It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The good natives vs the oh so bad canadians on BC pipeline affair...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Recently some native protesters halted about the hole rail trensportation system in Canada. Left medias jumped in the wagon and depicted this as a just land fight between the oppressed natives vs the bad heartless canadians. But who are these few hurting the hole canadian economy and f%#$ing with thousands of canadians life, not able to travel efficiently to work and so?

Just for people here to know, this is a political battle inside the community. Rightly elected band concil which approved the pipeline in exchange of $$$ and so vs herediatary wannabe chefs. So community got $$$, approved pipeline and now some peep says stop, I'm ancestral son of long ago dead chief and I don't fallow the decision of my community. Fore f#$% sake please, see this for what it and understand that these few go against their community .

vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca...

"First Nations: The dispute has highlighted a debate over whether hereditary chiefs should have more power under Canadian law. The Indian Act established band councils, made up of elected chiefs and councillors, who have authority over reserve lands. Hereditary chiefs are part of a traditional form of Indigenous governance that legal experts say the courts have grappled with how to recognize.

Indigenous Support: The pipeline has support from 20 elected band councils along the route. All of them have signed benefit agreements with Coastal GasLink. Chief Coun. Crystal Smith of the Haisla Nation in Kitimat said last month that the project will help the community become less reliant on federal funding. The Haisla Nation is also in discussions for equity stakes in the project, which Smith said would create revenue that the community could decide to invest in housing, health or education, in contrast with federal money that comes with restrictions on how it can be used.

Indigenous Opposition: Five Wet'suwet'en hereditary clan chiefs say the pipeline cannot proceed without their consent. Their supporters at a camp near Houston have been blocking construction in violation of a court injunction, which the RCMP began enforcing last week. The hereditary chiefs say they have authority over the broader 22,000 square kilometres of traditional territory that the pipeline would partially cross, while the elected band councils only administer smaller reserves."

Now hear these guys are shouting and filming, they craved for exposure, and got it. Our PM lady Justin is a pussy and will pay twice, just look him bend over...

Jeff
edit on 2020 2 14 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

How do you tell what is disinfo: and what is not ?
Who are you believing ?
Do you believe in : The Indian Act ?
It wasn't a negotiation, as you must know, right ?
Have you ever profited personally, from these kinds of treaties ?

The land is unceded.
Sorry that you may have been 'inconvenienced'...

CBC News: What you need to know about the Coastal GasLink pipeline conflict.

The hereditary chiefs — who are the leaders of the nation's governance system in place before the imposition of the Indian Act — assert authority over 22,000 square kilometres of the nation's traditional territory, an area recognized as unceded by the Supreme Court of Canada in a 1997 decision.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

First disinfo most our msm are too lazy to make the difference between imposed project vs negociated project with the communities. This conflict is not pipeline vs natives it's band concils elected by natives vs wannabe bloodline chief unrecognised by their own band concils: why they don't fight it inside the communities??? Why msm don't point this out??? Why msm don't show the signed profitable negociated engagements with communities??? There's my disinfo.

Do I beleive in Indian Act...well we could go there for days but in the end I don't. I worked with and around communities and for most of them its a total fail: miserable life, lots of money going to corrupted few, votes bought with beer cases (totally true sir) , lots of incest cases, violence, drug abuse etc...bad place to live for sure.

Here I don't bash natives, I bash the way this conflict is handled. Instead of assessing the real issues our pm will simply wait until shtf and then pour money in, settling nothing, wating for the next wannabe minority to show.

Are you in/around a native community in Canada?
edit on 2020 2 15 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So I gather that what you are saying is that there is tribal infighting concerning the aboriginal title rights because of a pipeline deal? That the tribal council, a governing body imposed by the conquering British/Canadian government, has the authority to sell land use rights while hereditary chiefs who are in a line of secession since before European contact, basically a direct link to the original tribal authority that aboriginal rights were made in reference to, are just wannabe bloodline chiefs?

I thought that the original councils were made up of all the chiefs to have an equal say in and it seems realistic to say that most of those chiefs weren't elected by a show of hands and a scribe to record the meeting's minutes. Of course they weren't looking for a handout form the paleface back then either.

Maybe these wannabe bloodline chiefs should have some sort of say in tribal politics, but perhaps they already do to some degree. Otherwise they just might attempt a coup and reinstate the original and rightful (in their eyes) tribal government.

Sure seems like everyone is divided and can't get it together against the man.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath

First disinfo most our msm are too lazy to make the difference between imposed project vs negociated project with the communities. This conflict is not pipeline vs natives it's band concils elected by natives vs wannabe bloodline chief unrecognised by their own band concils: why they don't fight it inside the communities??? Why msm don't point this out??? Why msm don't show the signed profitable negociated engagements with communities??? There's my disinfo.

Do I beleive in Indian Act...well we could go there for days but in the end I don't. I worked with and around communities and for most of them its a total fail: miserable life, lots of money going to corrupted few, votes bought with beer cases (totally true sir) , lots of incest cases, violence, drug abuse etc...bad place to live for sure.

Here I don't bash natives, I bash the way this conflict is handled. Instead of assessing the real issues our pm will simply wait until shtf and then pour money in, settling nothing, wating for the next wannabe minority to show.

Are you in/around a native community in Canada?

