It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 9 Year-Old Tells Presidential Candidate Buttigieg He is Gay. Yes...NINE Years Old!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well, i agree somewhat. Coming out may also be a way of expressing acceptance of yourself. Humans are social beings for the most part.

Other people's opinions should not matter for happiness but they often do if society rejects you. Not everyone can so easily ignore being called a f$ggot or other derogatory words. Which is what happened alot before being homosexual was okay.

Like i said, coming out may not always be a desire to seek approval but a way to express yourself honestly.

edit on 24-2-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Disgusting!

What a sham! Sad thing is.. People actually believe this is a legit situation and wasn't staged at all.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Mother asked campaign manager if her son could do said thing with Buttigieg. Campaign manager saw the opportunity for good press and agreed.

Or, it's possible it was staged. I just don't see why if there are thousands of kids who feel gay at a young age.

I don't see how it's unbelievable though.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Oh yeah... Sexual preference makes all the difference to me on pretty much everything.

This wasn't a ploy. The kid was scared to come out so he needed a presidential candidate help him do it on live TV in front of the nation. The kid has gay bashing fears, perhaps but he certainly doesn't fear telling the world in one standing moment. Fear isn't always fear when it's gay fear. There are differences.

I remember having sexual urges since I was 5 years old so age probably isn't much of a factor here except maybe at 5 you don't really know your direction of sex - it's all still the urge and nothing to do with male or female. At 9, you may but seriously? Why so public with so much fear of going public. I'm sure national public is more uplifting perhaps?

I wonder what would happen if we called out every candidate everywhere for stage baiting...?

Oh yeah... We wouldn't have politicians. So when do we start?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I was playing in the dirt and mud at nine years old. Or having dirt ball fights.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Other people's opinions should not matter for happiness but they often do if society rejects you. Not everyone can so easily ignore being called a f$ggot or other derogatory words. Which is what happened alot before being homosexual was okay.

But that's when it's absolutely most crucial to be able to accept yourself -- and even love yourself -- the most. Because there will always be such people, no matter what one does or does not do. No one can please ALL the people ALL the time. Thinking otherwise just sets one up for failure every time.

People need to be able to face and accept rejection, because it's gonna happen. People need to be able to deal with insults and other derogatory words, because it's gonna happen. We cannot change other people.

The best we can do is not let the words, thoughts, opinions of others be a problem for us.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I agree with that. However, i disagree that we cannot change people. Homosexuality is widely accepted in the u.s. compared to twenty years ago.

We humanized homosexuality and changed a lot of people's minds. Yes, self acceptance is the most important but societal acceptance helps as well

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Since being "Gay" denotes a sex/intercourse preference how do 9 year-old kids know whether they prefer having it with males or females?

They don't but I guess they know who they are attracted to.

edit on 24-2-2020 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I agree with that. However, i disagree that we cannot change people. Homosexuality is widely accepted in the u.s. compared to twenty years ago.

I think the best we can do is give someone the facts and truth, and therefore the opportunity to change themselves. But some people will not change. "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make 'em drink."

Yes, self acceptance is the most important but societal acceptance helps as well

Again, I cannot agree. Societal acceptance is nice, sure. But it's also fickle. As you noted, it wasn't that long ago that society rejected homosexuality and accepted any and all abuse of homosexuals. That form of societal acceptance "helped" the homophobes, but that's about it.

No one should care if they are "accepted" or approved or liked or anything else. All anyone should be worried about is that we aren't hurting anyone, and that no one has the power to impose their will on us.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Let's say this was totally organic and not a shameless staged event using a 9 yr. old kid ( who looked older, making it a little less cringe worthy ) and Pete would have acted like an ADULT speaking to a KID and said something like....

" You're a little young to be worrying about this " Billy ", enjoy being a kid, do well in your studies, enjoy your friends and pursue your interests. When the time comes to start dating, bring to that relationship the best of who you become, no matter the gender or race of the person you choose to Love.

