It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion on a fight

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I’ve seen a video floating around on twitter today and I was just wondering what everyone thought.
I can’t figure out how to post the video from twitter,,,, sorry about that.

Maybe one of you techies can figure that out.

Anyway...
The video shows a young man at what looks like a high school campus being harassed by a girl.
No clue as to why.
He very clearly is trying to walk away from the girl when she grabs his backpack and pulls him back.
Then he pushes at her trying to break free from her grip when she hits him so he punches her.
That’s when multiple other kids including girls start hitting him.

Has anyone else watched this video and did he have the right to hit this girl?

Personally I think if you punch someone you deserve a return punch.

It’s posted on Twitter at “@thefightvids”
edit on 23-2-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I've seen stuff like that and it's a difficult question though I side on equal or adequate force to reconcile. Everyone has the right to protect themselves regardless of gender. I've got no idea how to post a video from them sorry....

edit to say I just watched and I see his punch as a little excessive. edit: her little slap to his head didn't deserve a blast to the face.
edit on 2/23/2020 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kinglizard

Admittedly her punch was pretty pathetic but does he need to wait for her to get a real solid punch first?

Would it be ok for him to just slap her back?
edit on 23-2-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Anyway...
The video shows a young man at what looks like a high school campus being harassed by a girl.
No clue as to why.

Here is where I decide it's none of my business. If I don't know what it's about, I'm not getting involved.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

No telling what happened before the video started. Maybe he said something, called her a B or something, and that pissed her off. Who knows.

Looked like some dude was trying to get into his face but when he walked away the girl (who others were holding back) grabbed his backpack. She wouldn't let go, he pushed her, she hit him, he hit her back, he walked away and they jumped him.

Twitter

Maybe some jealousy issue with that guy, or who the hell know what happened before the video started?

Stupid # all around.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I always have a rule....you no touchie me, I no touchie you.
If someone breaks that rule, I touchie them back.

If they are weaker than me, I will be nice and not hit them back.

In that situation, I would have started swinging if anyone got close.....they were like a pack of dogs so whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It looks like he got two punches on her?

Bluntone22 yean man you are right that he should protect himself. Looks like he was about to get it on with a guy first, he comes around his back and really gives it to him. It looks like he did have multiple potential attackers so maybe it was fair?

edit on 2/23/2020 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hard hit or not she assaulted him first, by grabbing his backpack yanking him back and the slapping him.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If you are in the woods and a pack of wild dogs comes at you, kick the first one you can as hard as you can and the others will get the message.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
That wasn’t a fight.
Bunch of kids just swinging at thin air.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think the guy has a right to defend himself regardless of gender. Fortunately for everyone involved they all threw punches like lil schoolgirls. I think that bothers me more than anything. LMAO

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Yeah...to much soy in their diets

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wow, if those boys are the future of our male population — we are totally screwed.

What a bunch of pansies.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
People need to quit coddling us girls. If we throw a punch, we're running the very fair risk of having one thrown back. Fair is fair here. If Suzy wants to deck Johnny in the piehole, Johnny is well within his rights to defend himself and deck her in the kisser in return.

I find the "it's not a fair fight" excuses to be complete bullspit. Girls are effing vicious in fights, and more than capable of holding their own against a boy/guy. If we want to be equals in all things, then we need to include the fighting, regardless of whether or not it was stupid or deserved.
edit on 2/23/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/23/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

I always have a rule....you no touchie me, I no touchie you.
If someone breaks that rule, I touchie them back.

If they are weaker than me, I will be nice and not hit them back.

In that situation, I would have started swinging if anyone got close.....they were like a pack of dogs so whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

I agree w/ you 100%
Don’t touch me, I don’t touch you.
I don’t provoke, and I’ll try to avoid confrontations.

But if I am even pushed, I don’t push back, I go all in.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Oaktree

I always learned that the first thing you do is get out of the situation, if you have to run, run....if you have to start swinging, just make sure your heart and mind is in the right place so you don't hurt people without reason.

Get out of the situation....thats it.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

He tried to leave..
As for running... funk that.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun
Right, I not talking about stomping on people, but I am not going to meter my defense based on the punching power of the person attacking me.

Within reason.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Well if he tried to leave, he was trying to get out of the situation...after that, swing.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The real question is was he protecting and defending himself from a threat to his person? Or was he going to "teach her a lesson"?

Was it proportionate force? Was it force sufficient to stop a threat? Was it the force necessary to stop a threat? Or was it the force necessary to assuage his pride and ego?

Were their sizes proportionate? Or was there a clear size/weight advantage (over and above the already obvious disproportionate strength of the male body to a female body)? Or was it just an excuse to beat on someone weaker?

Was he scared? Or was he angry? One indicates survival instincts kicking in... the other indicates a narcissistic rage.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join