It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepping for the flue, what do I want

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Overreacting. The flu comes every year.

Yeah, but no one wants to catch it... I know I certainly don't...

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Raggedyman

A couple of cases of scotch and a big bag of dvds .

Do you watch the red ones last??

And who needs scotch when you have your own still.
*hic*

Flu free for decades.. dying of liver failure sure, but flu free

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
hand sanitizer at least 70% alcohol, some masks wouldn't hurt, a good set of glasses to help protect the eyes closer they snug up to your skin the better.

be aware of the people around you keep space from large groups if possible extra water/food and some stuff to help with flu symptoms so you can still function if you get sick.

Oh and for gods sake dont go to work if you are sick, call whatever number they designated and go with it.

least that's my wag.

Too much hand sanitizer kills the good bacteria also, so you have to be wary.. you need to good ones. Same with the intestinal flora..

So I don't recommend drinking the hand sanitizer when you run out of the scotch.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Prepping for the flue, what do I want

Any tips, what are the essentials for non preppers thinking of preparing

Pills of all kinds. Mostly Valium to to take off the rough edges. And aspirin and Advil to put them back on.

Avoid the valium if you have the case of scotch, however.

Or you may end up wishing you had caught the flu instead..

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Vitamin C , Astaxanthin, NAC goes long way IMO....then add antimicrobial also to kill bacterial infections . With serious pneunomia intravenous vitamin C .

The most promising so far: N-acetylcysteine

(NAC)Another antioxidant which has recently shown its strong neutralizing power is N-acetylcysteine (NAC). NAC is a precursor of glutathione, an important endogenous antioxidant, pivotal in the detoxification processes in the liver and a key player in neutralizing free radicals in all cells. In the elderly and under stress conditions, glutathione levels in the body are dramatically reduced. While glutathione is rapidly degraded, it has been shown that NAC, when administered orally, can replenish systemic glutathione levels. As glutathione is an antioxidant, it can neutralize ROS, and thus it can reduce oxidative stress in the body. In addition, NAC is known to neutralize oxygen radicals in a glutathione-independent manner. Since the early 1960s, NAC has been used in clinics for its mucolytic properties, and has also been proposed as a supportive treatment for influenza pneumonia.

More recently, it has been suggested that the positive impact of NAC in the treatment of these conditions is largely related to direct and indirect antioxidant effects. It is now clear that NAC can target the key mechanisms involved in the pathogenesis of lower respiratory tract viral infections, among which is inflammation. During these inflammatory processes, high levels of cytokines are produced, inducing the so-called ‘cytokine storm’. Inflammation supports the accumulation of ROS, which then promotes a further increase in the production of pro-inflammatory molecules, leading to the inflammation-oxidative stress cycle as a result. Low levels of cytokines and ROS are needed to initiate immune responses, however, the over-production of these molecules leads to immune suppression and tissue damage.

In accordance with this, NAC can act both as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory drug by reducing cytokines/chemokines, for example, after influenza infection. For this reason, NAC has been used for several years as an adjuvant treatment for influenza pneumonia in human patients, helping to reduce symptomatology and improve cell-mediated immunity.Interestingly, NAC can help, not only in the context of lower respiratory tract viral insults, but also by targeting other viral and bacterial infections, and can act as a general immune system booster. In addition, the beneficial effects of NAC on a broad spectrum of diseases, such as ulcerative colitis, cancer, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases, the pathogenesis of which is supported by inflammation and ROS, have been observed. In this context, NAC may play the most important role of all when it comes to boosting our immune systems. Hopefully, we will soon have all the answers to fight age-related diseases and improve our immune systems!

Conclusion: boosting our immune system targeting oxidative stressIn summary, we can say that healthy eating plays an important role in our overall health, and when considering diet, we should always think about our immune system and ways in which we can take care of it. Our immune system does not just protect us from the flu or bacterial infections, but it is also fundamental for us in fighting against chronic, or less curable diseases, such as cancer. It isn’t always possible to eat a well-balanced diet, and for this reason, incorporating selected natural antioxidants such as vitamin C or astaxanthin, or synthetic molecules such as NAC, may be the secret weapon to help us regain or maintain our health. While research in the field of antioxidants continues, there is plenty of existing knowledge to be utilized when it comes to ways in which we can help improve our own immune system.

Boosting the immunesystem with antioxidants:where are we now?

