It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics is really PC (Boomers) vs Non-PC (Millennials)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Politics is really the Politically Correct crowd, the left and right, the hi there nice to meet you, pleasure to do business with you, crowd. You think they hate eachother, but hell no, they love each other and do business together. Boomers. The existence of a left and right, two party system, and oblige to that way of life is to be Politically Correct. I really feel the left and the right fight for the same causes. Because they do.

They're both fixiated on the same topics, year after year. For example people frequently mention why don't they teach you how to save and grow income in highschool? Or teach a second language in elementary/pre school? Boomers don't care about things like that in society. Again both the left and right Boomers are insanely Boomer insane stubborn on the same issues. Because that's a cool 😎 Boomer thing to do. You know it.

The non-voters, the political incorrect, make up a massive population of the world, and they do things completely differently. They don't want to act or behave like a Boomer. They don't do anything. So Boomers think they're not strong or mentally healthy decision makers. Or Boomers think the Millennial's ideas are so far out that they shouldn't be allowed.

That's just society, and politics shouldn't be Left vs Right...it should be PC vs Non-PC, because that's real life.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There’s a reason millennials are called snowflakes ya know, the uber PC

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Lol Ok Boomer.

(Edit) just saw this wasn't the Pit.
My bad.
I think the whole Boomer thing is funny but overblown. Using it in seriousness makes one look foolish in my opinion. But I'm a Gen X'er, not a Millennial. So I don't get offended as easily.

edit on 21Thu, 13 Feb 2020 21:53:30 -0600pmvAmerica/ChicagoThursdayb20202America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Reading helps

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think the OP has things backwards. Older people rally against the PC all-inclusive equity for all that younger PC generations seem to want.

I don't disagree the whole left/right hate is mostly for us peons. They get together and party it up all the time, especially the uber-rich.

The non-voters, the political incorrect, make up a massive population of the world, and they do things completely differently. They don't want to act or behave like a Boomer. They don't do anything. So Boomers think they're not strong or mentally healthy decision makers.

If they can't even get off their butts to cast a vote for their future, I would argue they aren't healthy decision makers.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well don't you all think it's divided as those who want politics and those who don't? Obviously some satire and hypocrisy in my OP.
edit on 13-2-2020 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Neither of you are right. There isn’t a set age group for the PC culture. Just weak minded people fit the group. Hell, I’m a millennial, Trump supporter and definitely hate the PC culture.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Very true. It's not an age thing but more of a mentality thing.

Some just go with the crowd and others are willing to stand up for what they believe in.

To the OP: I'm pretty sure everybody would like less politics in their life, but without politics there is no community, state, or country. It would be anarchy.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
When did the term "Boomer" get re-appropriated? Boomer is a term from the Oklahoma land rush, not a generational term. It is a term used in OK and in the OU fight song. Having grown up in OK, I'm a bit annoyed they stole the term.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm not saying the left PC culture, LOL, you all misread my OP...I'm saying being Politically Correct, is anyone who is participating in the two party system. Being politically correct as opposed to being a stand up comedian mocking everything. Mocking society, and mocking the system. The two party SYSTEM is the SYSTEM. Facts. Mocking everything and being anti-authority is being Politically Uncorrect.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I disagree.

Politics is really government vs individual rights.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I disagree.

Politics is really government vs individual rights.

Yeah but it should be this pro-government (left and right) vs this anti government (left and right)

Thats what I'm saying

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

No.

Individual rights protected by the Bill of Rights and the Constitution vs government .

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

The non-voters, the political incorrect, make up a massive population of the world, and they do things completely differently. They don't want to act or behave like a Boomer. They don't do anything. So Boomers think they're not strong or mentally healthy decision makers. Or Boomers think the Millennial's ideas are so far out that they shouldn't be allowed.

That's just society, and politics shouldn't be Left vs Right...it should be PC vs Non-PC, because that's real life.

I'm a Boomer how do I think, ask me a question....

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

No.

Individual rights protected by the Bill of Rights and the Constitution vs government .

Thats not bad...and we are close to saying the same thing...I like how you put that...but we're basically saying the same thing. In essence you still said it's government vs government but I get what you're saying. But I think what you're saying, right now, is what I'm saying, you know what I mean?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Yeah but it should be this pro-government (left and right) vs this anti government (left and right)

Thats what I'm saying

Anti-Goverment is more about anarchist that right now are siding with the alt liberal. I call them the game reset Generation, and I blame this much on the gaming world where someone joins a game and it is unfair because others are so far ahead since they been playing the game much longer. The other side is a person doesn't like the game so just start over with a new one...The world doesn't work this way, sorry to say.

There is no real problem a 25 year old has today that I didn't have the same damn thing in 1985...just saying.

BTW Boomers are not PC by any stretch of the word...
edit on 13-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

No.

You've obviously gone off track.

Individual rights are not government. Individuals are, well, individuals.

Government (on the other hand) encompasses both left and right and in between and is authoritarian in nature.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Thats what I'm saying

Anti-Goverment is more about anarchist that right now are siding with the alt liberal. I call them the game reset Generation, and I blame this much on the gaming world where someone joins a game and it is unfair because others are so far ahead since they been playing the game much longer. The other side is a person doesn't like the game so just start over with a new one...The world doesn't work this way, sorry to say.

There is no real problem a 25 year old has today that I didn't have the same damn thing in 1985...just saying.

I don't mean anti-government literally...I mean against big government, lots of government whatever. There's people on both sides that want less of that....and there are people on both sides who want more of that everyday crammed down there throats!!! Thats is society. It's definitely split by how much government people want. Thats way more important than the petty topics that make the government a fortune. Seriously.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

No.

You've obviously gone off track.

Individual rights are not government. Individuals are, well, individuals.

Government (on the other hand) encompasses both left and right and in between and is authoritarian in nature.

Yeah man we are literally saying the same thing from different perspectives of left and right and you helped my point. Cheers!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I don't mean anti-government literally...I mean against big government, lots of government whatever. There's people on both sides that want less of that....and there are people on both sides who want more of that everyday crammed down there throats!!! Thats is society. It's definitely split by how much government people want. Thats way more important than the petty topics that make the government a fortune. Seriously.

Our forgathers wanted a large footprint for state's rights/power and small Federal foot print, they even debated if a Constitution was too much. Back in the day 80% of Government was state level to include citizenship, but after the slaves were freed many states would not give them citizenship rights and that is were the whole federal level that birth in America made you a citizen came about.

There is a balance between Capitalism and Government, with a balance between state's rights and federal power that many want to push one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Our forgathers wanted a large footprint for state's rights/power and small Federal foot print, they even debated if a Constitution was too much. Back in the day 80% of Government was state level to include citizenship, but after the slaves were freed many states would not give them citizenship rights and that is were the whole federal level that birth in America made you a citizen came about.

There is a balance between Capitalism and Government, with a balance between state's rights and federal power that many want to push one way or the other.

Word man..

Our four fathers did want that...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join