It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowing what I know now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Knowing what I know now

If I were to carry the responsibility of being the creator of humanity I would destroy it.

I know now why some like to tell themselves there's no god. They need to help themselves deluding themselves with lies to keep on being a disgrace. Many need to become ashamed of themselves.

Humanity has become a failure and a disgrace.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Believe in god or be destroyed?

Seems mighty religious, to me...

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnarley

It's not that difficult.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

well lets all celebrate that you're not god

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The Biblical God threatens total destruction, but can never bring himself to complete the job. See, e.g., Flood story. Then he looks for some other solution.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

What would God think?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Knowing what I know now

If I were to carry the responsibility of being the creator of humanity I would destroy it.

I know now why some like to tell themselves there's no god. They need to help themselves deluding themselves with lies to keep on being a disgrace. Many need to become ashamed of themselves.

Congrats on finially awaking a miniscule.

Indeed they do need to keep themselves deluded, they are already ashamed of themselves - this is not something they should become. Admitting that though and taking a step forward is not something they are capable of. It's called denial a self imposed luxury to them fuelling each footstep to the wide gate.

Humanity hasn't become a failure and disgrace - it always has been - another self imposed excersise in denial.

People think their so smart - they are not, they are more ignorant than your average pile of dung.

Truth hurts - watch all the attacks and deniance with self righteousness of 'well not me I'm so good' presenting itself when infact if they had any true understanding they would just laugh it of.

Destruction AGAIN is not to far away now and CV is the first step in trying to hide exactly that, just watch the "mark" of so called free of virus to walk the streets so called free😁 being ushered in by years end.

Do not take it- Go underground resistance like.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Well you don't know much then. There are plenty of good moral kind and caring people out there who are not 'believers' . You don't have to believe in a god to follow the 'how to work and live in a peaceful society' rule book. Many 'believers' are a disgrace to the human race. From the snotty bitch who thinks she is better than anyone else and walks past a grubby person needing help in the street (but faithfully goes to the little church soirée on Sunday) to those supposedly doing the lords work and preaching to his flock about morality whilst in the shadows he is abusimg the innocent kids and raping the nuns.
You have some cheek with the statements you have made in you OP. If there is a god, he needs to get his own House of Representatives in order before passing judgment on the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Akragon

What would God think?

things going according to plan...

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
As in your responsibility as god you would destroy humanity????
Do you know what destroy humanity entails.
YES, that's murder on a mass, mass scale. The word genocide is not big enough to describe it. So I will come up with a one liner like you.

GOD as an entity is a failure and a disgrace.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I now see where Gnostics went wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
You need new friends. And meds.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Knowing what I know now

My mythology is just the opposite of yours. Yours is based on an assumption we live under a God of judgment. I think we live under a God of unconditional love. The evidence suggests there is no amount of evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free-will.

God knew exactly what was going to happen to the apple in the garden with a naked woman prancing about. God knew exactly what He was creating.

We have to consider God's nature when taking into account the source of all that is evil in the World. God is perfect, whole, and complete. God does not have any needs or desires. It is our needs and desires that are the source of all that is evil in the World. Since God has no needs or desires, God is absolute perfection and goodness.

Human beings are not perfect and whole like God. We were created with many imperfections in our bodies and in our minds. It is these imperfections in our human character that are the source of all that is evil in the World. God knows this and must be okay with it because we have been allowed to continue for thousands of years.

I think human beings exist as part of our omnipotent God realizing His omnipotence. We are God's way of experiencing the thrill of having limitations and flaws by sharing in our experiences of joys and frustrations. If you take into account the philosophical idea of a Unity of opposites then you cannot experience joy without first experiencing suffering. God loves each one us to the same degree in which we love ourselves.

