It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Hillary Clinton lose in 2016?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton is trying to rewrite the history of the 2016 election, and she's hoping you won't notice. You not noticing is absolutely crucial to her ability to salvage her legacy. Specifically, she is trying to manipulate the public's understanding of the reasons why she lost the election.

During the summer of 2016, Clinton was ahead in the polls. She was leading in both the popular vote and in the Electoral College, but as election day approached the polls narrowed. On election day, she managed to win the popular vote by around 3 million, but she lost in the Electoral College. How and why did this happen?

One of the first obvious cracks in Clinton's campaign came during the summer, when she disappeared from the public eye for up to a week or more at a time on multiple occasions, with no explanation offered. This was unheard of! A politician, in the midst of campaigning for president, disappearing from the pubic eye for a week here, a week there, with no explanation?

Rumors began to swirl. Rudy Giuliani appeared on national television, alleging that Clinton was ill ( www.politico.com... ). She denied it, but still disappeared from the public eye occasionally for a week here and a week there, again with no explanation. Then came the 9/11 Memorial Service at ground zero. As a politician running for national office, she couldn't afford to miss it. She had to attend. People would have known something was seriously wrong if she hadn't. She made it to the ceremony, but half an hour into the service, she left early. As she approached her vehicle, she appeared dizzy and began to wobble. Attendants near her reached out and held her by the arm. Then her knees buckled and she began to drop. If those near her hadn't lifted her up, she would have collapsed completely to the ground. She was driven off and no explanation was given to the media until hours later, when it was announced that she had merely gotten "overheated." Oh, and by the way, she had just been diagnosed with pneumonia. None of this explained her extended absences from the public eye while she was supposed to be campaigning for president, but Hillary had developed a reputation for keeping secrets and withholding information from the public long before that point anyway, and this was just another thing. To this day, we still don't know what her health issues were or are.

What really outraged some Democrats were the revelations that came through Wikileaks--specifically that Hilary Clinton had cut a backroom deal with the DNC Chair, Debbie Wassermann Schultz, to rig the nomination process in order to ensure that Clinton became the party nominee, and not Bernie Sanders ( observer.com... ). Sanders had a plurality very enthusiastic supporters in the Democratic Party, and they were positively outraged to find out about this deal.

Due in part to Clinton's extended absences, she did not even bother to campaign in a number of states which historically have voted Democrat in presidential elections--so called "blue states." Take, for example, Wisconsin. That state hadn't voted for a Republican since Reagan. Heck, they even voted for Dukakis in 1988! Then they voted for Bill Clinton (twice), Al Gore in 2000, Kerry in 2004, and Obama in 2008 and 2012. But when election day 2016 came around, the majority of voters in Wisconsin went for Trump. Why? Well, partly because Hillary didn't bother to campaign there, but mainly because enough Bernie supporters felt betrayed enough to sit on their hands on election day and not vote for Hillary!

Clinton lost the 2016 election largely because a significant percentage of minority voters in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania did not turn out to the polls to vote for her. African Americans are a large voting block for the Democratic Party. They overwhelmingly vote Democrat, and the Democratic Party cannot afford to lose their votes. Hillary did lose their votes. See the following article from the Washington Post, entitled, "4.4 million 2012 Obama voters stayed home in 2016--more than a third of them black" -- www.washingtonpost.com...

This exact same scenario played out in other "blue states" such as Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, and it's the reason why Donald Trump won the election in 2016. It has been estimated that if Hillary had gotten a mere 80,000 extra votes spread out across 3 of these states, she would have won the election. It was her race to win or lose, and hers alone. And she lost it.

Make no mistake about it: Hillary Clinton alone is to blame for this outcome because of her habit of lying, duplicity, and corruption. But of course she will not admit this, so she will blame anyone else: Putin, Julian Assange, Wikileaks, the "basket of deplorables," anyone and everyone but herself.

Trying to blame Putin or Assange for the outcome of the 2016 election is particularly hilarious to me. In the first place, both Putin and Assange deny that the hacked emails came from Russia. Of course they may be lying, but for all I know those emails may have come from a DNC staffer who was a disgruntled Bernie supporter! There is no way for me to know one way or the other. But what if Putin did try to influence the outcome of the 2016 election by ordering the hack of the DNC emails and releasing them to the American public via Wikileaks? In that case, all I can say is, "Fair play to him for showing us the truth!"

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I can't speak for every Historical Election but Trump VS Hillary was the worst election of my lifetime.

IMO, it was the clearest American example of choosing the lesser of two evils that I have ever seen.

