It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was wondering if ATS is shutting down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I see the site is still not fully functioning after many days now. I am wondering if in fact you are preparing to sell the site or just shut down at this point. If you are selling out is there a bidding process going on and if so how would I get the data for the biding process. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Are you hoping there's a fire sale, like they have for lemon cars?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No I have just liked this site for a lot of years and if it is going down I have access to funds and I think I could help turn it around if it is ailing as much as it seems.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I don't understand what your getting at. The site is fully functional from what I can tell. But I am only on a few times a week.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
I see the site is still not fully functioning after many days now. I am wondering if in fact you are preparing to sell the site or just shut down at this point. If you are selling out is there a bidding process going on and if so how would I get the data for the biding process. Thanks.

What is not functioning?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

It appears the owners and admins have checked out long ago. Every new bug I find doesn't even surprise me. Some have been known, ongoing issues for years.

Yes, the site "works." No, the site is not "fully functional."

Fact is ATS has seen better days and the fires are burning low.

It is what it is.

edit on 15-2-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Still not following..
edit on 2/15/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

What part of the site is currently down?
Springer (an ATS owner) is still actively authoring threads..

I don't get it. Not trying to debunk this.. I am just seeing zero evidence so far..

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I've also noticed the site is unusable almost hourly. Multiple users have brought it up. I've noticed delays in service for minutes at a time, and when in comes back online there are multiple replies to threads all posted at the same minute, often with double posts from other users not getting service. It's gotten worse over the past few weeks. Hopefully something is done. I'd be willing to donate some cash, myself.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The link to the member page I posted has just came back with the graphic I posted. If it works for you thats great but it does not work for me

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

The link to the member page I posted has just came back with the graphic I posted. If it works for you thats great but it does not work for me

Works fine for me.. Yeah, that's weird.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

No I have just liked this site for a lot of years and if it is going down I have access to funds and I think I could help turn it around if it is ailing as much as it seems.

Maybe you could use your leverage ($$$) to make the website more secure (https://), which would thwart DDOS attacks to a greater degree, and make newer browsers more "friendly" towards AboveTopSecret.com.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

That was worrying as earlier it linked directing to my post history rather than ATS's version of a 404.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

That was worrying as earlier it linked directing to my post history rather than ATS's version of a 404.

^^^^^^Me too ^^^^^^

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The site is set not running 100% I have had the issue of a page not loading for up to five mins. Happens a few times a day for a while now. I use my mobile for this site. I thought it might be a browser problem, so have used different browsers, but still happens. See a problem with the site.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

There have been a number of posts regarding maintenance and backup windows. Observations tend towards half past and quarter to the hour but nobody has come forward from the admin team to confirm. I regularly see slow or erratic behaviour at these times.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

You may be getting the pages from a different server, that would explain why you have problems while other people do not.

Usually, big sites use more than one database server, to be more responsive and to better respond to a server failure. If one database server is slow in responding then the web server does not get a response in time and presents the failure page. Meanwhile, other people are getting their pages from a different server, so they do not see a problem. When the system detects a slow responding (or failed) server it changes to another, so the problem is solved. Obviously, if the reason for the slowing down disappears everything goes back to normal.

PS: all the above is what I think may be happening, as I don't have the slightest idea of how ATS servers are configured.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

I'm clocking it from :10 past the hour until :14 past the hour. Kind of like the last 'freeze' that existed for a few months a while back.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join