It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kobe Brayant! Why You Take All the Airwaves?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnarley

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Yeah, honestly - Who really cares and why?

A lot of people care.

Just because you don't, doesn't mean many others don't.

But.. why?

The extent of his charity work, for starters.

A lot of people looked up to him for the good he did.

10 Times Kobe Bryant Was A Star Off Of The Court
edit on 24-2-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Didn't he sexually assault some woman?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Because for some reason the world pretends to give a damn about famous people.

Several others died in that helicopter but they are mostly forgotten because they couldn't dribble a ball on a professional level.

That fast and furious actor died in a car wreck but nobody remembers the other guy in the car that died.

Had kobe freed the slaves or cured cancer I would understand the praise but as it stands.... Meh...

Perfect example here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not much tv coverage...

Not to mention, everyone else on that chopper hadn't gotten charged with rape. Only the guilty have fame in this country.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

He was accused...
The woman refused to testify so the case was dropped.

I refuse to condemn The man without proof.
There have been to many false accusations...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

That's a fair call.

I'd never really heard of him before seeing him thrice on the news here just this morning.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wait - they charged admission for his memorial service??? WTF???

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Wait - they charged admission for his memorial service??? WTF???

Yeah, for charity.

CBS
edit on 24-2-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Oh, ok.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Because their Illuminati slave masters told them so... Know you know who the devil dick lickers are..a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
All I hear is wahh wahhhh wahhhhhh

Did the 'media kick down your door, put a gun to your head and make you watch TV?

Go for a run or read a damn book or something...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
All I hear is wahh wahhhh wahhhhhh

Did the 'media kick down your door, put a gun to your head and make you watch TV?

Go for a run or read a damn book or something...

Implying we can read... you heartless beast, you. Rub it in more why don't you. Why not tell us to write a book, even.

Scoundrel.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Very simple answer: low cost to produce (no actors, just a news anchor, film & production crew), and they figured the ratings would be better than whatever "judge" show or "who's the baby daddy" show they otherwise would have had on at the time.

I don't think many people watch live tv anymore except for sports, and people who still watch television news, so even the tiniest ratings blip would probably be a multiplier compared to what they were otherwise sitting on in that time slot.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Well, it preempted The View, and I missed Megan McCain complain about Democrats and Sunny Holston give her opinion of the Roger Stone case.

Guess I'll have to catch up with HULU.

edit on 25-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnarley
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

I think the point is, some people do watch the telly, I'm watching it even now and I'm not even in the US, and yet we just had an item on the news about this Kobe situation. I don't even know what it is. Is it something deadly, like the Coronavirus? Is it contagious?

If only I'd had taken more notice..

People now a days are watching telly, just for the sake of watching telly... I dont want to watch Kobe news 24/7 either, but that is what attracts viewers apparently.
The real problem is that people refuse to turn of the telly, they just change the channel and find something that they CAN watch, rarely something they really WANT to watch, cause lets face it, most of the stuff they show in the telly is just CRAP!!
Whos fault is it? The people who watch it anyways....?

If you guys really wanted some good television to look at, you would turn the telly off when there isnt anything good to look at, but most people dont... They rather watch whatever hurts the least to watch, than turn it off. Why should the networks make better telly for you? You´ll watch anyway, right?

If you just turned it off once in a while, they would be forced to produce quality tv to lure you back, right?

So go ahead and watch all the telly you want, but if you arent prepared to turn it off whenever they are running crappy programs, you shouldnt complain - the solution is right in front of you!!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

It's not just you.

They've covered the story extensively over here too in the UK. Which is worse cos nobody really knows who he is - just some African American famous in a sport that no one really follows over here. Could it be cos he's black?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join