It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amy Klobuchar could not even name the president of Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The fact that Amy Klobuchar, who is running for the presidential election this November, could not even name the president of Mexico is flabbergasting to me.

In a Telemundo interview in Nevada, she was asked to name the Mexican president. She couldn't do it! Neither could Tom Steyer. When Buttigieg was asked to name him, he did, but he wasn't all that certain he got it right!

I could understand if she had a problem knowing who the president of Zimbabwe is, or Latvia, or someplace like Azerbaijan. You can't expect a presidential candidate to know every single leader of every single country.

But, Mexico?! With all the issues involving our southern border, the least a presidential candidate should know is the name of the president of the country on our southern border.

Democratic presidential candidates Amy Klobuchar and Tom Steyer couldn’t name the Mexican president when asked for it during a televised interview in Nevada Thursday.

The two, along with Pete Buttigieg, were separately interviewed by Spanish-language station Telemundo after a candidate forum hosted by the League of United Latin American Citizens.

Klobuchar, a Minnesota senator, replied, “No,” when asked who the Mexican president is.

“I forgot,” was billionaire businessman Tom Steyer’s response.

Buttigieg, the former South Bend, Indiana mayor, was the only candidate to correctly name Mexico’s president, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, though he didn’t seem too confident.
nypost.com...

How embarrassing...at a Telemundo interview of all things.

Wouldn't you think she would have done basic research before interviewing with a Spanish-language network?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Well, once she's President she will get around to knowing the names of the important people.

Oh wait...

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Trick question.

Mexico doesn't have a president, it has a cartel leader called "El Baño"

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

She's not going ask the President of Mexico for any type of assistance with reducing illegal immigration, or drugs crossing the US-Mex border. So why bother knowing his or her name.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

How some of these people are where they are is really quite baffling. It just tells me that lawyers/prosecutors don't know diddly about anything else.

She has been in the Senate how long? Has she never encountered anything pertaining to Mexico or our porous border issue? Has it never occurred to her that dealing with the president of Mexico may be kind of important?

I looked at her main issues on her website. I didn't see anything about illegal immigration or securing our southern border.
There are policies on climate, LGBTQ issues, gun violence, combatting hate, and a few other typical Dem talking points.

I see zero leadership here.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
She's not going ask the President of Mexico for any type of assistance with reducing illegal immigration, or drugs crossing the US-Mex border. So why bother knowing his or her name.

Hahaha... I like that question my friend. The answer can be only one :

To get more votes from the Latino community.

(It wouldn't work anyway).

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
Well, once she's President she will get around to knowing the names of the important people.
Oh wait...

We will forget her name too after elections

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I bet the Latino voters heard every word she forgot to say 😆 😆

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ya know, reading this thread I couldn't think of his name either. But I remember that he is a newcomer, a maverick, who said he wouldn't let trump push him around.

He has since agreed to have Mexico hold the people whose paperwork is in process who don't have a clear claim to come into the US while they are pending. I think Trump said he'd shut down the free passes the maqiadors get, importing stuff into the US from factories on their side of the line. El Presidente agreed to help us the next day.

I bet I would have damn sure googled the presidente and political parties of Mexico before being interviewed on Mexican PBS though.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Only people buying her brand of fraud are those that don't know her voting record. Go look it up. Can't be for border security and now against it. Doesn't work that way. Didn't work for Hillary, Biden and it won't work for her. Anyone against border security will lose. Trump already proved it.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Lumenari
How some of these people are where they are is really quite baffling. It just tells me that lawyers/prosecutors don't know diddly about anything else.

She voted to impeach the POTUS without any direct evidence. Was she sleeping during the Senate hearings, a sleepwalking Zombie Machine shill with talking points or is she (like everyone else that voted for impeachment) just mentally challenged? I want that unimpressive person in charge of the nation!
edit on 15-2-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Viva Andrés Manuel López Obrador!

My guess was Felipe Vazquez. Then I used the google super brain and found his real name. Felipe really exists though.

Felipe Javier Vázquez, nicknamed Nightmare, is a Venezuelan professional baseball pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates of Major League Baseball. He previously played for the Washington Nationals. He was an All-Star in 2018 and 2019.

en.wikipedia.org...

Y'all knew his name already?

🤷 Person Shrugging
A person shrugging their shoulders to indicate a lack of knowledge about a particular topic, or a lack of care about the result of a situation.

Displays as raised shoulders, sometimes in conjunction with raised arms and flat hands. The shrug gesture in text (emoticon / kaomoji) form is known as a shruggie and typed as: ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The Unicode character Shrug ("Person Shrugging") does not specify a gender. See also Woman Shrugging or Man Shrugging.

Person Shrugging was approved as part of Unicode 9.0 in 2016 under the name “Shrug” and added to Emoji 3.0 in 2016.

Copy and paste this emoji: 🤷

emojipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Legal Latinos are shifting more towards Trump anyway. They paid their dues, and wants those who follow them to do the same. I don't think any of the Democrats want to keep a distinction between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Y'all knew his name already?

Yes, I did.

If I were Klobuchar, Steyer, and Buttigieg, I would have thought, "Hey, Telemundo, a Spanish-language station, is going to interview me. There's bound to be questions about our relationship with Mexico and its leadership. Maybe I better at least look up the name of their president".

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Lumenari
Oh wait...

We will forget her name too after elections

Great point! That's why I didn't bother learning anything about most of the Dim candidates. Some dropped out last week, and very few voters knew who they were.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
In the words of Nancy Pelosi, they have to elect her first before she can learn anything. (It didn't actually work for Pelosi though).

edit on 15-2-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
In the words of Nancy Pelosi, they have to elect her first before she can learn anything. (It didn't actually work for Pelosi though).

You mean a little knowledge is a dangerous thing?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Last Mexican presidente I remember is Vicente Fox, apparently he left office in '06. I don't remember hearing that Andrés Obrador was the current Presidente de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos, then again they never talk about Mexican politics on the news anymore. It's like all things Mexican have been turned off since the illegal immigrant issues have been muted lately. You'd think with the election coming up, it would be a main issue on both sides of the aisle.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

It tells me they are just mouthpieces for whoever is pulling their strings.

Amy Klobuchar has been a Senator for over 13 years!! And she doesn't even know that Mexico's president is Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador. He and Trump have been dealing with the illegal immigration and drug issue for over a year now ever since Nieto left office.

The Wall has been a Big Deal for several years now! Shouldn't she, as a senator, be knowledgeable about all the in's and out's of the issues on our southern border---illegal entry, drug cartels, human trafficking?

Seriously! Amy Klobuchar hasn't been informing herself of all this????
on Amy, Steyer, and Buttigieg for being uncertain.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I see zero leadership here.

To the contrary.

The Democratic leadership is kept in power by their voter base.

The problem isn't the leadership.

It is the people who keep putting them in power.

Willful ignorance fueled by the DNC's stranglehold on information on the news channels.

Goebbels would be proud.

I don't blame the voters.

I blame the people who keep them ignorant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join