It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaires and Bernie

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If he is elected it will have no impact on billionaires. For one, his plan still has to go through Congress and that Congress is fed by billionaires. Even if they do pass something the billionaires will have 2-3 years reaction time to move their operation, money and even themselves from the scene. And they may not even have to do that once they lobby to change tax laws to protect their money which they already have perfected.

I know it sounds great to a lot of people but this is NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. Bernie is not taking money from billionaires to fuel his nirvana so everyone can eat, wipe and just exist without any stress whatsoever ever again.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Bernie is not taking money from billionaires

Putin is not a billionaire?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Yeah...my concern with a Bernie presidency, isnt how billionaires faire.

My concern is our loss of freedom and wrapping a billion pound weight of debt around the neck of the USA

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

Bernie is not taking money from billionaires

Putin is not a billionaire?

Putin is the richest man on the planet....

fortune.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

When democrats are promising free stuff and demonizing rich people it's just a sign that it's election season.

Promises promises.....

He can say anything but he will not have the ability to get it done.

One thing I can promise though... And I can get it done.... I will be dumping stocks like hot potatoes if bernie wins the election....

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If he is elected it will have no impact on billionaires. For one, his plan still has to go through Congress and that Congress is fed by billionaires. Even if they do pass something the billionaires will have 2-3 years reaction time to move their operation, money and even themselves from the scene. And they may not even have to do that once they lobby to change tax laws to protect their money which they already have perfected.

I know it sounds great to a lot of people but this is NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. Bernie is not taking money from billionaires to fuel his nirvana so everyone can eat, wipe and just exist without any stress whatsoever ever again.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN

So to be clear, our government is corrupted so why even try to make it better.

Got it.

What a wonderful attitude. What’s the use of trying?

Just give up.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Liquidate all of your stock positions if it looks like Bernie Sanders is going to be the Democrat nominee. And then buy them all back at rock bottom prices just before President Trump is re-elected.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

When democrats are promising free stuff and demonizing rich people it's just a sign that it's election season.

Promises promises.....

One thing I can promise though... And I can get it done.... I will be dumping stocks like hot potatoes if bernie wins the election....

If you really have money tied up in the stock market you should have done that around a year ago.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I have a different take.

Bernie is not liked by democrats or Republicans so I don't think he will get many of his agendas accomplished.

To be honest the dems are lost right now and four years from now the Republicans will be in the same shape.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

10% flat tax, and the penny plan to pay off debt. There's the fix and nobody has to get yelled at and spit on by a guy who has never held a real job, or been kicked off a commune for not pullin his weight.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

What are you, a communist?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Bernie is not liked by democrats or Republicans so I don't think he will get many of his agendas accomplished.

So it’s not even worth trying..

That seems to be the current thought process around here.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Promises promises.....

If you really have money tied up in the stock market you should have done that around a year ago.

I made over 30% last year.
That was a December to December statement.

I will have a big sellout in December 2020 if bernie wins.

link   

he wants to bypass congress with excutive orders as he dosent think the dems or the republicans will pass anything he actually wants

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So it’s not even worth trying..

That seems to be the current thought process around here.

I prefer to bet on the horse I think can win the race.
That doesn't mean not trying.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Promises promises.....

Bzzzzzzz - wrong answer.

Gold & Silver just called, they want Coronavirus to stay.

In the last 48 hours, both are at 7-years highs, thanks to market volatility.

I told you (ATS) 12 months ago to purchase Silver - did anyone listen?

Gold and Silver - pwning humans since before the Egyptians.

LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

My concern is our loss of freedom and wrapping a billion pound weight of debt around the neck of the USA

Billion?

How about Trump's trillion pound annual deficit?

No self-respecting fiscal conservative can honestly support either Sanders or Trump.
edit on 2/24/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

NOT GONNA HAPPEN

So to be clear, our government is corrupted so why even try to make it better.

Got it.

What a wonderful attitude. What’s the use of trying?

Just give up.

Yes. The plan of taking money from billionaires is a dead end. It's not going to happen. You are certainly welcomed to try but your chances of making a full court shot blind folded have a much better chance. Even lowly millionaires can dance around Bernie's schemes.

I don't think you fully comprehend what people will do to protect their money. They would burn the whole building down, collect the insurance and rebuild it somewhere else. They won't be getting defeated by Bernie I know that much.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You're right, he will never touch their money. The only money he will be touching is average citizens through taxation. I love how they say free healthcare, free college, etc. yet when you look at the details everyone over 29K/year gets taxed to pay for it. So basically, if he wins I'm quitting my job and living off anyone that wants to work for peanuts and be my slave if he manages to push through any of that legislation. I mean hell, what's the point in working when his plan to tax WallStreet will kill off any retirements we have built up anyways.
edit on 24-2-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

NOT GONNA HAPPEN

So to be clear, our government is corrupted so why even try to make it better. Got it. What a wonderful attitude. What’s the use of trying? Just give up.

I think you completely misunderstand OP's position here. The issue is that we don't want what Bernie is selling, and you do (more or less.) I don't want to live in Bernie's Word, and you're looking forward to it. Like OP, I'm hoping it doesn't happen. I not only trust it will not, I'll do everything in my limited power to ensure that it does not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join