Since my faith is in a God of unconditional love, the good news is after we die I believe everyone is saved and allowed to enter the gates of Heaven to experience eternally Heavenly bliss regardless of our Earthly sins or how we practiced or not practiced our religion. When we die, we go into the light, we look into the face of God, and we experience God's infinite beauty, wholeness, and perfection. In this moment, time stops and we experience eternal bliss. All our needs and desires become fulfilled being in the presence of God's absolute perfection and wholeness.

A God of judgment is really just people having hate in their hearts seeking revenge against others or taking pleasure in the idea of attaining justice in the afterlife which was not achievable while someone was alive. If you worship a God of judgment then judgment is what you will experience in your life. I choose love.

Poor old grand-dad
I laughed at all his words
I thought he was a bitter man
He spoke of women's ways
They'll trap you, then they use you
And before you even know
For love is blind and you're far too kind
Don't ever let it show
I wish that I knew what I know now
When I was younger
When I was stronger
The can-can, such a pretty show
Steals your heart away
But backstage back on earth again
The dressing rooms are gray
They come on strong and it ain't too long
For they make you feel a man
But love is blind and you soon will find
You're just a boy again
When I was younger
When I was stronger
When you want her lips, you get her cheek
Makes you wonder where you are
If you want some more then she's fast asleep
Leave's you twinkling with the stars
Poor young grandson
There's nothing I can say
You'll have to learn, just like me
And that's the hardest way
When I was younger
When I was stronger
When I was younger
When I was stronger
Ooh la la
Ooh la la
Yeah yeah
Ooh la la
Ooh la la
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Ooh la la
Ooh la la
Ooh la la
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Ooh la la

edit on 23-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnarley

Believe in god or be destroyed?

Seems mighty religious, to me...

Funny isn’t it, how you make implications, like you are a child and need babying from God

Big boy, you choose, accept God or don’t

Your choice

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

One of those posts I wish I had more accounts to Star with. This is the most asinine thing I've seen in a while, good job, op. I'm actually impressed.

By the way, I'm not ashamed of anything, especially not enough to believe in a special imaginary friend in the sky who has allowed countless atrocities in it's name. One that doesn't punish molestors and rapists but does, in fact, sit by while that same form of predator claims to represent it.

Sounds kinda like this would be pertinent here:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Look at history to those whose whole society believed in God. Sometimes wars started over religion or witches were burned at the cross. Or the Spanish Inquisition. Killing gay people which still happens today.

I think humanity is better off being less religious.

Last thing we need is more bible thumpers.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Which God? There's at least 1000 of them. Tough choice.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Raggedyman

Which God? There's at least 1000 of them. Tough choice.

Ask Gnarly
Nothing to do with me

You on the other hand believe what you want
Don’t come preaching your religion or lack of it at me

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
flagg dadd, I ask that God shows work...actual something for your treat in this walk we have here.........an actual something you lust for, He'll show for you, then you might show for Him
edit on 23-2-2020 by GBP/JPY because: texas tradition ya know

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea
By the way, I'm not ashamed of anything, especially not enough to believe in a special imaginary friend in the sky who has allowed countless atrocities in it's name. One that doesn't punish molestors and rapists but does, in fact, sit by while that same form of predator claims to represent it.

The only one responsible are the people who committed the acts of evil. I think there is something fundamentally flawed in blaming God for the evil of men. This would be like convicting and giving the death penalty to the parents of a serial killer.

I think flaws and imperfections in human character are the source of all that is evil in the World. If we blame or hate God then we become blind to all of God's blessings flowing all around us. For me, God is absolute goodness and perfection. It's when we experience great beauty or great performances we feel closer to the perfection that is God. Sports are a great example. People love watching sports and experiencing great sport moments because in those moments of perfection we experience a sliver of God's perfection manifesting itself in the World.

I don't think God chooses evil. I think God shares in our experiences without interference or participation. God is more like a representation of our experiences than an actor participating. God is just word. And often the word God is used to represent causes beyond comprehension. However, it is not clear God is the cause but just our placeholder until we discover cause.

edit on 23-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join