4 weeks ago, while you are just now getting your talking points.

Obamarevengercitis? Are you still believing Trump cut anything pertaining to pandemic alertness? If so, I suggest you read what actually happened before you make yourself look even more the fool.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
No no no!! ...no can predicted that, but the response to it an infrastructure in place is why the CDC exist... Look if some one defunded post 911 security measures, whether we have an impending threat in the future or not would that be acceptable??

edit on 28-2-2020 by Spider879 because: Victim of auto correct.

edit on 28-2-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Your history of posting here on ATS.

You're a bigoted racist and hate President Trump because he's white, nothing he could ever do will please you. You ignore reality and cling to the BS media talking points so you can feel better about living in your little racist bubble.

I dislike Hillary and Ben Carson also does that make me racist or sexist???... C'mon man I dislike Trump because of his politics not because he is orange..

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

My point is, nothing was cut. The CDC still exists in just as much a capacity as before and has already mobilized to combat the coronavirus. There was a re-organization and rework of the re-authorization last year, but that happened in the Senate; nothing to do with Trump. So far, the US response has been pretty good so far as I can see. We have no epidemic nor pandemic in the US and while we are seeing a slow spread, it is slow and is not proving fatal here.

At the same time, researchers are working on a vaccination. It normally takes the better part of a year to develop a flu shot, as those are based on expected mutations from previous years. This is new, so no one has a vaccination or even a good idea of how to treat it yet. No one could, especially since China withheld information in the early stages.

There are only two reasonable possibilities here: if someone believes the coronavirus is a serious, life-changing threat, it follows that politics is the least of their concerns. If someone thinks it is not a serious threat (as I do at this time), then it follows that there is really nothing to blame Trump for. Neither scenario implicates anyone in government in any way.

There is a third possibility that I consider completely unreasonable, and that is the possibility that someone only wants to politicize this virus. In that case, that someone is completely heartless, reckless, and irresponsible to the extreme.

Which category do you fall into?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes I considered the possibility that Trump is thoughtless and vindictive because he hates anything that have Obama's signature on it.

HEALTH CORONAVIRUS

Trump administration budget cuts could become a major problem as coronavirus spreads

Several global health units of the U.S. government have faced budget crises—or shut down completely.

BY 

CHRIS MORRIS

February 26, 2020 12:45 PM EST

The Trump administration recently requested $2.5 billion in emergency funds to prepare the U.S. for a possible widespread outbreak of coronavirus. Critics, though, are pointing out that money might not be necessary if the administration hadn’t spent the past two years largely dismantling government units that were designed to protect against pandemics.

fortune.com...

Note I have said multiple times in multiple threads , I stopped being an Obama supporter in the middle of his first term.

edit on 28-2-2020 by Spider879 because: Rusty

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
So this happened on March 12...

False Claim About CDC’s Global Anti-Pandemic Work

As the COVID-19 disease caused by the new coronavirus has spread around the world, a number of politicians, news organizations and public figures have made the false claim that the Trump administration cut the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s anti-pandemic work in over 40 countries to just 10. The CDC told us that’s not true.

The claim appears to have been based solely on outdated news reports from early 2018 that said the CDC was preparing to dramatically reduce its work helping to prevent infectious-disease epidemics. Those reports said much of that work on the Global Health Security Agenda, a pact between over 60 nations that began in 2014, had been funded by a five-year, nearly $600 million supplemental package that was dwindling. That one-time funding, which Congress originally appropriated in response to the Ebola epidemic in West Africa in 2014, ran out at the end of September 2019.

The director of the CDC’s Center for Global Health did say at the time that, without additional funding, its Division of Global Health Protection “will have to scale its global health security portfolio to focus efforts based on existing resources,” as the Wall Street Journal first reported in January 2018. If that happened, the official said the CDC would shift its focus to just 10 “priority countries” and “plan for the completion of its country-based programs” in 39 other nations, the Journal’s story said.

Those hypothetical cuts were avoided, however, because Congress later provided more funding for the CDC’s global health programs, the CDC told us in a statement.

And there is much more on the link above.

So if I read this correctly, funding wasn't actually cut but rather according to the CDC, increased? Hm.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

are these the same 'experts' that said he colluded with Russia? And Ukraine?

The program that was shutdown but a USAID group that tracked and researched diseases. 200 million they spent on research since 05. The rest of the program was absorbed into other US agencies.

So no, nothing was removed that would allow this unless the Predict group would have had the virus but it came from bat soup....right?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Isn’t that the same kind of stuff Obama has been getting blamed for?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join