It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nascar Driver Ryan Newman Involved In Scary Crash At The Daytona 500

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I didn't see this LIVE, but just now read about it. The Daytona was delayed until 4 p.m. today, due to heavy rain stopping the race on Sunday. It was a tragic wreck and it sent Newman's car airborne, before it erupted into flames after hitting the track. Damn, did it look bad. Video is below.

A wild ending to Monday's 62nd running of the Daytona 500 featured a scary accident involving driver Ryan Newman near the finish line. As Denny Hamlin celebrated his win in NASCAR's marquee season-opening race, Newman was quickly transported to a hospital after a very serious wreck.

The car briefly caught on fire before it was extinguished by track personnel. Newman needed to be extracted from the vehicle before being loaded into an ambulance and transported to a nearby hospital. According to WFTV, black screens were put up around the crash site to keep fans from seeing Newman get pulled out of the car and put on a stretcher.

www.cbssports.com...

There are people and news crews waiting outside of Halifax Hospital for news about Ryan Newman.

LIVE FEEDS:
www.wftv.com...
www.facebook.com...

JUST IN: He's alive! Just heard it on Nascar. Thank God. He's listed in serious condition.

edit on 2/17/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I saw it live.
Didn’t think anyone could make it out of that alive.
Good news.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Just heard that he is in stable condition. No word on exact injuries or any other info. Prayers for a quick recovery.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Saw it live, glad he will pull through. He is very lucky, from the coverage, I was reminded of Dale.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Saw it live as well. I'm glad he survived that crash, it's going to be a long recovery from the sounds of it.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

Saw it live, glad he will pull through. He is very lucky, from the coverage, I was reminded of Dale.

To be upside down and get rammed again and flipped he is very lucky..

not to mention he was leading who was that gave him the nudge first look it was a questionable move.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What the rival driver did was illegal. He tried to murder him or maybe succeeded i haven't checked deaths on wikipedia today.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

To be upside down and get rammed again and flipped he is very lucky..

not to mention he was leading who was that gave him the nudge first look it was a questionable move.

That rival driver i forgot his name should be sued or worse for what he did. It was attempted murder.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Just saw it now, me too.

Glad he looks to be okay.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I remember when Dale Earnhardt died. I am no NASCAR fan, and I just happened to be flipping past at the exact moment of that wreck. I recall thinking it looked like it could have been bad, and hear the news later on.

I am glad that particular wreck turned out much better for Newman. It's a morbid thing to happen to see something like that.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

9 Second mark..tell us how you really feel. Crashes and excitement!!

NASCAR is dead. When your entire sport revolves around driving in a circle for 4 hours, of course your hoping for a crash.

It's the same as watching the Westminster dog show...just hoping a prized poodle takes a grumpy on the floor.

You know..to add some excitement.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

You have to give it to the engineers that make walking away from crashes like that possible....

If you have a macabre side go look up videos of F1 or Indy car crashes, particularly in the 60s/70s. Not pretty. Or worse, Isle of Man TT motorcycle crashes.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It was Ryan Blaney. He was trying to push him, like they had been doing all race, but Newman was loose from trying to block him after he had a great run trying to get around him.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yea you can do that when you got a train and they are a little bit locked in but when somebody just zigged down you can't tap them immediately, they are gonna get loose

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
We saw the crash in slomo .
If they had not done the soft walls, Ryan would be talking to Dale right now.
The impact was amazing, and then the car hits the LaJoie car on the driver's side!!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

He was already loose from blocking, but with the run Ryan had there was nowhere for him to go but to try to push him.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Saw it live too.
Was heartsick to watch.
No driver no matter how much they want to win would wreck anyone on purpose like that.
Blaney was trying to push him to victory lane. Post race interview he was shook up. Obviously.
Thank god Ryan made it out alive. Been a fan over 2 decades and although yes crashes add to the excitement, nobody ever wishes harm on a driver. Even a rival.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I've read he is alert and talking.
Anyone seen the extent of his injuries??

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

They haven't released anything yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RamsesOzymandias
What the rival driver did was illegal. He tried to murder him or maybe succeeded i haven't checked deaths on wikipedia today.

Comments like this are irresponsible and disgusting. Blaney, Newman and Hamlin were all racing to the finish line. Hamlin was able to push Blaney but he wasn't able to stay up with him in order to get the air and pass him. Blaney knew this and also knew he wouldn't be able to pass Newman in such a short distance so he was pushing Newman to beat Hamlin to the finish line. Their bumpers didn't line up right with the cars moving around and it triggered the wreck. Sh9t happens on the race track at 200mph, that's all this was, nothing more. Period. End of story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join