It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-10 Weaponry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I am doing some research on the J-10 and the weapons systems it can use is quite unclear, I know it can carry R-77's and a variant of the Python-3 AAM's, I also know it has a 23mm cannon (Presumed a GSh-23-6/L variant).

Ofcourse it can carry dumb bombs and rockets and smart bombs and missiles, but could it also carry the C-208 Anti-Ship and Land Attack cruise missile?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Im sure the Sunburn can be accomodated on the J-10..

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Im sure the Sunburn can be accomodated on the J-10..

Surely not !!

The currently cleared weapons for the J-10A are the typical PL-8 short-range IR-AAM (= Phyton III look alike), the PL-10 medium-range AAM (= a Alenia Aspide look alike) and the latest new SD-10 or in PLAAF-designation PL-12 ... a weapon in the AMRAAM-class.

mil.jschina.com.cn...

This is one of the latest pictures with all three missilies:

Currently there are no other weapons cleared for that new fighter but there was at least one aircraft tested with dumb 250 kg bombs.

Other weapons expected later to be seen under the J-10A are all other standard PLAAF-weapons ranging from unguided rockets, freefal bombs, LGB's and maybe the C-802/-803 ASM.

Deino

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Im sure I've seen missiles on the J-10 which have the cmarea bulb on the front end and that can only mean an exocet II or a sunburn type of thing..

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sorry, my bad the Sunburn air launched version is on the flanker and not the J-10 its some 3e-m80 something..im not sure..

J-10 loadout is summarised below...

The fixed weapon on the J-10 is a 23mm internal cannon. The aircraft also has 11 stores stations - six under the wing and five under the fuselage. The inner wing and centre fuselage stations are plumped to carry external fuel tanks. Fixed weapon is a 23-mm inner cannon hidden inside fuselage.

In addition to the PL-8 short-range infrared-guided air-to-air missile reportedly derived from Israeli Rafael Python-3 technology, the J-10 could also carry Russian Vympel R-73 (AA-11) short-range and R-77 (AA-12) medium-range missiles equipped by Chinese Flankers. It may also be fitted with indigenously developed PL-11 or PL-12 medium-range AAM for BVR combat.

For ground attack missions, the J-10 will carry laser-guided bombs, YJ-8K anti-ship missile, as well as various unguided bombs and rockets. Some missiles currently under development such as the YJ-9 ramjet-powered anti-radiation missile may also be carried by the J-10.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
YJ-8 is the Land Attack variant of the C-802 right?

Thanks for the responses people, does the Chinese use an ingenously developed cannon? or just a Russian gun?

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrOuNd_ZeRo
YJ-8 is the Land Attack variant of the C-802 right?

Thanks for the responses people, does the Chinese use an ingenously developed cannon? or just a Russian gun?

The YJ-8 and C-802 are different anti-ship missiles. The C-802 is the export version of the YJ-83 (DoD designation CSS-N-8, NATO codename Saccade), while the YJ-8 is known by the export designation C-801. Both the YJ-8 and C-802 are designed to be both air-launched and surface-launched.

top topics

join