It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepping for the flue, what do I want

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So I stay inside for a week or two
Outside a big bag of Fisherman’s Friends what should I grab
Food, beans and flour?
Water, 2 litres a day?

Aspirins or something?

Any tips, what are the essentials for non preppers thinking of preparing

Overreacting?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Overreacting. The flu comes every year.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

A couple of cases of scotch and a big bag of dvds .

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
hand sanitizer at least 70% alcohol, some masks wouldn't hurt, a good set of glasses to help protect the eyes closer they snug up to your skin the better.

be aware of the people around you keep space from large groups if possible extra water/food and some stuff to help with flu symptoms so you can still function if you get sick.

Oh and for gods sake dont go to work if you are sick, call whatever number they designated and go with it.

least that's my wag.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Some old fashion chicken noodle soup. Subscription to Netflix/Amazon Prove video.
Maybe some gummy bears, the good kind, Haribo.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Prepping for the flue, what do I want

Pills of all kinds. Mostly Valium to to take off the rough edges. And aspirin and Advil to put them back on.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Research scientist here! For the general population, a flu shot and good hand hygiene (hand washing and not touching face) is generally sufficient for an ordinary flu season. If you are an at risk individual or have a family member who is a health care provider, you can look into things like Phone Soap on Amazon (to clean cell phones after going out - though you could theoretically use Clorox wipes too) gloves, and masks (mostly for caring for a sick loved one, not for daily use). Wipe down doorknobs and surfaces daily.

If you mean in the case of catching the flu, pedialyte or Gatorade for hydration if needed - it’s good to have a just in case bottle of pedialyte, saltine crackers or chicken noodle soup, and some type of OTC fever reducer. Of course if you do get sick you should consult a medical professional, as antivirals could help if given early.

If you are asking about a pandemic rather than seasonal flu, keeping a good supply of water and emergency rations is a good idea. I suggest looking into what’s best for you - be it an emergency food bucket and bottled water or just canned food and a filtration system. N-95 or N-99 masks (get N-100s if you have the coin) if you want to get fancy.

CDC has resources posted on their website about how to prepare - though not ENTIRELY helpful.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Turmeric, activated with black pepper. Oregano oil. keep the pH of your body on the high side. Get at least 7-9 hours of sleep to keep your T-cell count high. Go to the hospital is you begin having breathing trouble, but not before, just in case you don't have the real deal Novel Corona, because there will likely be people there that do

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

G'day Ragsman,

Probably depends on your demographics mate. I live in the bush and have been progressively prepping since January. I have plenty of tank water and a flowing creek. But I would reply on more than two liters of water a day. Most days I'm drinking up to four. With rice noodles and flour I'd be adding another liter. I do have several packs of water.

My meds are 'off the shelf' mostly but enough for a while. Powdered milk and plenty of tinned stuff. If power goes I have a generator and enough fuel. Candles. Fire starters for my indoor fireplace and plenty of split wood. Lost a lot of my camping stuff in the bush fires so I've topped up on those items. Food is not only cans but packet stuff from 'cup' noodles and soup to pastas and dried packet feeds. Gas bottles and cookers both fixed and portable.

I also have chooks and daily supply of eggs. Pickled hard boiled.

I've bought disinfectants, gloves, some face masks and goggles if really needed out here.

2 vehicles including a cab 4 x 4 and dual axle trailer if needed to bug out but not anticipating that here as we are pretty well isolated after the fires. Couple of good large protective dogs, what more can I say. Enough to survive for a couple of months if needed.

Have been accruing slowly over the last 2 months. If not needed then I haven't wasted my time as we can use the stuff camping anyway. We'll see when winter hits.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

If i could star you twice i would

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CHECKING WITH A DOCTOR BEFORE ACTING ON ADVICE

For me:
Hydration #1
Ginger ale
and orange juice

edit on 22-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Turmeric, activated with black pepper.

Excellent tip -- the black pepper is often called "bioperine" on the bottle.

Oregano oil.

Olive leaf extract is another good natural antiviral. When I take oregano oil, I have to take it with milk or I get horrible indigestion.

Go to the hospital is you begin having breathing trouble, but not before, just in case you don't have the real deal Novel Corona, because there will likely be people there that do

Yeah... the hospital is the last place I'd want to be in a pandemic! But if necessary...

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I had a friend who was prepping for the apocalypse his whole life. He was unrelenting telling the year 2000 would be it. It would all come to and end. He died 10 years ago.

The point is it is more likely everyone reading this post will be long dead and gone before prepping ever matters.

edit on 22-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I had a friend who was prepping for the apocalypse his whole life. He was unrelenting telling the year 2000 would be it. It would all come to and end. He died 10 years ago.

The point is it is more likely everyone reading this post will be long dead and gone before prepping ever matters.

Restocking my shelves, prepping, just thinking ahead
I don’t like getting colds anytime, nothing wrong with stocking up a little more than usual in my opinion

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
My recommendation is, stay off the Internet and you will live a happy, healthy life.

As long as you don't live in a disgusting, dumpster fire of a place, like China, you'll be fine.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So I stay inside for a week or two
Outside a big bag of Fisherman’s Friends what should I grab
Food, beans and flour?
Water, 2 litres a day?

Aspirins or something?

Overreacting?

Isolation doesn't matter, simply because you will eventually need to go out and interact with other humans.

Let's face it, you need to contract it and live through it.

THAT being said, beef up your immune system and get some natural anti-virals.

VisitedByThem already laid that out so...

See you on the other side!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just got out of the hospital a few days ago. I had Flu-B, Strep, Pneumonia with Congestive Heart Failure. Heart is at 20% with a non functioning ventricle, so I found out, made for a slower than usual rebound I'm sure. Anyways, I wanted to crawl under a rock and die, had no idea I could have all that at once. Best I could tell you is lots of water, something with electrolytes is good, fruit, Broths and Soup, Tylenol and Aspirin.

The Flu sucks!

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Interesting, had a goosey at the concoction

I will have a go at that

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A couple of cases of scotch and a big bag of dvds .

I said prepping not making my breakfast

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The biggest issue is going to be a breakdown in supplies, we had flooding a few years ago and the trucks coudnt get in for a week, there was a huge run on the supplies and much of the shelves empty.

Having a few weeks or months of supplies just in case is smart, you can still use the stuff, just restock and rotate accordingly.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

all of my preps can be used during bad weather, power outages etc

You can prep without being one of those idiot doomsday preppers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join