It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Barr unintentionally admits that outcomes of investigations will change depending on tweets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
ABC Barr article and video

Barr: "Once the tweet occurred the question is well... now what do I do? and uh do you go forward with what you think is the right decision or do you pull back because of the tweet."

So this guy admits that he makes considerations on weather to precede with an outcome that has already been determined dependent on public perception. Specifically tweets. This is a BIG ******* issue. What ever the result of the investigation and how the public will take it, the results are the results, end of story. Anything else is something other that what is expect of his position as AG.

PS. Does anyone else see a problem with the AG taking criticism about his investigation from an extremely left leaning platform as troubling?
edit on 15-2-2020 by Antipathy17 because: Trying to fix some grammar

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

PS. Does anyone else see a problem with the AG taking criticism about his investigation from an extremely left leaning platform as troubling?

Can you rephrase this? I don't understand your question. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

This is a BIG ******* issue.

Did you think Holden jumping to Obama's every whim was a big issue?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

He's not "taking criticism about his investigation from an extremely left leaning platform."

He's concerned about optics when Trump twits his opinion.
If Barr is of similar mindset, Trump effectively hamstrings Barr's opportunity to remedy the situation without being called partisan.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Barr said, “Of course. As I said during my confirmation, I came in to serve as attorney general. I am responsible for everything that happens in the department, but the thing I have most responsibilities for are the issues that are brought to me for decision. And I will make those decisions based on what I think is the right thing to do. I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody, and I said whether it’s Congress, newspaper editorial boards or the president. I’m going to do what I think is right. And you know I think the —I cannot do my job at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me. ”

Seems he went on to say he will not be influenced by anyone.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

His actions regarding the investigation and statements to the public about it should not change what so ever because of optics of partisanship.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The platform is very well known for the censorship of rightwing and promotion of leftwing ideology. I'm not talking far/alt right ideology. I am asking if anyone else has a problem with the guy changing his job performance based of such a heavily bias platform.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79

Barr said, “Of course. As I said during my confirmation, I came in to serve as attorney general. I am responsible for everything that happens in the department, but the thing I have most responsibilities for are the issues that are brought to me for decision. And I will make those decisions based on what I think is the right thing to do. I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody, and I said whether it’s Congress, newspaper editorial boards or the president. I’m going to do what I think is right. And you know I think the —I cannot do my job at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me. ”

Seems he went on to say he will not be influenced by anyone.

That sentiment is what consumed the words. The liberal MSM "took the bait" by having on-air orgasms over Barr criticizing his boss for speaking out about ongoing cases.

Later today however, Democrats figured out that Barr had played them. Making them prove how foolish and gullible they are.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The platform is very well known for the censorship of rightwing and promotion of leftwing ideology. I'm not talking far/alt right ideology. I am asking if anyone else has a problem with the guy changing his job performance based of such a heavily bias platform.

What "job performance" was changed due to the biased platform?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Not on matters that were substantive. The things that were clearly politically motivated, I do. ANY AG that we have should be investigating the Democratic malfeasance. Specifically many of the issues Barr has zeroed in on. Especially considering how bad it's getting. That goes for the Republican and other parties as well. Now if you want to talk about his partisianship toward Republicans I think that's just best for another thread.
edit on 15-2-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I couldn't tell you, he wasn't specific enough.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

His actions regarding the investigation and statements to the public about it should not change what so ever because of optics of partisanship.

Ah. I understand. You have never been in a leadership position.
I agree with you from a purely neutral standpoint.
However once politics (workplace or national) comes into play, it's a different game.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

It's become clear to me that I am not intelligent enough to explain the issue but I feel there is a massive issue with this. I may be wrong. Considerations are being made.

I keep refreshing to see how many stars this gets. I know you're a bunch of sarcastic bastards and I love it

edit on 15-2-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I've been applauded as a leader but I think there is a lot of room for improvement. So I question my leadership. The game seems broken to me..

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I've been applauded as a leader but I think there is a lot of room for improvement. So I question my leadership. The game seems broken to me..

A good leader should question themselves. The game has always been broken. We need to learn the rules to know which ones can be bent.
I do not think you are "not intelligent enough to explain the issue;" I think you have a feeling that things are not right.
But you have not spent the time to bring a logical explanation of the why you feel this way. The recognition of something being wrong is easy.
The explanation of why it's wrong is much more difficult, at least so I have found with my own time in leadership.

PS. Don't post for stars. That is the worst way to communicate ideas. You are selling out for group-think.
Trust yourself to have valid ideas. Sometimes they will not be popular, sometimes they will.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Bill Barr is a Deep State " Actor " , he is Covertly Undermining the President's Policies by Pretending to " Drain The Swamp " which he Certainly does Not Wish to do . He will be Gone as AG by Nov . .

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

A good leader should question themselves. The game has always been broken. We need to learn the rules to know which ones can be bent.
I do not think you are "not intelligent enough to explain the issue;" I think you have a feeling that things are not right.
But you have not spent the time to bring a logical explanation of the why you feel this way. The recognition of something being wrong is easy.
The explanation of why it's wrong is much more difficult, at least so I have found with my own time in leadership.

PS. Don't post for stars. That is the worst way to communicate ideas. You are selling out for group-think.
Trust yourself to have valid ideas. Sometimes they will not be popular, sometimes they will.

Impressive reply =D

I wouldn't dare post for stars. It's just not who I am. I see an individual behind every star so and I find it nice to have common thoughts. Oh and the stars comment was regarding the reply about intelligence, not the thread itself. I don't know which you were referring to in your reply.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Said a similar thing as a reply on the black conservative youtube channel. With some major difference but the idea remains the same.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Barr is a Swamp Creature. It's common knowledge that he was buddies with Mueller. I did not expect prosecutions. Further, why waste everyone's time? It only takes a single staunch, "Not Guilty" to acquit.

The point everyone's overlooking is simple: Would you expect to go to jail if you did what they've done ... knowing full well that they will not?

That, my friend, is a two-tiered Just-Us system. Remember that the next time you see the blue lights in your rearview mirror. You're about to get fleeced.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Wasn't Barr tight with Obama?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join