Have you considered the possibility: that it's 180° the other way around, that the disinfo is working ?

Those "wannabe bloodline chief" 's are they not your ancestral Chiefs, whom are the stewards of the land ?

Are the Band councils that accepted the deals, not those fake BS entities, that were forced on the people by 'The Indian Act', and those that win leadership by "votes bought" ?
Is it not they who took the money, and signed the deals ? ?

Are the Band councils that accepted the deals: not only responsible for the reserves ?
Are the Hereditary Chiefs not responsible for the vast swaths of unceded land ?

( Am not in a native community. )

TVO: The Indian Act Explained.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I think bloodline hierarchy leads to abuse, since the community can't choose the better person to guide them, but then again, here in Canada we have Justin the Clown....

Maybe it's about time natives choose their own way of governance? I think it would be a step in the right direction. Confrontation will just make the worst out of it. The Huron Wendat community near Quebec city is a good example of good neighborhood relations between communities.

Konrad Sioui is their elected leader and here's what he says about trains blockade :

ici.radio-canada.ca...

edit on 2020 2 16 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: Added stuff on elected chief Sioui

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So it's true. They do need a permit to wear Nikes.

They must also
have a permit to buy groceries and clothes.

www.nwac.ca...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

It's true the narrative is being spun. Here's another angle.

Coastal GasLink will help get China off coal

Increasing natural gas exports from Canada to China — as the Coastal GasLink will do — would allow a similar switch from coal to natural gas and a similar reduction in emissions. Getting natural gas to China does itself generate emissions. But, according to Rob Seeley of E3 Merge, “for every unit of GHGs that British Columbia produces to get that LNG to market, the overseas production of GHGs goes down by a factor of 10.” He estimates that shipping LNG from Kitimat to China could reduce global GHG emissions by 60 to 90 million tonnes annually, equivalent to all of B.C.’s GHG emissions in a year and 10 per cent of Canada’s.
business.financialpost.com...-area

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

No. They don't. They buy whatever they like to buy and then show their native card to get taxe exemption. They are not limited in any way in the wares they buy or sell. If they do on community lands they don't bother charging taxes, undercutting by 15% the stores outside native lands.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath

I think bloodline hierarchy leads to abuse, since the community can't choose the better person to guide them, but then again, here in Canada we have Justin the Clown....

Maybe it's about time natives choose their own way of governance? I think it would be a step in the right direction. Confrontation will just make the worst out of it. The Huron Wendat community near Quebec city is a good example of good neighborhood relations between communities.

Konrad Sioui is their elected leader and here's what he says about trains blockade :

ici.radio-canada.ca...

Is there not potential for abuse: in any form of hierarchy ?

Is there not enough evidence, in the 'supposed' history of our societies: that, ( as MSB mentioned ), conquerors install puppet leaders, whom are the easiest to capitulate to the will of the conquerors ?
( Konrad Sioui seems like an exception, as he is also an Ancestral Chief. )

Am not a fan of Trudeau, nor Harper, nor our shared mairesse Valérie Plante, nor any other politician, anywhere, ever.

Have the First-Nations People, not already chosen their own form of governance, that being the Ancestral Chiefs ?

Is it not only the conquering Canadian government, and the MSM, who says that the rez Chiefs speak for all First-Nations Peoples ?

What does your family and friends think ?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

They must also

www.nwac.ca...

Hi Kester.
It was nice to view your profile, and learn a little bit about you.

That provision seems to have been repealed.
But there are still many restrictions in place on the reserves, and on the peoples.

Who wants to wear shoes made by overworked children in foreign sweat-shops ?
Don't know what to wear anymore, you ?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Nice to see you have your disinfo spin glasses on !

"We have to pipe natural-gas though our virgin forests, to help the Chinese go green" !

Laughable, no ?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Hi MSB.

...Sure seems like everyone is divided and can't get it together against the man.

Well said !
Does that not seem to be the way of our societies ?
Divide and conquer, indeed...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

They must also

www.nwac.ca...

Absolutely untrue.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A couple of question. Why are these pipelines always near or through native land?

Why not through a white graveyard, instead of native burial sites?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Awesomepossum
A couple of question. Why are these pipelines always near or through native land?

Why not through a white graveyard, instead of native burial sites?

I think it's a matter of most cost effective route from A to B, I don't think there is some strategy to invade indigenous territory. There is all kinds of terrain to go through..not like on a prairie.

My general thoughts.

I have no dog in this fight, but the pipeline is the best, safest, less polluting way to get the gas to port. Whether or not cheap gas to China is a good thing is a whole other deal.

The protesters, hmm, 95% are not indigenous and have no clue unfortunately, most don't even know it's natural gas and not oil..at least in my area. Seem like professional malcontents. Protest is good and necessary at times, but impede me, or my business/making a living that has jack squat to do with the issue..and I'm going to be pissed.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Another news story, outlining how this current conflict, was foreseeable years ago.

Pipeline approval record reveals conflict with Wet'suwet'en years in the making.

Did the authorities slack in their negotiations, hoping to win in the courts of public-opinion ?

It's an around $6 billion dollar project, so you can bet that the business interests are also in full propaganda mode, trying to influence public-opinion though the government, and local business interests.

So how to understand these terribly complex situations ?

top topics

join