It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Army Ration Packs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Afternoon ATS Colleagues.

This Chap is like the iFixit of tat.

Plenty of funny and informative videos but this one is too good not to share.

Apologies to any Scottish members but take heart. Imagine what the Welsh ration pack would contain??!!

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

That's funny

I guess they save the deep fried mars bars and buckfast for extreme situations.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
And then they put it next to the most populated city.

But as for Tunnocks, you can not beat them and I am jealous that there is a military grade tea cake out there somewhere that I have never tasted.

I think I would give the mini reactor a miss though (Actually I wonder if that is ground's for Ex servicemen to sue the Scot's government (OR which ever government was responsible for that idiocy) for radiation related cancer and leukemia.

And Barrs Irn Bru, the best pop drink in the world hands down and no argument but it is fattening.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I guess it's funny to see how excited he gets over the ration heater while there's nothing in that ration that needs heating or nothing that you would even want to heat.
It's also funny that there is no meal in the ration, just snacks.
I'm not going to mention the bottle of scotch.
I would have expected a bottle of scotch...
You certainly need a certain amound if alcohol to kill yourself.
edit on 16-2-2020 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

The pot noodle, the heater consisting of a small about AA battery sized cylinder that is stored in that heat sink is taken out of the heat sink, the small graphite rod (just like in a real reactor) is taken out and the cylinder containing the slowly fissioning radioactive material is then submerged and heat's the water in the tub so you make it cold and then dunk the mini dounreay into it and when you have finished with the mini reactor you slid the tiny bit of graphite back into it and pop the cylinder back into it's heat sink, look how the geiger counter went berserk when he took it near to it, kind of remind's of that kid in the US who built his own nuclear reactor.

edit on 16-2-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Oh I didn't watch the whole vid. I didn't see the second part of what was obviously a two pack ration (with snacks).

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

I got fixated on the Tunnocks wafers, they are to us what a twinky is to the US.

top topics

join