It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon man breaks quarantine to come home

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: KTemplar

It's horrible, absolutely horrible, but what choice is there?

They ask people to please wear masks and self quarantine. I think both of those things are reasonable considering.

exactly, and like i have stated before, there is absolutely no way that i could in good conscience take that chance if its possible I was infected.

And this guy flew two different places before getting his flight back home, potentially exposing every single person the whole way, including women and children.

I just cant fathom that thought process

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

It's horrible, absolutely horrible, but what choice is there?

They ask people to please wear masks and self quarantine. I think both of those things are reasonable considering.

I agree! I cannot fathom why people go outside there without a mask on!

(post by tanstaafl removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
Just to play devils advocate, dont come down too hard on me , try to envision this Scenario:
What if you where on that cruise , the ship gets parked in international waters because nobody wants to take in infected people.
Then they stop supplying the ship with water and food.
Then what ?

This is called a "what if" scenario and really doesn't apply to the situation. Why would supplies to the ship be shut off causing desperate people to row ashore in lifeboats and scatter into the countryside? They were not being shut off. One self-important jerk decided that he was far too important to wait for testing and took it on himself to break quarantine and endanger the rest of the world. Lift his passport and toss him into a 30 day quarantine, in leg irons, in case he tries to run.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Thanks for your service, Jerry. With the ops tempo of recent years, I bet you forgot what it feels like to sit on a bar stool!

Cheers

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This was the proverbial Voyage of the Damned ship everyone kept freaking out about & turning away from ports for weeks, right?

I think if there were going to be Typhoid Mary type people coming off that boat, we'd have seen it well ahead of time by now within the confines of the ship, ripping through it like the wildfire people claim it is. The fact it hasn't speaks volumes.

The guy broke quarantine, so he does need a good reaming for it, but it doesn't need to be particularly harsh, considering the lack of anything actually cropping up on board yet. Unless I missed something in the local news somewhere, that's always a possibility.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: SailorJerry
a reply to: tanstaafl
So you believe that NOT exposing everyone else to a virus you might have is "herd" mentality? Thats a really really sad way to look at the situation.

You are assuming he 'exposed everyone else' to a virus.

You apparently are of the mistaken belief that I condone or even applaud his decision.

I said I can understand not wanting to be trapped there.

Get a grip.
edit on Wed Feb 19 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Go after the ball not the player.

Why take a chance, when over 300 million Americans may have to pay for your foolish behavior He should be arrested and quarantined for 23 days, then jailed for at least 6 months minimum for his crime. He needs to be made an example of. If he turns up positive and spreads it. People who got it from him should sue him for everything hes got.

There is a good possibility that all of our lives are about to change. If it hits us hard, it will lead to a market crash, millions dead, and a financial collapse of this nation. China is in serious trouble, and things are only getting worse

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's not known yet, because again, the testing hasn't been completed yet and the results aren't back

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I'm guessing his speech would be 'how to get a darwin award 101'

this may seem harsh, but he should've been shot on sight as a preemptive strike. Firstly he put hundreds of lives-which could turn into thousands-at risk.

What a selfish and foolish thing to do, quarantine the guy and refuse treatment, firstly it will determine if he is infected, secondly if he then he should spend a very very long time in prison. If this dude is indeed infected, and leads to many deaths, his back will be against the wall, and that's where the darwin award comes in and we come full circle.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
if an infection is traced to him because he violated quarantine he should be charged with public endangerment at least.

Not sure what else but if they dont hammer someone early on it could bite them if we reach a point they are trying to contain it here at home.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Why take a chance, when over 300 million Americans may have to pay for your foolish behavior He should be arrested and quarantined for 23 days, then jailed for at least 6 months minimum for his crime. He needs to be made an example of. If he turns up positive and spreads it. People who got it from him should sue him for everything hes got.

What if a lot of elderly people die from him, that could be manslaughter.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

a reply to: visitedbythem

What if a lot of elderly people die from him, that could be manslaughter.

I think if anyone gets infected, dead or not and it can be traced back to him, he should be charged w something and do some time.

Sure make that 5 star hotel he was in look real nice from the inside of a jail block

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

ENOUGH!

This thread will not devolve into bickering.
Post to the topic only.

Go after the ball not the player.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.
And Post bans will be next.....

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Wed Feb 19 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Has anyone considered he could have done his "show" remotely from his 5-star hotel? There's this thing called technology, that allows a person to present themselves, lets call it telecommute, from one location to another electronically and safely.

Nahhhh....too logical. It's much better to panic and risk the lives of countless others because of "feelz".

SMFH

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Unbelievable.

Why are these people being allowed re-entry? Deny them entry

Shouldn't be able to put the rest of us in danger. Just like that one who lied about being asymptomatic so she and her kid could board an airplane home. Why on Earth are we taking people at their word?
edit on 2/19/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Unbelievable.

Why are these people being allowed re-entry? Deny them entry

Shouldn't be able to put the rest of us in danger. Just like that one who lied about being asymptomatic so she and her kid could board an airplane home. Why on Earth are we taking people at their word?

See my answer above, cuz of the "feelz".

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Hey at least in China they arent outright killing the families off with it like in North Korea. Or maybe they are killing them off since they are acting like that.

It a shame that the chinese lost containment of their created virus before it was perfected to target everyone but chinese.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Deplorable
I'm home sick since last Wednesday. Wife's got it too.

Simple deduction: it's contagious.

Called the boss. "Do you want me to come to work and spread this stuff around? It's pretty horrible."

Boss says, "Nope. Thanks for asking."

Question is, "When am I no longer contagious?"

I know who I got it from. Was quite surprised he was contagious when he brought it into my house. He'd been past the worst of it for maybe two or three weeks.

What are you talking about? Sick with what?

Something ... I don't know.

Do you not want to go to the doc and see if it's the flu? Seems like it might be a good idea to just check

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join