It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus-Family-Friends Skeptics- How To Open their eyes!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
I don't think my own husband really realizes how bad this is even though I keep telling him. He has a conference to go to in Seattle next weekend so he's set to get onto a plane to a major city, stay in a hotel, then be in a room with 1000's of people from all over the US. He's flying out early to hang with one of his best friends and they will go out 2 nights in a row and party it up like they are still in college (my husband is 50) because that's what they do once a year..... He'll be in several Uber's..... Unless they cancel the conference before Thursday he's not really that concerned. Here he is typically not around a lot of people. He mostly works from home and we don't go out much. Our typical lifestyle is pretty "safe" and we live in a city that is very sprawled out so him leaving for Seattle next week has me very un

comfortable. He'll be gone for 5 days and this thing is really taking off so who knows what could happen.

To me that is not good news at all.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The people around me understand whats going on basically but feel it would be completely overwhelming in order to deal with it,to the point of paralysis.
lets face it,most of the western world have become institutionalized, we rely on the system
Makes me furious at our government tbh
For not making a proactive effort for the hardworking folks that line their pockets.
edit on 23-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: sirlancelot

It will run its course just like any other virulent strain that has emerged or managed to jump the species barrier to humans.

But it's not "The Stand" material.

Worst estimates place the mortality rate at 4%, probably more like 2%, which is around the mortality rate for any other flu-like ailment where old, infirm, infant or immune system compromised persons are concerned.

I agree, don't go off the rails here. If the US numbers are to be believed we got 35 cases and 11 of those are from the cruise ship. Keep an eye on it, slowly gather stuff if you are worried but just not seeing a spike here in the US yet. Take normal precautions hand sanitizers etc.

Of course, if they are lying to us we have likely been screwed anyway but I'm thinking worse case would be like the Swine flu.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I have found that the only thing that works makes them hate you lol. You have to be ok with it. Tell them that they should be ok, but that this is going to be like the Spanish flu in 1918 and this comes round every 100 years or so. But you'll be fine, nothing to worry about, we'll just pick up the pieces after the old, fat and sick people are dead and it'll all be grand, in fact it'll be a good thing, this will sort out everything we're doing wrong to the planet, we're going to have to eat local again because the supply chains will take years to start up again. We're going to stop cutting down rainforests, stop monocropping, go back to living off the land and solving our own problems locally.

By this stage they'll believe you, but hate you for being callous, but you can't have everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join