It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albert M. Chop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Al Chop (1916 - 2006?) was a USAF spokesman at the time Donald Keyhoe was investigating the UFO phenomenon in the late 1940s and early 1950s. Keyhoe mentioned him several times in his books.

Chop went on to work for other organizations, among them, NASA.

What interests me is that I'm just about certain I saw a record for the burial of Al Chop on the internet site "Find A Grave".

That record appears to be gone now. But that's not all.

An internet site with reasonably complete records of who was assigned social security numbers also documents birth and death dates.

Al Chop cannot be located on that site ... as if he never had an SSN. This is the URL.

Seems a bit curious. I have the impression that some of the records of his life have been scrubbed from the internet. But why?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Lots of information about his career here, including letters and video - Albert M. Chop Biography

Albert M. Chop began his career as a newspaper reporter in Dayton, Ohio. Following World War II he went to work for the Press Section of the Air Material Command (AMC) at Wright-Patterson AFB.

Chop was initially very skeptical of UFOs, but after being promoted to Chief of the Press Section at AMC he had a change of mind. By then he had an opportunity to talk to top government officials who had become convinced that many UFO sightings represented very real craft of unknown origin...

Letters from Albert M. Chop to Maj. Donald Keyhoe, and Henry Holt & Company regarding UFO cases released by the Air Force (1953) - www.nicap.org...

He seems an interesting chap, I'm off to go through it all, thanks for the heads-up!

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Chop was a top chap and was jokingly referred to as one of the Pentagon's 'last honest men' -here he is discussing military UFO encounters and there's a link below to his 'Clearance list' which was secured by Chop for Major Keyhoe.

"You must remember that I was privy to the project files. These contained hundreds of official reports of UFO encounters made by military personnel from all branches of the service. They were all classified with a high degree of security classification. Almost all of these made pretty scary reading from the verbatim descriptions of the pilots concerned" 

Albert M. Chop, Air Force UFO Public Information Officer at the Pentagon

Chop Clearance List

Cheers.

join