Curcumin, Ginger , black seed oil , CBD oil are also anti-inflammatory and beneficial in high cytokine situations . Vitamin D is also very important.
I would also try to minimize all electro magnetic radiation as it causes oxidation---inflammation in body and a other harmfull things, so even if it could be tempting to use devices that use wireless when you are sick, dont do it. Use wired connection .
edit on 23-2-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Turmeric, activated with black pepper. Oregano oil. keep the pH of your body on the high side. Get at least 7-9 hours of sleep to keep your T-cell count high. Go to the hospital is you begin having breathing trouble, but not before, just in case you don't have the real deal Novel Corona, because there will likely be people there that do

10 points for the turmeric and black pepper.. Fresh turmeric too, not the powdered kind which has most of the essential oils taken from it.. harder to get down unless you like the taste of raw turmeric (I do)... And you end up with a nice tint of yellow covering your fingers, makes you look like you're a 200 pack a day smoker..

I make what most people would consider a disgusting thing.. it's sort of a smoothie.. raw grated turmeric, loads of black pepper, 4 heaped teaspoons of instant coffee and some honey.. hot water, and milk.. you have to eat it with a spoon. I think I'm the only person who does this, because everyone else is a philistine..

And bicarb in water for the pH. Only a small amount, too much and you can develop metabolic alkalosis,. and no one wants that.. and also not if you're on a salt restricted diet.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Look into Golden Milk (I add black pepper to it)..

I find turmeric and pepper in a normal coffee is nice too.. but I am addicted to turmeric anyway

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I wouldn't prep for the flu. This is coming from someone who doesn't get the flu or the flu shot. I haven't had the flu since I was a teenager. No one in my house gets the flu or the flu shot. I think people over dramatize the flu. I personally don't know anyone who has died from the flu.

I would recommend you have a good thermometer, and fever reducing/pain reducing meds.

For food buy comfort food, whole chicken to make chicken soup and what not. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly after going out of your house.

I recommend cleaning your house every week, especially your bathrooms. That's it.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So I stay inside for a week or two
Outside a big bag of Fisherman’s Friends what should I grab
Food, beans and flour?
Water, 2 litres a day?

Aspirins or something?

Any tips, what are the essentials for non preppers thinking of preparing

Overreacting?

#1 - get food you like. If you don't like canned sardines lol don't get any
#2 - a few life straws if you live near a lake and cannot store 200 gallons of water in your house
#3 - cans of healthy soups, packets of instant flavored mashed potatoes (good for those extra cals if you eat lighter than normal and about $1 each)
#4 - oatmeal. can be made with very little water and helps your body stay hydrated in less water situations
#5 - canned fruits have extra water content as does coconut water with a 2 year shelf life
#6 - fever reducer / working thermometer
#7 - not overreacting - better safe than sorry.
edit on 23-2-2020 by TruthJava because: added info

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnarley

I find turmeric and pepper in a normal coffee is nice too.. but I am addicted to turmeric anyway

Yeah turmeric in my coffee is ok, but with pepper, hmmmm

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

*hic*

2 copper amblics here

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yeah turmeric in my coffee is ok, but with pepper, hmmmm

It actually adds to the spiciness of it..

I remember years ago working in an office and the day shift guys would put pepper in the coffee to piss us off, who worked nights and drank all their coffee.. My mate decided bugger it, and made one anyway and told us it was not that bad.. we laughed at him.

I actually like it now, haha... with turmeric, and a scraping of nutmeg over the top.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

*hic*

2 copper amblics here

I have to get me one of those, first time I saw a still was one of those. Buying a still here is a part by part process, it's illegal to sell a complete still that holds more than 4 litres.. But that still does the job in a pinch. It's just a glorified water purifier that has been modified to work as a still, but it makes some decent, potent, moonshine !!

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I cant see how Aspirins is going to help with a vertical pipe or duct that provides a safe pathway for heat, smoke, and other combustion byproducts away from the fireplace aka "flue".

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnarley

everyone else is a philistine..

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Turmeric, activated with black pepper. Oregano oil. keep the pH of your body on the high side. Get at least 7-9 hours of sleep to keep your T-cell count high. Go to the hospital is you begin having breathing trouble, but not before, just in case you don't have the real deal Novel Corona, because there will likely be people there that do

Taking oregano oil pills can have quite amazing affects. It can help stave off sickness in many forms. I have also read that it can help get rid of boils if taken orally and applied to the boil.

Tumeric is more of a take it every day for the effects kind of thing.

For me, tumeric (with black pepper sometimes) pretty much cured me of gout. It took about 6 months though to exhibit that breakthrough. Since I started taking it, I have had 2 or maybe 3 gout attacks in 5 years. Before that I had anywhere from 2 to 10 a year. I will never stop taking tumeric.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Stay away from red meat

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Influenza?
Better?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Better indeed, with a spoon full of Sugar.

It's easy done, i'm Dyslexic mate, mistakes happen.

But a chortle is good for the soul.
edit on 24-2-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Better indeed, with a spoon full of Sugar.

It's easy done, i'm Dyslexic mate, mistakes happen.

But a chortle is good for the soul.

Always happy to be corrected than make the same mistake over and over💃🌈🦄

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join