It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepping for the flue, what do I want

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Raggedyman

A couple of cases of scotch and a big bag of dvds .

I said prepping not making my breakfast

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I believe Lysol kills sars-covid. Lysol for the win.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
yah, visitedbythem laid out a lot of what you would need, but with the oil of oregano, I'd add organic honey, chili peppers or capsascin, and plenty of first aid items, just in case hospitals and docs become impossible to get to, find or just not the best place to go.....so alcohol, methiolate or iodine if you can find it, betadyne, and stitching needles and thread, just to be safe, in case something needs stitched and help is out of the way or not available. A topical analgesic and painkiller would be good, as well, for those times, if needed. Also sugar and salt make good drawing compounds for wounds that become infected. And SMZ antibiotics, which are quite general, and can be pulverized to pack in wounds to prevent infection or stabilize abcesses and infected wounds, just to be safe.

and canned and dried foods.
regards, stay safe and well,
tetra

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

A couple of cases of scotch and a big bag of dvds .

I said prepping not making my breakfast

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

No

A healthy breakfast is the most important...

🍻

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

details details.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Scotch is healthy.. I brought back about 80 liters worth when I cam home to the states.

Was so nice to be traveling on orders, no taxes on that.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Usually flu won't let you eat normally. Just the smell of food makes you upset. I get Jell - o, Gatorate, crackers, marmalade, canned peaches and if you have a chance to make it, a nice fruit compote.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Turmeric, activated with black pepper. Oregano oil. keep the pH of your body on the high side. Get at least 7-9 hours of sleep to keep your T-cell count high. Go to the hospital is you begin having breathing trouble, but not before, just in case you don't have the real deal Novel Corona, because there will likely be people there that do
Fyi, Turmeric is not an anti viral.
Oregeno oil should not be used too long as it will kill good bacteria as well as bad and is caustic to your gut lining over time.

Plenty of plant allies for viruses like Elderberry, lemonbalm, St.Johns, lomatium and propolis, along with purgatives like lobelia and osha and diaphoretics like ginger, elderflower, or yarrow.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Turmeric, activated with black pepper. Oregano oil. keep the pH of your body on the high side. Get at least 7-9 hours of sleep to keep your T-cell count high. Go to the hospital is you begin having breathing trouble, but not before, just in case you don't have the real deal Novel Corona, because there will likely be people there that do
Fyi, Turmeric is not an anti viral.
Oregeno oil should not be used too long as it will kill good bacteria as well as bad and is caustic to your gut lining over time.

Plenty of plant allies for viruses like Elderberry, lemonbalm, St.Johns, lomatium and propolis, along with purgatives like lobelia and osha and diaphoretics like ginger, elderflower, or yarrow.

garlic, onion red Paupau and pineapple for bromelian, is also great to have in combination with what you've suggested .

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Homemade chicken soup, made with the dark meat preferrably, the stuff to make Hot Totties, some zinc lozengers and some fisherman's friend. You can also get a bottle of bromelain capsules to help break up thick mucus into thin mucus, take one on an empty stomach to work systematically, it is better to get the smaller tablets, and take one in the morning and one at night. Monolaurin helps with most flues too, or just coconut oil mixed with the butter on toast.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So I stay inside for a week or two
Outside a big bag of Fisherman’s Friends what should I grab
Food, beans and flour?
Water, 2 litres a day?

Aspirins or something?

Any tips, what are the essentials for non preppers thinking of preparing

Overreacting?

Isolation doesn't matter, simply because you will eventually need to go out and interact with other humans.

Let's face it, you need to contract it and live through it.

THAT being said, beef up your immune system and get some natural anti-virals.

VisitedByThem already laid that out so...

See you on the other side!!!

Sorry mate, have to disagree from my perspective. I'm happy to prep and isolate me and the family for a duration. Friends Winchester and Colt will see to that. I am by no means panicking but have always prepped for bush fires, floods, storms, power outages and such.

I have just planted some apple seeds kindly sent to me from an overseas champion. (U know who). I will protect them with my life.

