It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wuhan Coronavirus Symptoms at Onset

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
OK....we've all heard about colds and flus going around.
Some all start with a sore throat. Some with a runny nose.
I guess flus are the same....not all start with the same symptoms.

So...what are the symptoms people with the Wuhan Coronavirus?
Fever seems to be common....but when does it start?
And it gets into the lungs secondarily, it seems.

If anyone has links....I could not find any recently...to the symptoms at onset, that would be great.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Shortness of breath seems an important one, but like you said, this could be in a secondary stage. There is suspiciously little information concerning this wide-spread virus.

Somehow I feel like dizzyness is also an early symptom, but that's speculationn.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

This article on the BBC seems to say that fever indicates the start of it.

What is coronavirus and what are the symptoms?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I've been looking for the same information, and it's sparse. I did find this:

• Day 1: Patients run a fever. They may also experience fatigue, muscle pain, and a dry cough. A small minority of them may have had diarrhea or nausea one to two days before.
  • Day 5: Patients may have difficulty breathing — especially if they are older or have a preexisting health condition.
  • Day 7: This is how long it takes, on average, before patients are admitted to a hospital, according to the Wuhan University study.
  • Day 8: At this point, patients with severe cases (15%, according to the Chinese CDC) develop acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), an illness that occurs when fluid builds up the lungs. ARDS is often fatal.
  • Day 10: If patients have worsening symptoms, this is the time in the disease's progression when they're most likely to be admitted to the ICU. These patients probably have more abdominal pain and appetite loss than patients with milder cases. Only a small fraction die: The current fatality rate hovers around 2%.
  • ay 17: On average, people who recover from the virus are discharged from the hospital after two-and-a-half weeks.

A day-by-day breakdown of coronavirus symptoms shows how the disease, COVID-19, goes from bad to worse

And this:

What are the symptoms this coronavirus causes?
The virus can cause pneumonia. Those who have fallen ill are reported to suffer coughs, fever and breathing difficulties. In severe cases there can be organ failure. As this is viral pneumonia, antibiotics are of no use. The antiviral drugs we have against flu will not work. Recovery depends on the strength of the immune system. Many of those who have died were already in poor health.

What is coronavirus and what should I do if I have symptoms?

I can also find virtually nothing about how to take care of yourself if you should come down with the coronavirus. Lots and lots about protecting yourself and avoiding it, which is all fine and well, but nothing if that doesn't work.
edit on 22-2-2020 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So far, NCIP is the only complication specifically linked to the 2019 coronavirus. But researchers have seen the following complications in people who have developed a coronavirus:

Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
Irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
Cardiovascular shock
Severe muscle pain (myalgia)
Fatigue
Heart damage or heart attack

Healthline
edit on 22-2-2020 by Asgaard because: Spelling

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We are screwed. And I think it is intentional

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Basically, the symptoms vary per person, and are the same as any other cold or flu, also varying in intensity.
Apparently, some people have no symptoms, from what I’ve read.

I’ve just gotten over a cold/flu that has lasted almost a month, and my symptoms have been very similar to this new virus, but its not the new virus. I don’t usually get anything in my chest, this time there was a lot of congestion.
Also some bone pain that I’ve never felt before (ever).....

I need to get completely over this current flu/cold, before this new possible pandemic.

There is no way to tell what you’ve e got until an actual test is completed

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I have asthma that is triggered by an allergy to perfume.
Whenever someone's perfume bothers me,I start to choke
and cough.I had pneumonia 3 times one winter because of
perfume and my asthma.I ended up having to wear a mask
and using an inhaler when out in public.

I don't remember where I heard about this and I swear that it
works.I use organic honey,wild honey or raw honey,NOT the
honey in the bear bottle.I pour out honey into a large spoon
and splash some Tabasco sauce in it.I use it like cough syrup
and whenever I'm around someone with perfume.

