It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg Tax conundrum......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It appears Mike Bloomberg isn't interested in turning over his tax returns, or even filling out all the appropriate financials to run for president. Now I would be a hypocrite for asking for them, but by default, wouldn't that logically state that those who continue to call for Trumps taxes, but offer Mikey a pass, would be "that guy"?

Signed,

Puzzled in Pittsburgh

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Blatant hypocrisy isn't considered a weakness by the left.

After all, it's not like they are embarrassed or ashamed by being a hypocrite.

They consider it a super-power.

It allows them to accomplish things politically that they couldn't otherwise do in a polite society.

By Any Means Necessary.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Bloompie doesn't have to make them public, but he does have to turn them in to the appropriate agencies.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Bloompie doesn't have to make them public, but he does have to turn them in to the appropriate agencies.

Might look a little funny if he does....

2018. Line item. 1.2 billion dollars funneled through various unions and Democratic PACs to heavily influence the 2018 elections.

2019. Line Item. 700 million dollars spent to advance state-level elections (see. Virginia) to heavily influence gun control laws.

2020. Line Item. 10 million dollars to Bernie Sanders investments to get to a brokered convention.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
He doesn't get a pass. IMO, no one running for the OO, Senate or Congress should get a pass on tax records going public. It should be one of our more stringent methods for assuring we're not putting kickback-happy corrupt folks in charge.

And I will NOT change my mind on that stance. Bright lights and microscopes can make even the most crooked squirm right out of a race if we commit to it.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
I'm all for any and all elected official to publish their tax return yearly that way they can't hide going in broke and becoming millionaires off inside trading.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Like everything else political, it only becomes “newsworthy” if it’s covered in the news.
As long as the majority of the media selectively reports “news”,
nothing will come of this, either.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I can't find info about this, can you share a source? I'm finding articles from January stating Bloomberg will release his tax returns and plans to sell his company if elected (not that he'll get elected, and not that Google searches are unbiased... but can't find a link to support what you're saying

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
here is the thing. according to law he doesn't have to show tax returns. but since he is running as a democrat, and they have been screaming for years that Trump must show his tax returns. then he should have to show his tax returns, just to get the democrat nomination. that would deal with any hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Moved to debate thread

edit on 19-2-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Did you see this on the debate stage, or do you need me to link it?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A typical politician's tax return is not going to show how much they really earn. Kickbacks and under the table money is hidden in foundations and who knows what else. Billionaires aren't likely to hide the money but they sure have good accountants that find ways to declare as little as possible.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Might look a little funny if he does....

2018. Line item. 1.2 billion dollars funneled through various unions and Democratic PACs to heavily influence the 2018 elections.

2019. Line Item. 700 million dollars spent to advance state-level elections (see. Virginia) to heavily influence gun control laws.

2020. Line Item. 10 million dollars to Bernie Sanders investments to get to a brokered convention.

Don't forget all of the lawyers in some States Attorney General's Offices that he's paying for to advance a "Climate Change Agenda)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Tax returns are just a way to get stupid people to scream.

Trump doesn't have to show his tax returns; Bloompa-Loompa doesn't have t show his tax returns; Fauxcahontas doesn't have to show her tax returns; BootyJuice doesn't have to show his tax returns; the Bern-man doesn't have to show his tax returns; Klobber-chair doesn't have to show her tax returns... the only reason this is even an issue is because someone in the MSM thinks it's funny to get people to call for useless stuff.

These people are all wealthy. They do not file using Form 1040EZ or 1040A even. They all have skilled accountants who spend a lot of time maximizing those returns for the benefit of whoever is named at the top. When a return gets this big and this complex, almost every line item is chosen not by life or the payee, but by whatever makes the return look better. Was that $50 million payment from the company officer compensation, dividends, salary, or payment for services? It depends on what saves money. The category most financial incomes fall into are determined by the company disbursing them, and Bloompa-Loompa owns the company!

The tax returns tell you nothing the preparer doesn't want them to tell you. You can get just an accurate an answer by asking them.

People need to figure this out. There's a lot more important than tax returns... policies, personality, experience, honesty... but no, no, no, CNN told me to ask for tax returns! That other stuff doesn't matter...

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
He doesn't get a pass. IMO, no one running for the OO, Senate or Congress should get a pass on tax records going public. It should be one of our more stringent methods for assuring we're not putting kickback-happy corrupt folks in charge.

And I will NOT change my mind on that stance. Bright lights and microscopes can make even the most crooked squirm right out of a race if we commit to it.

I disagree it should be made 'public', but, assuming this is limited to only their tax records for their time spent in office, I do believe it should be made available to certain unbiased oversight/watchdog groups, that must sign major NDAs that come with criminal penalties for violating said agreements without a court allowing it.

Also, I would argue that all of their finances and financial transactions and records should be included, during this same period. No more 'enter office with nothing/very little, leave 4 (or 40) years later multi-millionaires)'...
edit on 24-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

top topics

join