I hope to never see it again.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kasalt
Polls are "Lies, damned lies, and statistics"

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Very few were passionate about her, most who supported her were just anti Trump.
She would have been like Obama and Bush with foreign policy.
Shes corrupt.
She alienated people by telling them they were a bigot if they didn't support her.
Her husband wrecked the economy with TPP.

Did I mention nobody liked her?

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why did Hillary Clinton lose? Just for starters. Because she is a horrible, corrupt, evil, smelly, Lying person with a nasty personality and an ego the size of Jupiter.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The huge irony of the 2016 presidential election is that during the primaries, both the DNC and the Clinton campaign worked behind the scenes to promote Donald Trump for the nomination of the Republican Party on the grounds that he would be one of the easiest candidates to beat in the general election:

"According to an email from Marissa Astor, Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook’s assistant, to Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, the campaign knew Trump was going to run, and pushed his legitimacy as a candidate." Source: WikiLeaks Reveals DNC Elevated Trump to Help Clinton -- observer.com...

"Clinton’s team drew up a plan to pump Trump up...and tell the press to [take him] seriously...senior aides stayed convinced that a race against Trump would be a dream for Clinton...Clinton strategists' initial reaction to Trump’s blaze through the primaries at the time was giddy disbelief..." Source: They Always Wanted Trump -- www.politico.com...

We all know how that worked out.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Because we're in an Internet age now and a lot people like to see how far they can push a "funny" meme.

Reference: Boaty McBoatface
edit on 13-2-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3sixand9

I can't speak for every Historical Election but Trump VS Hillary was the worst election of my lifetime.

IMO, it was the clearest American example of choosing the lesser of two evils that I have ever seen.

I hope to never see it again.

Most all Trump voters will disagree with you...We voted FOR Trump, not against Hillary...And we will vote FOR Trump in 2020, and maybe 2024...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton is why Hillary Clinton lost, had she not gone to "deplorables", she possibly could of squeaked out a win.

I also think Comey announcing a reopening of the investigation days before election sealed it.

JM2C

link   
She tried to buy her candidacy. She went a full year without campaigning. She thought she had it in the bag. Just listen to that smug b, maddow, talk about how Trump had a 0% chance of winning before the actual election, then watch her cry after reality happened. These people think they control reality.

link   
a reply to: Iscool

I would disagree with that....

I didn't vote for Trump because I liked him.......I voted against Hillary because of the way she handled classified information.

Having spent a couple of decades with some of the highest clearances you can get....I knew she was a threat to national security beyond the slightest doubt.
edit on 13-2-2020 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hillary using a "Double Actress" after the 911 incident didn't help 😎

And of course Comey's leaked letter to Congress about re-opening the email case (because of "new" info about Weiner) a few days before the election was deluxe 😎

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Simple - she is an untrustworthy un-electable piece of human garbage.

She had a chance though - but her true nature wouldn't let her monopolise on it. When she was handed questions to the debate ahead of time she was handed a golden ticket to the white house. She was just too crooked to take advantage of it.

All she had to do was walk out on that stage, hold up the questions and say, "Someone gave me the questions to tonight's debate ahead of time. These questions should be replaced and new questions should be used. This debate needs to be fair and honest. Our electoral process deserves no less."

Had she done that, she would have shut down everyone who said she is untrustworthy and corrupt. But she couldn't do it. Lying and cheating is her nature so she went with it. Her performance was as blatantly fake as her evil grin. And she lost - big time. And rightfully so.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
OP I have a question.

Did you just come to this realization ?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Because she is naturally not likable and she is a horrible politician. If she wasn't married to Bill Clinton she would have never been elected to the Senate or made to be Secretary of State. In other words, left on her own Hillary Clinton couldn't get elected dog catcher.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I would have voted for anybody running against Hillary. I expected Trump to top Nixon as the worst president ever, but a far better choice than her.
I was raised by generations-strong Democrats. My father was in politics and I thought the Democratic party had the best interests of the country at heart. I was just a kid when JFK was killed, and the corruption surrounding his death was an eye opener for me.
I am very unhappy with the extremism I'm seeing in the Democratic party. I don't think either party has our best interests at heart now that I am old. We appear to just be a means to their enormously wealthy, entitled lifestyle.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
OP I have a question.

Did you just come to this realization ?

No of course not. I saw all of this happen in real time. But some other people have yet to come to this realization. This thread is for them.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Clinton was a bitch that rode her husbands coat tails.
She accomplished nothing until bills term was over and then only won because of her last name and a change of democrat friendly address.

Any other candidate probably could have beaten trump.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Pants suits.. of course.

Also, voters arent as dumb and downtrodden as she thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The mass media which is owned by Republican billionaires paid for anti-Hillary ads. Of course, since they own the media outlets all the money just came back to them. For the media moguls political ads are free.

One thing we know about advertising is advertising works!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join