It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Bolton just trashed Democrats and their impeachment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Remember how the House Democrats were trying to force the senate to call Bolton as a witness, because his testimony was supposed to be damning to Trump?

Yeah, about that...

Jo hn Bolton: Impeachment was ‘Grossly Partisan,’ My Testimony Wouldn’t Have Affected Trump Acquittal

Former national security advisor John Bolton criticized the House Democrats’ impeachment effort against President Donald Trump as “grossly partisan” and said his testimony would have still resulted in the president’s acquittal.

Speaking Wednesday at Vanderbilt University alongside Susan Rice, former national security advisor under President Barack Obama, Bolton condemned House Democrats for what he described as “impeachment malpractice” and speculated that the proceedings “drove Republicans who might have voted for impeachment away because it was so partisan.”

“People can argue about what I should have said and what I should have done,” Bolton said. “I would bet you a dollar right here and now, my testimony would have made no difference to the ultimate outcome.”

If you recall, Bolton was one of numerous White House officials who assumed the hold on aid was related to Burisma, but didn't actually know anything about the matter.
edit on 20-2-2020 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Man he really wants them to let him publish that book.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I think that you hit the nail on the head with that remark. He is seeing that the Dems are not going to follow through with their promise to make him rich with the book.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I would imagine that statement comes as a direct response to Susan Rice's tongue lashing.

John Bolton rebuked for withholding Trump testimony in new public event www.theguardian.com...

Bolton, speaking alongside Susan Rice at a lecture series at Vanderbilt University, was taken to task by his co-speaker, who served as national security adviser under Barack Obama.

Rice criticized Bolton for refusing to testify before the House of Representatives during the impeachment hearings. It later emerged that Bolton has documented, in a forthcoming book, evidence regarding Trump and Ukraine that Democrats had sought him to provide on the record.

“I can’t imagine withholding my testimony with or without a subpoena,” Rice said at the Vanderbilt event

edit on 20-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I await his book with interest , should it ever come out.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I would imagine that statement comes a direct response to Susan Rice's tongue lashing.

John Bolton rebuked for withholding Trump testimony in new public event www.theguardian.com...

Bolton, speaking alongside Susan Rice at a lecture series at Vanderbilt University, was taken to task by his co-speaker, who served as national security adviser under Barack Obama.

Rice criticized Bolton for refusing to testify before the House of Representatives during the impeachment hearings. It later emerged that Bolton has documented, in a forthcoming book, evidence regarding Trump and Ukraine that Democrats had sought him to provide on the record.

“I can’t imagine withholding my testimony with or without a subpoena,” Rice said at the Vanderbilt event

Funny how the same story can be accented in different ways.

I'll go for 'The Guardian's' take on it.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Rebuked by that lying sack of Rice?

Look, I have no respect for that globalist Bolton, but to be rebuked by lying rice must be some sort of hypocrisy award for irony.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Nevertheless, it appears that she got under that coward Bolton's skin, and yours too!

Kudos to Susan Rice!

edit on 20-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Yea exactly. I think this is one of the problems Trump has. He doesn't always hire the best people for the job but rather someone who he thinks will be loyal.

Bolton was and has always been a warhawk hack.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Remember how Bolton was called to testify?

He didn't appear.

So, his testimony, that may have cleared Trump, wasn't given.

Trump was impeached.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I would imagine that statement comes as a direct response to Susan Rice's tongue lashing.

Who is Susan Rice and why should I care ?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Remember how Bolton was called to testify?

He didn't appear.

So, his testimony, that may have cleared Trump, wasn't given.

Trump was impeached.

The impeachment was partisan and predetermined before any hearings. No testimony would have stopped trump being impeached. It was inevitable since the midterms.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I await his book with interest , should it ever come out.

I'll wait for it to hit the Dollar Store.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Very rich Clinton/Obama crony. You shouldn't care what she says. Nobody should.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Very rich Clinton/Obama crony. You shouldn't care what she says. Nobody should.

You shouldn't tell people how to think, after all there's no bigger telling of porkies than that which comes out of Trump's orifice...day in day out.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

The queen of illegal unmasking of Americans in order to spy on them.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So we can expect Susan Rice to hit the talk show circuits about how she defrauded the public regarding Benghazi being about protesting a YouTube video? And of course the testimony as to whether Obama or Hillary told her to push it?

I’m not gonna hold my breath.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Defrauded?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

Nevertheless, it appears that she got under that coward Bolton's skin, and yours too!

Kudos to Susan Rice!

Rice got under my skin?
LMAO, sorry cupcake, your premature gratification is yet another symptom of chronic progressive assumptive disorder.
Often a side effect of TDS.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I would imagine that statement comes a direct response to Susan Rice's tongue lashing.

Funny how the same story can be accented in different ways.

I'll go for 'The Guardian's' take on it.

The Guardian is as much a left wing rag as any other msm rag. Nice to know your prefence though

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join