It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would history be like if Nuclear bombs did not exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
What would history be like if Nuclear bombs did not exist?

Invasion of Japan? Attacking Soviet Union a few years after the war? Mass invasion of China since opium wars agenda? Mass slaughter of India due to racial supremacy? Simply next American civil war with WW2-Cold war equipment? Invasion of Canada causing WW3 earlier on? Islamic conquest of the world with modern tech?

What do you think? We all know the world hasn't moved that much due to Nuclear bombs that can destroy and invading army.

edit on 21-2-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

5 million dead Japanese.
500k dead Americans.
500k dead Russians.

North and South Japan just like east and west Germany.

Hard to say after that.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

5 million dead Japanese.
500k dead Americans.
500k dead Russians.

North and South Japan just like east and west Germany.

Hard to say after that.

Russia's attempted take over of Europe. USA and 90% of Europe fighting the Russians. 10s of millions of casualties for the allies. 100s of millions of casualties for Russia. Russia is conquered, the allies led by the USA aren't those Germans blindly marching into Siberia. the allies have superior weaponry, tactics, Labor force, and know how.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Can't begin to guesstimate how many deaths but there sure as hell would have been more wars and subsequent casualties over the last 75 years than there has been.

edit on 21/2/20 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't have been born. My dad was half way to Japan, on an army transport ship when we dropped them. He was part of a planned land invasion of Japan. His ship turned and went around the pole while the fall out fell. His barracks were down the waterfront from the future failed Fukushima reactor.
He would have likely been killed if we didnt drop them.

I work for a Japanese company in California. Sometimes I wish we would have dropped more.

edit on 21-2-2020 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Same here. My Dad was in the Philippines and would have been part of the first wave to hit Japan. We expected 1 Million dead if that invasion had taken place. After the war we would have had more wars of greater magnitude because of no deterrent in place. The fact is that MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) worked. FYI the guy who came up with the idea was Hugh Everett, who was drummed out of the physics profession because his "Many Worlds" theory of physics was ridiculed.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Can't begin to guesstimate how many deaths but there sure as hell would have been more wars and subsequent casualties over the last 75 years than there has been.

for damn sure. mostly between USA and Russia. Korean war, Vietnam war, soviet invasion of Afghanistan, middle east conflicts etc... they would have probably resulted in a war or at least battles between the USA and Russian since both of us were "indirectly" directly involved in attacking each other indirectly

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think our teeth wouldn't be quite as white.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
What would the world look like without nuclear? How about more coal fired power plants more pollution. Nations would be going to war over natural resources to power power plants. Japan,France and other nation with limited resources would do what ever for power.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I think the majority of Europe and a significant proportion of the Japanese empire would have fallen to the Russians for a start after the demise of the axis powers.

The Middle East would also be a completely different kettle of fish down to Israel not existing in the same manner.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think the majority of Europe and a significant proportion of the Japanese empire would have fallen to the Russians for a start after the demise of the axis powers.

The Middle East would also be a completely different kettle of fish down to Israel not existing in the same manner.

Russia might have tried in Europe but the USA would have stomped them out. hell im sure Germany would have fought along the USA to keep out the Russians. all Russia had was masses and masses of bodies to throw into the war machine. the USA would have killed so many Russians per American lost, even the Russians would realize it wasn't feasible. and as i said, if the USA wanted to chase and conquer Russia it would have done so with relative ease. Russia was too weak to impose any threat to the USA until they got the bomb

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

i also don't see Russia meddling in Asia. most of its population and forces were concentrated on the Europe side. wsy way wsy too much land to traverse to provide adequate reinforcements or even necessary forces all while Russia was basically crippled. the only reason they supported the USA in Japan was that Russians are sore losers from the first Russo war and knew the USA would do 95% of the work

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Same here. My Dad was in the Philippines and would have been part of the first wave to hit Japan. We expected 1 Million dead if that invasion had taken place. After the war we would have had more wars of greater magnitude because of no deterrent in place. The fact is that MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) worked. FYI the guy who came up with the idea was Hugh Everett, who was drummed out of the physics profession because his "Many Worlds" theory of physics was ridiculed.

Perhaps we should have paid more attention to Oppenheimer.

While he was giving a lecture at Rochester University, during the question and answer period a student asked a question to which Oppenheimer gave a strangely qualified answer:

Student: “Was the bomb exploded at Alamogordo during the Manhattan Project the first one to be detonated?

Dr. Oppenheimer: “Well — yes. In modern times, of course.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

i don't mean to sound like im shooting down everyone one of your points. i like playing "what if" especially when my opinions differ from others. i totally agree with your middle east. all out war from all sides. east west north and south.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: schuyler

Perhaps we should have paid more attention to Oppenheimer.

While he was giving a lecture at Rochester University, during the question and answer period a student asked a question to which Oppenheimer gave a strangely qualified answer:

Student: “Was the bomb exploded at Alamogordo during the Manhattan Project the first one to be detonated?

Dr. Oppenheimer: “Well — yes. In modern times, of course.

interesting quote. detonated vs used... scary to think about

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thats a trip.

Maybe they were used thousands or millions of years ago

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
More or less cancer, vast areas still inhabitable. Likely no Hadron Collider, maybe Cali might not of become .....

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24964797]makemap[/po

We would be Speaking Japanese and Russian here in the Ex U.S. .

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: [post=24964797]makemap[/po

We would be Speaking Japanese and Russian here in the Ex U.S. .

that's a very far stretch, care to explain

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jgarc028

Geez , How Old are you Son ? Know Anything about Real History ? ......

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join