It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reversed US flags/fotos. anybody noticed before?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Reversing the the flag is it symbolical of the secret government agenda? is anyone else aware of this? surely its no mishap, everyone knows the stars are top left of the flag...

dont ask me wat that says across the front of the first pic its probably some subliminal message thatl make u do somethin stupid! i duno.

not forgetting those 2 fasci signs either side are symbols of fascism.?

[edit on 013131p://20031 by info_junkee]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
yay... I get to be the first..

the picture of the soldiers appears fake to me... look at the edges around the flags...

not sure about the other picture..

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
They're reversed for a reason. I don't recall the exact reason, but I'm sure someone will post about it soon.

Ah, here's an explanation.

www.marlowwhite.com...

[edit on 3/10/2005 by Bangin]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
yeah i did wonderif there faked but i put em there anyway. i see bush on tv recently in front of a big flag,, may or not hav been that 1 in the last pic but never the less it was still reversed, that was live tv news u can take my word. watch out for it nex time anyways.

[edit on 103131p://520310 by info_junkee]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
They're reversed for a reason. I don't recall the exact reason, but I'm sure someone will post about it soon.

Ah, here's an explanation.

www.marlowwhite.com...

[edit on 3/10/2005 by Bangin]

Civilians often wonder why the US Army Flag Patch is reversed. The answer is: not all Army Flag Patches are reversed, but only those worn on the right shoulder. The reason has to do with proper display of the flag.

When flags are displayed on moving vehicles, the blue star field is always displayed towards the front of the vehicle. In this way, the flag appears to be blowing in the wind as the vehicle travels forward (flags are always attached to their flag poles on the blue field side). If the flag were not reversed on the right hand side of the vehicle, the vehicle might appear to be moving backwards (or "retreating").

The next time you visit an airport, notice that the US-flagged aircraft also have a "reverse" flag painted on the right side of the aircraft.

For flag patches worn on uniforms, the same principle applies: the blue star field always faces towards the front, with the red and white stripes behind. Think of the flag, not a patch, but as a loose flag attached to the Soldier's arm like a flag pole. As the Soldier moves forward, the red and white stripes will flow to the back.

Another question we are often asked: Doesn't a red, white, and blue flag on a camouflaged uniform defeat the purpose of camouflage? Yes, it does. Previously the U.S. Code prescribed that military use of the flag will always be red, white, and blue. However, with the updated Army Battle Dress Uniform that was recently unveiled, the flag patch will become a camouflage, muted color.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Reversing the the flag is symbolical of the secret government agenda, is anyone else aware of this?

Do you have any evidence of this? I've never heard of it.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
they think of everything dont they,,,

still doesnt explain why i see bush in front of a big reversed one, live on tv..

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

Reversing the the flag is symbolical of the secret government agenda, is anyone else aware of this?

Do you have any evidence of this? I've never heard of it.

hey no sorry its just opinions from web related info, sounds logical is all.. not sayin i believe anybody im jus puttin the pics up an u talk about it.. lol

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The water mark on the top image says "CORBIS" which is a stock photo house.
What that means is, that you have to pay the photo house for the image in order to be allowed
to use it. Almost all the advertisements you see everywhere come from collections of stock photos.

The weird edges you see around the flags in the images is from over use of the "Sharpen" filter in photoshop, which causes halo's.

The symbols from the senate have a detailed explanation somewhere..I forget where I read about it, but it dates back to Rome I believe and was used by the Nazi's and is on our money.
I forget the name of the things too, but once you find out what they are all about, well, you'll be justifiably paranoid maybe.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
*looks at pictures*

not being funny here, but what am i meant to be seeing here?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The flags poiting the wrong way.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So they put it backwards just so it looks as though its blowing backward in the wind in a vehicle? That has to be the stupidest reason ever! Surely it means something else.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
The flags poiting the wrong way.

whats wrong with that?
i've never heard theories about reversed flags...ah well, this is all new to me

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The flag hanging downward is hung correctly according to the code for display of the flag. The blue field is to the left, or the flag's own right, and that is correct.

www.ushistory.org...
When the flag is displayed in a manner other than by being flown from a staff, it should be displayed flat, whether indoors or out. When displayed either horizontally or vertically against a wall, the union should be uppermost and to the flag's own right, that is, to the observer's left. When displayed in a window it should be displayed in the same way, that is with the union or blue field to the left of the observer in the street. When festoons, rosettes or drapings are desired, bunting of blue, white and red should be used, but never the flag.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by info_junkee
dont ask me wat that says across the front of the first pic its probably some subliminal message thatl make u do somethin stupid! i duno.
[edit on 103131p://470310 by info_junkee]

It says Corbis. The photo is owned by Corbis. Nothing subliminal just a simple way for them to prevent image theft.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
hey i was only JOKING about the subliminal so please nobody else make a comment on that, we all know it says corbis now. thanks for ur input

[edit on 013131p://18031 by info_junkee]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by info_junkee
Reversing the the flag is it symbolical of the secret government agenda?

Normally it means 'distress'

is anyone else aware of this?

You mean the ones on the uniforms? Yes, I've wondered about it myself, not along those lines tho.

dont ask me wat that says across the front of the first pic its probably some subliminal message thatl make u do somethin stupid

Are you serious? Its a damned watermark, a copyright mark.

not forgetting those 2 fasci signs either side are symbols of fascism.?

Hanging the flag like that is not a sign of anything, its an acceptable way of hanging the flag.

The fasces, yes, they are fascists symbols. I'm surprised there's eve a question of this.

Of course, they weren't symbols of fasism until wwii. The ones in the state houses and on money and in lots of other places in lots of other countries are not symbols of mussolini like fascism. Learn what the symbols actually are and you will see that they have nothing to do with fascism.

still doesnt explain why i see bush in front of a big reversed one, live on tv.

Since he doesn't stand in front of reversed flags, there really is no reason to have an explanation for it.

elevated one
the picture of the soldiers appears fake to me...

They are not fake, that is how the patch is worn on military uniforms.

Bangin has seemed to have found the answer for the 'reversed flags'. This vaguely sounds like the reasons I was given but don't clearly recall.

When flags are displayed on moving vehicles, the blue star field is always displayed towards the front of the vehicle. In this way, the flag appears to be blowing in the wind as the vehicle travels forward (flags are always attached to their flag poles on the blue field side). If the flag were not reversed on the right hand side of the vehicle, the vehicle might appear to be moving backwards (or "retreating").

CmptrN3rd5
That has to be the stupidest reason ever! Surely it means something else

So because the government is giving a somewhat stupid answer it must be false? The government doesn't do anything stupid?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
if you read my post above yours you would have noticed i said dont comment anymore on the subliminal thing it was A JOKE! u know? humour?

[edit on 103131p://120310 by info_junkee]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

still doesnt explain why i see bush in front of a big reversed one, live on tv.

Since he doesn't stand in front of reversed flags, there really is no reason to have an explanation for it

Nygdan are you just being 'extra' about my spelling? u lost me there ive smoked too much tonite.

I saw bush on tv live giving a speech with the flag hangin behind him...

ok wen i say reversed in the 2nd pic i mean the stars should be top left (or maybe americans know better? i dont! thats why im posting on it) and theyre not, theyre bottom left......

[edit on 103131p://240310 by info_junkee]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join