It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia lawmakers reject Northam's assault-weapons ban

page: 1

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

A bill backed by Gov. Ralph Northam that would ban the sale of assault-style weapons in Virginia failed on a committee vote Monday morning, setting back one of the biggest priorities for the newly minted Democrat-controlled government in the state.

A crowd of gun-rights activists packed into the committee room cheered as the vote came in, with four moderate Democrats joining Republicans to shelve the bill until next year. Heated exchanges over guns have dominated this year's legislative session. They were also a key topic of last year's legislative elections – particularly after a mass shooting in Virginia Beach claimed a dozen lives – and gun control groups heavily funded Democratic candidates.

Thank God a few democrats remembered their oath to defend and support the Constitution. This is a giant win for our nation.
I hope some time is spent trying to find out why someone would want to kill others en mass, the means don't seem to matter.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Unless this clown and others like him are voted out, this will continue while everyone sleeps. They will attempt to attach it as a rider to a bill everyone wants passed and sneak it through.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Unless this clown and others like him are voted out, this will continue while everyone sleeps. They will attempt to attach it as a rider to a bill everyone wants passed and sneak it through.

totally agreed. But this could have passed and had to be dealt with in court, which could take years. meanwhile, honest folk would be felons. This was a win!

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Krakatoa

totally agreed. But this could have passed and had to be dealt with in court, which could take years. meanwhile, honest folk would be felons. This was a win!

I agree it is a win. But, it is merely one battle in a long and drawn out war. That's the trap. Give the dissenters the feeling of victory, while scheming how they can slide it past them while they revel in this "victory".

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

In November 2021, that can all be rectified. I hope they do non stop adds about all the things he tried to do. That alone should sink him.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is damn good news! About time .

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
All weapons are assault weapons. That's why they're called "weapons".

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
That's why they want to wait until after the presidential election to see where things go, and if they happen to win the white house then it will pass......then what ?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

P

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
True, and Virginia has the perfect reminder of that right on their flag.
Governor blackface should be voted out ,because they changed the recall rules to favor him.
That is the kid who changes the rules when he sees that he is loosing the game...bunch of BS

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
That's why they want to wait until after the presidential election to see where things go, and if they happen to win the white house then it will pass......then what ?

assault guillotine, obviously.
when it takes a whole town to get involved in executing the traitors, you can't call it a line gunman. or a line brickswinger. line terrorist. etc etc etc...

the will of the people can only be enforced by the people.
That's why the French up and execute everyone in charge now and then- the people run things, not the government.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Where are they at with leaving and joining WV? May be it was a financial decision rather than them upholding the 2nd. How much tax revenew would they loose from those counties moving west?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sad news. They should ban them. I hope they all get shot for allowing such weapons and all people who want those guns to get shot too.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
Sad news. They should ban them. I hope they all get shot for allowing such weapons and all people who want those guns to get shot too.

P

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

you sound unhinged and really violent. I think you should be held in a mental facility for a few years to verify if you are suicidal.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

You mad tho? I have a feeling you think if you have a penis you can pretend you really have ovaries, too?
edit on fTuesdayAmerica/Chicago3508699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Bubba: "Well Forrest that aint true."

"There's Bio-weapons, Less-than-lethal weapons, Chemical weapons, Close-conbat weapons, weapons of mass destruction, sonic weapons, laser weapons, weapons of choice...."

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I think you need to get a mental health checkup, and soon. Wishing people get shot?? Really?? With people like you on their side, it's no wonder they want to ban weapons. They don't trust their own supporters I guess.

If you feel so strongly about that, why not go about it in the legal manner? You know, as the founders set forth in the Constitution. It is amendable, so make that happen legally. That way, nobody needs to wish others get shot for defending their rights under the Constitution.

And I still think you need professional help for that anger management and fantasies of killing. That is simply not healthy at all.

edit on 2/18/2020 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If I knew you in person I would use the red flag law that you probably support against you to make sure you couldn't be a real threat to anyone.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
thought I read it was only delayed a year after a couple democrats defected in committee.

Its good news, but I wager its just a lets hope they are asleep this time next year.

top topics

join