It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plymouth Rock Vandalized

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Reading the tweets, there are literal morons who think this graffiti was okay because of actions done hundreds of years ago.

One moron tweeted,

I fully support this graffiti. When you steal land at gunpoint from people expect there to be issues.

I support the graffiti.

The white supremacist landed on Plymouth Rock and caused unnecessary chaos. I wish someone destroys that rock and all those statues there.

Some of these people are dumb. Literally DUMB, how they operate within society is a mystery.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
But who's against American history and the police and commits crime to show it?
🤔

Seeing as the graffiti says 508c NOIR Star I'm fairly certain it's a bunch of feral kids in a street gang.

Or it could be graffiti aimed against 508c web accessibility laws or 508c safety for industrial equipment laws.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I thought it read "508.MOF" and likely a graffiti tag or perhaps a gang tag. I did a search of Plymouth Mass gangs and didn't find any gang's with a similar name, perhaps it is a new gang making their mark. 508 is the area code for Plymouth Massachusetts, so likely a gang tag.

My guess is it was a few teenagers between 12 and 16 years old, who live a mile or two within the area, and were just making their mark, not a political statement. If it was political, they would have made that clear.

Two of my ancestors arrived on the Mayflower. Seems like I should care more, but it's just kid vandals getting their kicks, so not a big deal IMO.
edit on 18-2-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

On a second glance your right there
It's either MOB or MOF, what I thought was a lower case c could either be . or , as the grafitti is so poor. Wasn't aware 508 was the area code so makes sense it being a young teen gang.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
"originally posted by: sine.nomine
But who's against American history and the police and commits crime to show it?"

A Native American?

I'm a native American... what does that have to do with anything?

But it is more likely to be a stupid youth with a spray can.

True...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have visited Plymouth, a beautiful seaside town rich in history and beauty,
It saddened me when I read the news of it being spray painted.

There was more vandalism as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

The vandals should be shot.

It would teach the next group what happens if they try something stupid.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: chr0naut
"originally posted by: sine.nomine
But who's against American history and the police and commits crime to show it?"

A Native American?

I'm a native American... what does that have to do with anything?

It probably doesn't but the European invasion of your country and open warfare against the local natives, despite the treaty with the Wampanoag, and the assistance rendered, might be a motivator for someone to deface a symbol of that invasion.

King Philip's War
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But it is more likely to be a stupid youth with a spray can.

True...

Far more likely to be a disaffected youth.

edit on 18/2/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read new threads.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

The vandals should be shot. It would teach the next group what happens if they try something stupid.

I've never liked taggers. They turn ordinary neighborhoods into garbage. I once thought that maybe putting a bounty on their spray painting fingers (maybe $100 a finger) would discourage them. But they'd just figure out some other way to do it. It's about attention and drug money, and missing a few fingers probably wouldn't stop them.

P.S. -- So I don't know what their political affiliation would be. Whichever supports vandalism and getting high, I guess. So, Libertarians?
edit on 18-2-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

You'd only need to shoot 3 maybe 4 of them before the rest got the message.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Blue Shift

You'd only need to shoot 3 maybe 4 of them before the rest got the message.

That's one theory. If nothing else, like capital punishment it would certainly reduce recidivism.

I actually thought things improved around L.A. when they started billing the tagger's parents for the cost of the clean-up and any fines, which sometimes could be very significant. Let moms and pops beat they ass. I don't know what ever happened to that program. Probably deemed un-Constitutional, because of all the Constitution lovers out there.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
In the military, back when, the penalty for purposely defacing public or government property, most likely involved a toothbrush and abrasive powder.... for months.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join