It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gets credit for the economy Trump or Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
markets.businessinsider.com...

"Did you hear the latest con job? President Obama is now trying to take credit for the Economic Boom taking place under the Trump Administration," Trump tweeted.

It's funny the older you get the more you see this.
I'm not going to say who I think get's the credit but I like to hear from members here and why.

For those that say no president gets a fresh start, remember you can't pick and choose.
If that is the case it goes both ways.

+37 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Trump gets the credit, because if the economy was tanking, he'd get the blame.

QED

/thread

+29 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Obama's policies and failures were not "economy friendly" despite what Democrats dream up and the lies they concoct 😎

+35 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

+36 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I work in the employment industry dealing with business owners every day.

Obama was a cancer on the economy.

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
President Obama has forgotten his own words when he said, "You didn't build that".

Mr. Obama, you didn't build this either.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Remember how the stock market soared to new highs after Trump was elected. Obama said jobs were not coming back. Soooooo......

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

i think for the first maybe 1.5/2 years of the current administration the previous president can rightfully take some credit for the momentum... like a 60/40 split. after that i would say its all on the current administration... anything after the first 3 years its almost pathetic for the previous administration to claim credit for it... especially when the current administration repeals like everything the previous one did.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Obama clearly stated jobs were not coming back and unemployment was never going to get as low as it is now so it's not his economy. His economy he said that was not going to happen. It was the "magic wand" comment he made about Trump.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Neither get credit. A President only has a small input in the economy. They can set a positive tone and say things that support a positive mood that improves the economy.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

That's pretty much it right there.
It's more than policy.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

i think for the first maybe 1.5/2 years of the current administration the previous president can rightfully take some credit for the momentum... like a 60/40 split. after that i would say its all on the current administration... anything after the first 3 years its almost pathetic for the previous administration to claim credit for it... especially when the current administration repeals like everything the previous one did.

I am right there with you. Obviously there is some slight overlap, 1.5 years might even be too generous, maybe 6-8 months.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Neither get credit. A President only has a small input in the economy. They can set a positive tone and say things that support a positive mood that improves the economy.

I think that tone can move mountains. Look at Kennedy!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
With the caveats that

A. Politicians generally have less impact on the economy that most people (including said politicians) think.
B. US system means presidents have far from total control of economic leavers.
C. Economies do not magically reset when presidents change.

That said presidents get blame & credit for what happens under their watch.

The economy did OK under Obama with extended period of improvement by almost all metrics. It could have done better but there was a long period of continued growth.

The economy under Trump has ,so far, continued to do well and by most metrics is same or slightly better than the end of the Obama one.

Not an economic miracle but a good performance.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
meh
obama took credit for the nba all star game in chicago this past weekend
he lives in an imaginary world

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The turning point was around 2011.

Stock market:

Median household income:

Jobs:

Black unemployment:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
As a former military officer I take the stance of whatever happened on my watch happened on my watch. No excuses. If I turned something around and the oncoming officer had uncommon success with the unit I would not take credit for it.

End of the day Obama lost all three branches counting backing Hillary. It was a referendum on the job he was doing. Trump being elected was the ultimate slap in the face. He was a horrible President. Almost everything he ran on never happened. Gitmo still open, no new NAFTA, no Green Jobs, could not keep your doctor, tried to stop Brexit, ISIS grew...failure after failure.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
The turning point was around 2011.

Stock market:

Median household income:

Jobs:

Black unemployment:

Your first chart is intentionally misleading. The scale in the y axis is scrunched up so it makes the growth from 2016 appear less visually.

In other words, it is trying to hide the explosive stock market gains under trump and make the growth look more in line with the Obama trend.
edit on 18-2-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2020 by Edumakated because: Because

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Nether.

The economy is a global experience that one man couldn't possibly influence the way they claim they do.

Don't be a sucker.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

edit on 18-2-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join