He could have even thrown in that he ended up being a happily married man running for the POTUS, so believe in yourself. A hopeful message, an appropriate message to a kid. Now that would have been a great reply....he lost a great opportunity to appeal to more moderate Dems.... Fail for Pete.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
And Pete told him the wrong thing. Had he said the right thing he could have gained additional support.That he is still too young to accept that he is anything set in stone. As you grow up you may also grow out and find out that you aren't really gay. Any adult who says anything different is a fool.
edit on 24-2-2020 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Pete makes me queasy and is a mealy-mouthed weasel but I knew at the age of five that I liked girls. In kindergarten, we did a Mexican hat dance as part of an assembly. When I heard the little girl I had a crush on had volunteered to dance the female part I quickly volunteered to dance the male part (just so I could hold her hand).

I can't imagine gay people are any different and I'm sure by the age of nine, most know where their preference lies, just by who they crush on.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

When I was 9 I didn't like girls either. I thought they had cooties.
edit on 24-2-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh

When I was 9 I didn't like girls ether. I thought they had cooties.

they do.

Which is always why you should get a cooties shot. It involves a dirt clod to the torso, but even the anti-vaxxers are okay with this.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
At 9 yrs. old, most boys think girls have cooties. This is the age they form strong friendship bonds with other males.

But, now, in today's world of wide-openness, sex education beginning in grammar school, and easy access to information, you can see how boys might get confused. They think they're gay because they don't like girls.

Boys at that age might build a "fort" or a clubhouse and hang a sign on it that says, "NO GIRLS ALLOWED". Normal. Little do they know that in a couple or three years, they are going to rip that sign down.

Shame on this kid's parents for parading him in front of the public to be used as a political tool or an agenda-driven politician. Did you see the look on that kid's face. I don't think he really wanted to be there.
edit on 24-2-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
My granddaughter is 10 and she used to hang out constantly with her best friend, another 10 year old girl. Then they went their separate ways.

A few weeks ago their school Principle asked her father if it was because the other girl was gay?
Seems the other girl went around school telling everyone she was a lesbian, though my granddaughter knew nothing about that.

I am wondering if this girl just wanted attention.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I am 54 and raised 6 boys and have grandchildren .
My kids grew up during the time when people started pushing DONT try influencing your kids let them choose who they are .
Friends my age who have grown children do exactly this and all of you who advocate this kind of thing That DOES influence a child saying its there choice is a LIE .
Children are INFLUENCED by every thing they see hear or feal so even tring to go the Let the kids choose is a FAIL in parenting .
At very young ages I tought my BOYS to not be afraid of talking to girls i also tought them THEY would be JUST as responsible for any babies as a GIRL .
So go ahead judge me as I judge you on letting your child's sexuality be determined by a FAD .
Because mark my words this who sexual identity movement is nothing more then a FAD and all fads fad in ten years these kids will be grown adults and no one will care about the fad laking the attation they received most will end up right back to ware they started .
This whole thing is nothing but a five mints of fame like a young gril flashing her boobs for 5 cents of plastic beeds .
I am pleased to say my boys have NO sexual idently issues nore does even ONE feal like thye need to IMFORM anyone of what they do like in sex .
Keep it in the bed room .

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalamitous

originally posted by: carewemust
QUESTION: Since being "Gay" denotes a sex/intercourse preference, how do 9 year-old kids know whether they prefer having it with males or females? Are 9 year-olds having sexual intercourse these days? (I'm old, and could be behind the times.)

QUESTION: When you were nine did you know if you liked boys or girls? Were you sure since you didn't have any actual experience to base your "preferences" on? Did you have to experiment or did you just know?

I was kissing girls at nine..had better luck then, than now

For the sake of argument, I could see that at nine, you might know what attracts you..not about sex at that age.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A few years ago my son brought his former GF home to meet the family. One evening her six y/o so said to me " Guess what; I like to wear a tut'. I asked if he also liked ballet, and he said he didn't know what that was.
I explained Ballet is a dance and the performers often wear tutus. He said 'I don't dance; I wear a tutu because I'm' , at which he looked confused and ran to his mother. He whispered' What am I again". I didn't hear her response, but he ran back to me and proudly exclaimed "I wear a tutu because I'm bi !"

It still makes me sad when I think of that poor little boy. He had some very serious behavioral problems, and I doubt they've improved much. Confusion in a child about their basic identity can't be a good thing.

(post by Sublimecraft removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join