It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sports Question??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The big problem is further trauma after initial trauma. This is just more likely in football than combat sports. Combat sports does have its fair share though.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think someone answered your question: football is king.

Yep, you're right.

Never mind...dead thread.

Silly idea...sorry.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Seems like over the past couple years the subject of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) has been a constant topic in both the NFL and NCAA (as well as at the HS level...and just football in general). Now there are former NFL players coming out of the woodwork claiming damages as a result of TBI.

Last night I was watching the WBC Light Weight Title fight between Ryan Garcia (US) and Francisco Fonseca (Costa Rica), and Ryan KO's this guy with a blistering left hook at 1:20 in the 1st round...and I mean KTFO too! I got to thinking...NFL players rarely ever get knocked completely out, but boxers do all the time, yet we don't see former boxers coming out of the woodwork claiming TBI.

Why? What's the difference? Seems like boxing is a lot more dangerous than football (at least to the brain anyway). So what gives? Same thing for UFC, and Judo, and Taekwondo and so many others.

Are these NFL guys just whining, or is there something else going on?

The difference is that proper post-injury protocals drasticly reduce the levels of permanent damage we have seen.

Combat sports and now the NHL are spearheading change in Head Trauma safety .

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That Garcia KO was gnarly.
Early candidate for KO of the year, for sure.
Dude was OUT.

Posters above have done as good or better job trying to explain an answer to your question..
I just had to comment on that KO.
YEESH

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Where oh where is FCD? Missing the food threads!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join