It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earther "Mad" Mike Hughes dies in crash of homemade rocket

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SkinnySteve

He decided to launch himself in a homemade rocket, that’s pretty stupid.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

No, whats stupid, is not having a reserve parachute.

The guy had some misguided notions regarding the shape of the Earth, but this was not his first Rodeo rocket wise.

At least he died the doing what he was passionate about, so there is that.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Here is a video of it. Strangely enough, there appears to be a UFO hanging under a cloud in background (pretty prominent, that disappears as soon as he gets part way in the sky. Not saying that a UFO shot him down, but not sure why that thing is hanging in the air in the background. It shows up on the far left of the screen as he's falling to earth. Hardly enough time for a helicopter to travel that fast.

W hat's this in the sky behind his launch?

edit on 24-2-2020 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

I thought that too but looks more like a drone.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

I thought that too but looks more like a drone.

It very well could be. Not sure. Just something I noticed. I would think however, that if it were a drone that it looks to be a bit high in the air, but who knows? Maybe they have a really good one....but wouldn't there be drone footage. Isn't that the reason for putting a drone in thee air, is to get footage from that prospective? Maybe it just hasn't been released yet.

edit on 24-2-2020 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It's in some of the earlier frames that gives the impression of 4 propellers on top.

Would be one hell of a fun conspiracy theory - Aliens prevent Earthlings from Space Travel

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I always kinda liked his shenanigans. Sure he wasn't the most logical bean in the patch, but his rocketry was fun and it's always cool to see people pursue their dreams, no matter how crazy. RIP Mike you crazy dude!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

No, whats stupid, is not having a reserve parachute.

He did.
It was in the back of his pickup.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The last thing that went through his mind was his A$$.

How he thought that small rocket would/could get to tens of thousands of feet is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Flat? Round? We might never know, but we do know one thing, it is really F'ing hard.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I find it pretty hard to have any sympathy for people like that. This was just dumb.

Why did people have sympathy for the dare-devil Evil Knievel, but not for dare-devil Mike Hughes? One was a motorcycle stuntman, the other was a rocket stuntman. Both were stuntmen.

One believed in science and physics, the other not so much. One had a chance to land safely, the other not so much. One's goal was to entertain millions, the other's goal was to entertain his imagination (lasted 33 seconds).

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
"We used flat Earth as a PR stunt. Period," Darren Shuster told BuzzFeed News. "He was a true daredevil decades before the latest round of rocket missions. Flat Earth allowed us to get so much publicity that we kept going! I know he didn’t believe in flat Earth and it was a shtick."

www.buzzfeednews.com...

At the end he was just a rocket daredevil that was fooling thousands of people to get funds and attention from the public.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnarley

Antarctica is the ice wall. Planes just fly in the middle.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: baggy7981

How is it stupid? Ive yet to see undeniable proof its not.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: oneiro13

I really hope that's a joke.

Because a simple lollipop stick, stuck in the ground, around midday, and the changing length of the shadow cast by the Sun proves the shape of our Earth.

Then there is every other planet in the system that is also pretty much also an oblate spheroid.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

changing shadow length proves nothing if the sun rotates above us. Other planet shape != Our shape.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: oneiro13

Don't know about above us given the FACT that our Earth rotates around the star, and also spins on her own axis.

As to the other planets, indeed, if they are all oblate spheroid, which has also been proven by science and even the odd visit you really imagine our Earth is the exception and a disc world?

Terry Pratchett was not even that mental.

I guess for you, its "Turtles all the way down"?

How about you visit any harbor or any place on Earth with a wide-open view of the water, watch a ship sail off to sea, view its mast and flag as it fades off into the distance, and below the horizon, and get back to us and tell us what you saw?
edit on 24-2-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
a reply to: firerescue

Here is a video of it. Strangely enough, there appears to be a UFO hanging under a cloud in background (pretty prominent, that disappears as soon as he gets part way in the sky. Not saying that a UFO shot him down, but not sure why that thing is hanging in the air in the background. It shows up on the far left of the screen as he's falling to earth. Hardly enough time for a helicopter to travel that fast.

W hat's this in the sky behind his launch?

imagine that conversation...

Aliens: Alright boys, its about time we show these humans that we exist...we've been watching them long enough... im pretty sure they can handle...……... wait, whats this guy doing

**rocket man, kills himself in self made rocket***

Aliens:....

Ok, maybe we'll wait a few more years.... Geez what a dumb ass

LOL
edit on 24-2-2020 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

imagine that conversation...

Aliens: Alright boys, its about time we show these humans that we exist...we've been watching them long enough... im pretty sure they can handle...……... wait, whats this guy doing

**rocket man, kills himself in self made rocket***

Aliens:....

Ok, maybe we'll wait a few more years.... Geez what a dumb ass

LOL

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Its to bad this mans notions were FLAT wrong after his crash.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join