You see, as I mentioned in another response. It all depends on your demographics and preparedness. We now have no need to "go to town" should the manure hit the fan. I would rather not get infected as I am older. If this thing is a fizzer then good. Leastways I can go camping/fishing/hunting for the next 12 months if I wanted. My 'true love' agrees and thanks you for our new apple trees.

I'm a poet and I don't know it.

Regards, bally and true love.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I can close my front gates tomorrow and will run out of the first thing (toilet paper) in about a year.

Have my gardens, have my orchard, have wildlife to live off of.

Have a root cellar, know how to can, grow my own medicine, have things planned out.

Have my own water (two springs), make my own electricity, have my own septic.

That doesn't matter in 10 years... eventually, you will need to interact with humanity.

The Spanish Flu taught us that.

At the end of the day, however isolated you want to be, eventually you will have to get the virus and develop an immunity to it.

Or just be isolated forever... which isn't really an option.

I'm stoked about your apple seeds... it is the first time they have been to Australia.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: bally001

I can close my front gates tomorrow and will run out of the first thing (toilet paper) in about a year.

Have my gardens, have my orchard, have wildlife to live off of.

Have a root cellar, know how to can, grow my own medicine, have things planned out.

Have my own water (two springs), make my own electricity, have my own septic.

That doesn't matter in 10 years... eventually, you will need to interact with humanity.

The Spanish Flu taught us that.

At the end of the day, however isolated you want to be, eventually you will have to get the virus and develop an immunity to it.

Or just be isolated forever... which isn't really an option.

I'm stoked about your apple seeds... it is the first time they have been to Australia.

I'm cool with interacting but on our terms if the virus hits hereabouts. Wait until it passes. If I get the flu. well then I get it, but I won't be passing it on hence the isolation. Wondering what the apples will taste like.

Bally

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Prescription medications.
Toothpaste and mouthwash.
Facial tissue.
Paper towel.
Probiotics, good for digestive system.
Toiletries.
Aluminum foil.
Batteries.
Disposable gloves.
Dish and laundry detergents.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Fisherman’s Friends are good but I’ve recently tried Ricola ... cue the music. They really helped with the cough. Tylenol for fever and headaches. Water yes, soup, like those dry noodles you only need hot water for. Brandy. Gin or whatever. Thousands of tissues!

edit on 22-2-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Prescription medications.
Toothpaste and mouthwash.
Facial tissue.
Paper towel.
Probiotics, good for digestive system.
Toiletries.
Aluminum foil.
Batteries.
Disposable gloves.
Dish and laundry detergents.

Pretty much this. I just stocked up on gloves and hand sanitizer.

The dude at the hardware store was joking about the amount of masks being sold because of the virus. I hope he's right.
edit on 22-2-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
pass
edit on 23-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I had a friend who was prepping for the apocalypse his whole life. He was unrelenting telling the year 2000 would be it. It would all come to and end. He died 10 years ago.

The point is it is more likely everyone reading this post will be long dead and gone before prepping ever matters.

Yeah being prepared in the event of an emergency to take care of yourself and your family is STUPID

who the hell thinks like this?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Unless you self-isolate, you'll need
face masks and an hazmat suit or there is
no point of a 'bug out bag'

. . . . .
edit on 23/2/20 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   

So I stay inside for a week or two
Outside a big bag of Fisherman’s Friends what should I grab
Food, beans and flour?
Water, 2 litres a day?

Aspirins or something?

Any tips, what are the essentials for non preppers thinking of preparing

Overreacting?

Firewood and some fire starters, that would make the best use of the flue.

As for the flu, Liposomal Vit C and fresh garlic works for me, and the added benefit of the garlic is you won't infect anyone else should you still contract the flu.. no one will be able to stand your alluring aroma.

You need more than 2 liters of water a day, but also you need to add some sea salt, just a pinch, or you risk depleting your system of electrolytes unless you have enough salt in your diet. Eating jars of anchovies could help, and I am one of those freaks that loves those little fishy buggers on a nicely smothered in chilli pizza with anchovies.. and pineapple.

And no one wants to die of water toxicity trying to stave off gathering wood for the flue!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join