I have not had to use my inhaler for at least 4 years now and
haven't been sick with any breathing issues.My guess is that
people should strengthen their immune system,use the honey
and Tabasco sauce,lots of vitamin C and probably self quarantine.
I am not a medical professional and have no medical degree.I can
only go by what has worked for me.One last thing...I also suggest
praying.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Normally, when I get the flu from a family member, I only feel like crap for about a day then I'm fine..

Fever, aches and pains, congestion normally breaks in about 24 hours.

I am wondering how I'll stand up against this new bug..

It's gotten out now, no stopping it really at this point and I have a feeling that at some point, everyone will get it.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Yeah, I get that.
But you often hear that a new variation of a cold starts with a sore throat, say, or a headache.
So, I wanted to know ho w this "novel" coronavirus "starts".

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I also read somewhere this morning, that people who smoke might be getting the most severe symptoms, as this takes hold in the lungs.

Smokers, this would be a good time to quit, your lungs need to be really healthy to have a better chance at surviving this thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Technically the mix is raw honey and cayenne pepper.

The capsaicin in peppers has a lot going on in terms of health benefits.

Tabasco would work as well since you have a good dose of capsaicin in the Tabasco.

If I was someone who was into natural or herbal cures I would start stocking up on anti-viral essential oils and teas.

And I am so I have.

This sounds like it's going to be a bumpy ride...

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

This new Coronavirus is scary - some people get it so mild that they just think they have a mild cold...the more I read up on it, the more variety of symptoms.

I hardly ever get sick, and this cold I’m getting over right now is hanging on. It hit a half dozen people where I work and a couple of them developed walking pneumonia and were treated at the hospital with antibiotics

And there’s no way that it’s the new virus...timing was wrong and there’s supposedly zero Coronavirus in Alberta, so far....

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I am glad that I found that recipe because it has been
a major blessing for me.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
www.scmp.com...

The directive reflected a growing consensus among Chinese medical experts that herbal medicine could and should play an important role in the fight against the coronavirus.
By Monday, the epidemic had killed more than 1,800 people, most of them in Hubei. The sheer number of patients has put enormous pressure on medical personnel and materials in the province, but inadequate herbal treatments for patients who initially had only mild symptoms might also be a reason.

Eat healthy, investigate herbal stuff.....

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I think the initial symptoms are general cold/flu type symptoms, and they vary from person to person like folks are saying.

I think the red flag symptom seems to be shortness of breath. I keep seeing it turn up over and over and it seems to develop about 5 to 8 days out in cases that end up needing medical care and support.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I think it is intentional

I've no doubt.

TPTB have been trying to reduce the human footprint on this rock for some time now. Their little efforts have faltered.

God help them when law and order break down. I'm going to find their vent holes and clog them up ... bury 'em down there.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

From what I can find the symptoms are the same as for other respiratory illnesses.
Ranging from mild to severe the symptoms include fever, coughing, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing and can begin in as few as two days to as many as fourteen days after exposure.
It appears that the weak and infirm are the most unfortunate of victims. Healthy people appear to be able to shake it off.
I have upped my vitamin intake and my use of hand sanitizers. I have never had the flu but I am also sixty two years old and I used to smoke. I do not know if there is any damage to my lungs from smoking. I quit eight years ago now.
There is currently no cases or suspected cases in my state but there is one in Raleigh North Carolina which is about six hours south of me.
This map shows suspected cases, ( there are only a few who have actually been confirmed here in the US and they all link to Wuhan Province in one or another.)
www.dailymail.co.uk...
scroll down

edit on 2222020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
I also read somewhere this morning, that people who smoke might be getting the most severe symptoms, as this takes hold in the lungs.

Smokers, this would be a good time to quit, your lungs need to be really healthy to have a better chance at surviving this thing.

I’m going the opposite direction than this. I’m smoking heavy to toughen, coat , & protect the lungs.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It's a good thing you quit smoking when you did.You
seem to be trying to protect yourself as much as you
can.Thanks for posting the link with these maps.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join