It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wearable negative ION devices are radioactive - scary stuff...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I almost bought something like this a while ago, but now, after seeing this, I shall refrain, and thought it might be a good idea to share this video.

Most of these wearable negative ion devices contain thorium, and.. well, we all need more of that in our daily jaunts between life and death... and if they're not radioactive, then they're just purty expensive rubbish...

(If this is the wrong forum, please move, I can't think of anywhere better to put it though.)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnarley

Is there anything that protects from emf radiation exposure? I almost bought something like this too.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You know, good ol moving water, IE waterfall, fountain, ocean tide....negative ions o'plenty

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Just wait until 5G is in full swing..
We gonna get radiated like never before.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Just wait until 5G is in full swing..
We gonna get radiated like never before.

5G is not radioactive radiation. LMAO

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
My thorium impregnated negative ion condom is working like a charm. I don't have any kids yet, it seems to be 100% effective for both me and my partners. It even glows in the dark which makes it even more entertaining.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The funny part of this, is that, this guy did a proper experiment with equipment made for the task. Something which is rarely cited in these parts of the internet and a few members who regularly post on this section apparently claiming to know that all science we know is wrong... would actually learn a lot from watching just the section where he describes the instrumentation.

The rate of radiation he is observing from these objects are actually not super terrible. The line about "Alphas being stopped by paper is a lie" is misleading, since most are indeed stopped by something as thin as that. The issue is that the Alphas produced by the Uranium and Thorium chain are pretty high energy and will have a good amount of penetration, as also observed about the electrons.

he points out correctly that the main issue is the fact that the thorium is basically dust. Id hazard a guess that it is actually rock dust or slag dust from a refinery more than it being that anyone went out an ordered pure thorium dust.

Largely the radiation will be stopped in the surface and fat layers of the skin, the risk would be extra chance of skin cancer at the point you are wearing it. Id file this under the same idiocy as radioactive blankets etc.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So the gist is pseudoscientific gadgets may be harmful for you?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Negative ions are around streams and lakes, they are present when walking in the forest on a trail, they can be channeled through mountains.

Why the hell would anyone want to buy a Thorium bracelet.

Walking barefoot on the beach or fishing for brookies in a stream is a much better way of getting your negative ions. You can even get negative ions from standing around a campfire. Ions are pulled towards the fire, they go right through you on the way to the fire. Kind of makes your back cold, but your front seems real warm.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have one of them! and Yes it IS radioactive!
i get a back ground radioactive of about 1 CPS/count per second.
the thing! is about 7 CPS that is very low!
you would have to wear it all the time for year to do harm.

if you like radioactive things,
get some thorium welding rods from chins.
cheap to ! 20 rods give about 21 CPS

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha

I have some radium 226 in my flourescent paint kit I got from my stepfather, just paint a little on your watch.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
My thorium impregnated negative ion condom is working like a charm. I don't have any kids yet, it seems to be 100% effective for both me and my partners. It even glows in the dark which makes it even more entertaining.

Yeah, but it still glows in the dark after you've taken it... Oh you mean the condom... Ohhhh...

If you swing it around, does it blur into a circle?

I found it pretty scary that these things are sold willy nilly and no one is really aware just how dangerous it is. If it had not been for this knowledge, I would have likely still purchased one of these...

As someone else said, a good ol' waterfall would suffice.. but they're so damn hard to wear around your neck...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So the gist is pseudoscientific gadgets may be harmful for you?

No wai... now that I know my salt lamp is harmless, I'm buying a garage full of 'em.

I know I shouldn't lick 'em, but they're so salty.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

THe simple reason is, reasons... people are going to buy these, develop skin cancer and then never know how nor why.. they're sold all over amazon and ebay etc.. I almost got one from kogan. I know you even have negative ions when it rains, but people are going to buy anything if it's sold as something new agey or different.

It's not that people wouldn't buy them because they can obtain the effect naturally, it's that, it's new age man, like.. heavy... just.. heavy elements, man..

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha

That was the point of the video. With small handling, they are not a worry.. But people DO wear these things 24/7 365 a year. And they often are sold in packs of 3, 2 bracelets and a necklace... so 3 times that, plus if you are getting small doses of radiation, and you've over the acceptable limits of a safe dose of... my god how can I even contemplate a safe dose of radiation..

I know we are irradiated all the time, but without knowing it to add even more, is' something I'd think a lot of people shold be aware of. It's like having a health supplement that contains cyanide. And if you're like me and enjoy eating seeds of stone fruit, well...

I must just be paranoid.. wear them, wear your secretive nuclear devices, you fools !!!! 11

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnarley

THe simple reason is, reasons... people are going to buy these, develop skin cancer and then never know how nor why.. they're sold all over amazon and ebay etc.. I almost got one from kogan. I know you even have negative ions when it rains, but people are going to buy anything if it's sold as something new agey or different.

It's not that people wouldn't buy them because they can obtain the effect naturally, it's that, it's new age man, like.. heavy... just.. heavy elements, man..

The FDA is supposed to regulate things, but they do a sheet job of it. They should not allow that kind of product to be marketed, but they need evidence that it causes harm to ban an item. That is the problem with how the FDA is structured. They can ban lead in paint, but they do not check if there is lead in a kids toy unless someone files a complaint. Thorium is not as bad as radium, there are outcrops of thorium out here. Unless you live next to them, they don't harm anyone, but putting it on your wrist all day long, that is like living right near a bluff of it. I have heard where the Thorium outcrops out, I should go check them out with my geiger counter to see how strong they are. But consistantly being around thorium in rocks is not a good thing, at least that is what one of the scientific guys at the airbase told a friend of mine who was the county road commission supervisor when he was discussing stuff with him at the airbase.

If people want to put one of those bracelets on, I will not tell them they shouldn't, I will say I would not advise it though. There may not be any proof that it is bad for you yet, but there is also no proof that it is completely safe.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Gnarley

The FDA is supposed to regulate things, but they do a sheet job of it. They should not allow that kind of product to be marketed, but they need evidence that it causes harm to ban an item. That is the problem with how the FDA is structured. They can ban lead in paint, but they do not check if there is lead in a kids toy unless someone files a complaint. Thorium is not as bad as radium, there are outcrops of thorium out here. Unless you live next to them, they don't harm anyone, but putting it on your wrist all day long, that is like living right near a bluff of it. I have heard where the Thorium outcrops out, I should go check them out with my geiger counter to see how strong they are. But consistantly being around thorium in rocks is not a good thing, at least that is what one of the scientific guys at the airbase told a friend of mine who was the county road commission supervisor when he was discussing stuff with him at the airbase.

If people want to put one of those bracelets on, I will not tell them they shouldn't, I will say I would not advise it though. There may not be any proof that it is bad for you yet, but there is also no proof that it is completely safe.

Great reply, and I agree completely. Personally, I prefer to do as little extraneous harm as possible, bar the occasional.. well, bar.

Cheers rickymouse !

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Is it bad to use my smoke detector as a codpiece?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Why would it be? I've got mine on right now.

Make sure it has fresh batteries so you can press the test button and unwittingly force everyone to stare at your crotch.

Good times. (Well, except for thigh chafing).

Lol

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Well, I know mine goes off when I have sex with a condom on. All that burning rubber.

Oh who am I kidding...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join