It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which of these physics mysteries probably won’t be solved?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxNocerino7
1.) A theory of everything

2.) Why the Arrow of Time goes the direction it is

3.) The mechanism which induced cosmic inflation

4.) The full size of the universe

5.) Why their is more matter than antimatter

6.) How the universe will die and if it actually will

7.) The cause of Dark Flow

8.) Solution to the Black Hole Information Paradox

9.) Do magnetic monopoles Exist?

10.) Do protons decay?

11.) What causes galaxies to rotate?

12.) A Unified brain processing theory (linking neuroscience to perception)

13.) The source of Ultra high energy cosmic rays

14.) Origin of magnetar Magnetic fields

15.) The source of Ultraluminous X-ray sources

Bonus: The creation of a gamma ray laser.

1.Theory of everything. Answer? Everything is. Solved.

2. Time flows foward because Space flows in one direction,but said direction changes according to your point in space at any given time.

3. Cosmic inflation was caused by the Big bang,and it starting Space moving away from it in all directions at the same time.
4. The universe is nearly infinite and will keep expanding until the universe ends. When it ends then you have your answer.
5. There is more VISIBLE matter but antimatter destroys regular matter and as such universally speaking it has to be lesser for regular matter to exist.
6. Universe will never die because its not alive. It will eventually end in entrophy and simply fade out of existence after it expands as far as it can.
7. dark matters gravity repulsion is dark flows cause.
8. information paradox? not solved till we can explore them.
9. Prolly,but we havent found them yet.
10. all matter decays eventually. energy eventually dissapates.
11. They rotate due to SPACE pushing on them against their inner black holes.
12. UBI theory? hive minds will be in the future
13. High rays come from a yet undiscovered layer of space prolly.
14 and 15.... im to tired lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxNocerino7

heres one for ya, where is the exact centre of the universe?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Where the devil lives.

Or God, if you're a 99%er

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

You are missing the most important one. What is the IT or mechanism and where is it located that decides something is being observed in a double slit type experiment in quantum mechanics?

Until we reveal how matter knows it's being observed everything else seems kind of meaningless in my opinion. All other problems seem pedestrian and just a question of finding the right mathematical equations that fit the observations or what we imagine is happening. Meanwhile, reality is changing right before our eyes or because of them!

Definitely one of the most fascinating phenomena to think and read about it. I wish more research went into this as well, it seems like a fundamental aspect of the nature of the Universe with enormous implications.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
who shot JR...? Unified Field Theory... I think it is an open ended question that self perpetuates infinity. The biggest big, the smallest small ? The concept of infinity and the meaning of contradictions.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
# 5

anti matter doesn't exist. It is a theory which is wrong.

I don't believe that at all, but I would be SHOCKED if it ever turned out Dark Matter/Dark Energy are what they think they are.

Also, I think the universe is sort of a fractal torus. I'm basing this purely on speculation and gut feelings.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
# 5

anti matter doesn't exist. It is a theory which is wrong.

Better tell the people who have created it and done experiments with it... Look up the ALPHA experiment... they do a pretty good job of creating Anti-Hydrogen and do measurements with it.

BUT sure its a theory coz you say it is and are ignorant of the actual current state of play

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just to point out the state of play of some of these... since some of them are not as mysterious as you might think.

originally posted by: MaxNocerino7
5.) Why their is more matter than antimatter

Physicists are working on this, there are two possible solutions to this. CP-violation in the neutrino sector, which has the potential to be stronger than it is in the quark sector. Leptogenesis in which matter vs anti-matter reactions / decay proceed at different rates is 'easy' to get to work on paper. The key point is to prove the measurement of strong enough CP violation via neutrino oscillation experiments.

Neutrinos being a Majorana particle, ie its own anti-particle, which can mediate neutrinoless double beta decay. If this is the case, it allows a pathway in the early universe to give more matter than anti-matter.

10.) Do protons decay?

Not as far as we have been able to measure, the current limit on the measurement is many many times the age of the current universe, so... id hazard a guess no they dont, or if they do, it won't be of much importance to us really.

13.) The source of Ultra high energy cosmic rays

Ultra high energy cosmic rays have been connected, or pointed back to known compact objects or active galactic nuclei, the issue is of how rare such cosmic rays are. We are not totally in the Dark though we do have several experiments around the world able to look at such things and map sources in the sky. The best working theory is bow shock acceleration in the extreme environment around compact stellar objects

14.) Origin of magnetar Magnetic fields

Magnetars are Neutron stars with magnetic fields on the stronger end of the spectrum. Given that neutron rich nuclear material tends to be capable of magnetism, and the material theorized to be within and surrounding Neutron stars is neutron and electron rich, and rotating to boot, the fact these objects are magnetic in an extreme way i don't think is at all a mystery.

15.) The source of Ultraluminous X-ray sources

Compact binaries involving one degenerate star are known to produce strong X-ray sources. These ones are obviously different, however there are many working models that can give good determination of what they are. They are likely to be produced by accretion of material onto a intermediate mass black-hole, not quite super massive blackhole but some thing in between stellar and supermassive... like an old galactic core that was absorbed into another galaxy and yet the blackholes have not yet combined

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

heres one for ya, where is the exact centre of the universe?

Oh, I already know that one. It's right here. Literally right here. If I had a super duper rocket ship that could travel at nearly infinite speed, it will take me exactly the same amount of time to get to the edge of the universe no matter which direction I take off in. Therefore, I'm at the center. Everything expanded out from this point.

The fun thing is, when I get to the outside edge of the universe, it will also be the same as the starting point of the Big Bang. It all curves back into itself. It's a neat trick.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
Also, I think the universe is sort of a fractal torus. I'm basing this purely on speculation and gut feelings.

Yes, with the fractals representing various dimensions that keep curving in on themselves internally and externally at every point.
edit on 21-2-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join