It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encoding problems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I have just begun to see this message (on Firefox);
"Content Encoding Error. The page you are trying to view cannot be shown, because it uses an unsupported form of compression"
Whatever I was trying to do works at the second attempt.
Are site adjustments taking place?
edit on 18-2-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

If you are a technical type, you can install fiddler 4 from telerik to inspect the traffic for a better understanding. My guess is compression is not enabled in apache or it is but server is overloaded.

This has also been a long standing error in firefox when i searched it. This wp site has a suggestion if you havent tried it yet.

wp site

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander
Perhaps I was a little ambiguous. I meant "I keep seeing it on ATS (and by the way,I'm using Firefox"
Sinve further odd things are now happening, I'll assume site maintenance.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Try taking a look here ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru
Doing work on the site implies wanting to keep it. Otherwise they would not bother.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just to let it be know i have been getting the same issue in the past few hours, encoding problems. All good before then. Using firefox as well. Reloading the page helps fix it.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Nah, i get ya. What version firefox and what OS? I want to see if i can reproduce the issue.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander
I'm on Windows 10. I don't know the version of Firefox, but it updates automatically and frequently, so probably the latest. I found a "what's new" page dated 7th of January.

Earlier in the day I tried Explorer, and got absolutely no ATS display at all. Now Explorer at least is running ATS normally. What I'm getting on Firefox now is an abnormal and inconvenient display.
This suggests to me that ATS was receiving some management tinkering, which has been sorted out as regards some browsers, but still needs work as regards engaging with Firefox.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just a reminder; after the teething troubles of yesterday, Firefox users still haven't got back the familiar and user-friendly display. For the moment, I am grudgingly using Explorer.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I'd like to report, with gratitude, that my "normal view" on Firefox has just come back.
Hooray!

edit on 6-3-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:01 AM
link   
SPAM
edit on 1/15/2023 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join