It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is President Trump allowing CoVID19 patients back into the country

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Why is President Trump allowing CoVID19 patients back into the country?

I think it's obvious to all here that I am or was, a staunch supporter of President Trump.
But for the life of me (I hope it doesn't come to that), I cannot understand why he continues to allow Boat loads and Plane loads, of infected people with 2019-nCov, back into our country! Even after the CDC admits to sending faulty test kits out!
Even after the infected patient screw up at Mirmar! Even after the wacko Governor of NJ allowed all those infected people to disembark the cruise ship!
If he does not put a stop to this now, most of his supporters are either going to be dead from this outbreak or too sick to vote.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Because they are not brown?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

I think it's obvious to all here that I am or was, a staunch supporter of President Trump.
But for the life of me (I hope it doesn't come to that), I cannot understand why he continues to allow Boat loads and Plane loads, of infected people with 2019-nCov, back into our country! Even after the CDC admits to sending faulty test kits out!
Even after the infected patient screw up at Mirmar! Even after the wacko Governor of NJ allowed all those infected people to disembark the cruise ship!
If he does not put a stop to this now, most of his supporters are either going to be dead from this outbreak or too sick to vote.

We have determined that the far left have very weak immune systems and so....

On a serious note, they are Americans, so where do you want them to go?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Because it just may be good for some businesses . But actually I don't think his advisors are watching what is taking place in Japan. Forget China, that's too late, Japan is the hot spot and Hong Kong and Singapore. Americans got to be watching what is happening in them countries. Are they? Don't know, other they Japan, which is present for me, I'm closely watching the other countries and seeing how its being handled. Already the triads (gangs in Hong Kong) are up to no good. Stealing toilet paper of all things that we know of.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

because theyre US citizens.

you really need this explained to you?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
When Obama was allowing people from Ebola infected areas to come to America, ATS said it was so he could declare martial law. So I'm going with that. Trump wants an outbreak so he can declare martial law.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I find a lot of things that folks crucified Obama for are magically dandy for Trump. .02

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Aren't they US citizens???

Where else they gonna go?

Have you somewhere in mind? Where would you like them to go exactly???

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I say send them to Puerto Rico. It's still America, technically, but then, when they're there, we can just ignore them and blame corruption.

edit on 17-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3sixand9

I find a lot of things that folks crucified Obama for are magically dandy for Trump. .02

Lol
Or vice versa.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I wonder how much is going on behind the scenes on this?

For the cruise ship, that situation was wildly out of control. Trying to quarantine people on the ship was not working. Japan could not absorb then all, not when it's facing it's own potential outbreaks.

We're talking about over 3,000 people.

I think the sensible thing is for every country involved to bring its own home as much as possible. It's unfair to ask Japan to shoulder all of that burden. So while we can, we take them back. So far, most of them will recover with only mild illness especially since we have the ability to care for them.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I wonder how much is going on behind the scenes on this?

For the cruise ship, that situation was wildly out of control. Trying to quarantine people on the ship was not working. Japan could not absorb then all, not when it's facing it's own potential outbreaks.

We're talking about over 3,000 people.

I think the sensible thing is for every country involved to bring its own home as much as possible. It's unfair to ask Japan to shoulder all of that burden. So while we can, we take them back. So far, most of them will recover with only mild illness especially since we have the ability to care for them.

Keep in mind they had to refit 2 airplanes with a sealed contamination unit for those infected. Plus all the passports information had to be imputed into some data bank to show what airport they departed from the US to go to Japan. Lots of behind the scenes that involved the US military its bases that had to get involved. Not really a complete hash up job, but I'd say most involved was their first time for a real event like this to take place.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
When Obama was allowing people from Ebola infected areas to come to America, ATS said it was so he could declare martial law. So I'm going with that. Trump wants an outbreak so he can declare martial law.

I was saying he was allowing it because he was virtue signaling and not looking at the bigger picture. I'll say the same about President Trump on this issue. I vehemently disagree with these ticking timebombs being removed from a valid quarantine and brought onto American soil. It is being done because no country wants to be the outlier... Canada, Australia, Germany, France, the UK, the USA... all stupidly violating common sense practices where quarantines are concerned and all doing it because the others are doing it. Shared errors, so if it all goes to crap everyone is in the same boat, or if it works out the one country who made the smart move and said "no" doesn't come under fire.

That said, the Ebola thing was actually a little bit less stupid than this... they didn't exactly have an entire region quarantined then. They were simply returning aid workers who had responded to a catastrophe.
edit on 17-2-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's unfair to ask Japan to shoulder all of that burden.

Japan wasn't viewing it as a burden when it represented 3700 tourists and their dollars during good times, let them deal with it when it's bad times just the same.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Except it was demonstrably *not* a working quarantine. The purpose of a quarantine is to isolate people to determine who is sick and who is healthy, not to isolate people in such a way that any sick and continue to infect the healthy.

If they had managed to successfully separate the sick from the healthy and halt the rate of infection, then I might be agreeing with you. But the Diamond Princess was making the situation worse, not better.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Why is President Trump allowing CoVID19 patients back into the country?

Because people who have survived the virus now carry the immunity, but not the live virus.

When people have been asymptomatic for an extended quarantine period, they don't have the virus.

edit on 17/2/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Why is President Trump allowing CoVID19 patients back into the country

Because they are US citizens???

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Any President has the top medical people advising him, pretty sure they told him the risk was minimal. Pretty sure if it was a significant threat they could have nixed the idea.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I know the cruise industry would scream, but honestly I think the best thing would be to halt cruises for the time being.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Do you think The president wants to crash the US economy, cause total chaos, armed revolt, and have our military turn on him?

Obama didn't want that either and the Ebola scare was BS.

It will take a whole lot more to make the people afraid enough to allow marshall law. Not to say that their are not 1000 scenarios that might work, just this ain't it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join